ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

This Message Board is designed to discuss issues concerning Gurmat, Gurbani, issues related to the Sikh Panth and Sikh history. Any type of posts that contain vulgar language, personal attacks, flame wars, and content against the teachings of Gurmat are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Constructive, respectful debates with the aim to learn about Gurmat are encouraged. Arguments simply for the sake of argument will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators have authority to delete/edit such posts. Administrators and moderators only interest is to maintain a constructive, well run Message Board which promotes learning and Gurmat inspiration. www.tapoban.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced on these forums, and cannot be held responsible for the content of sites linked from these pages or the views of the members posting here.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pothi Kirtan = Beadbi
Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2008 07:56AM

veer harinder singh ji I dont think GURBANI of Sacred Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji can be compared with a man sitting inside aeroplane. Gurbani will remain Gurbani be it is written in Gurmukhi, Hindi , english, or any language or any codes. i dont think the "value and meanings" get changed whn u convert it into other form of codes.

moreoevr whn Gurbani is stored on the magnetic disk or in any semiconductor memory of a blade server it is also not as good.

I want to discontinue further on this topic.

conclusion is ONE SHLD BE EXTREMLY CAREFUL WHILE ACCESSING TO SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI . and POTHI KIRTAN shld be AVOIDED to the most possible extent . DISPLAYs can be used to replace pothi's while kirtan.

rabb mehar kare.

Posted by: Akaaal (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2008 12:12PM

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think we are taking things way toooo far! Now we are talking about binary codes? I think Sikhi is beyond this type of stuff. So...next time you answer your cellphone, don't say Fateh, because there are lots of swear words being transmitted through cellular satellites!? Our Guru is strong...nothing can effect our Guru. If a prostitute comes to Guru Ji's Darbar, is that wrong too?

I think that if we get too caught up in these things, it will do alot of damage to ourselves. Respect Bani to max...but it comes to internet Bani etc...don't take it too far...Just my opinion...i may be wrong.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2008 12:59PM

veer akaal ji thts what i was trying to make thm understd

Sri Guru govind Singh ji's Motive to crown Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as Guru was tht so thts sikhs can explore the vaani and practise naam simran also while accessing to the sacred vani they shld be cautious enough to read and follow as they are the sayings of Guru.

But here we are unnecessarily high handling the religion (Fanaticism) and instead of taking teaching from gurbani we had engaged ourslves into other factors tht are indeed important but not as important as GURBANI's teaching.

Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2008 06:00PM

Interestingly----Gursikhi is also binary,in a way. Either u look towards Guru or do not do that.

Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:21AM

Bump

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

© 2007-2011 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib