ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

This Message Board is designed to discuss issues concerning Gurmat, Gurbani, issues related to the Sikh Panth and Sikh history. Any type of posts that contain vulgar language, personal attacks, flame wars, and content against the teachings of Gurmat are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Constructive, respectful debates with the aim to learn about Gurmat are encouraged. Arguments simply for the sake of argument will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators have authority to delete/edit such posts. Administrators and moderators only interest is to maintain a constructive, well run Message Board which promotes learning and Gurmat inspiration. www.tapoban.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced on these forums, and cannot be held responsible for the content of sites linked from these pages or the views of the members posting here.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Sidhant of Gurmat - Deep Vichaar on Gurmat!!
Posted by: Sunsingh (IP Logged)
Date: August 03, 2008 10:06AM

You may need to watch these videos a few times to really understand them. This is very deep vichaar by Giani Gurdev Singh ji.

video 1: Sidhant of Gurmat: [video.google.com]

video 2: Aspect of Nirgun Sargun Upasna and Amrit Dhristi: [video.google.com]

from www.sikhawareness.com

Re: Sidhant of Gurmat - Deep Vichaar on Gurmat!!
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: August 07, 2008 08:35AM

With all the due respect to Sant jee, I feel that Sants with background in Nirmalas, explain Gurbani and Gurmat through the lens of Vedant. Sant jee too mentions Vedant several times in his books and lectures.

My question is, is Vedant according to Gurmat? Is Advaitvaad preached by Vedant, according to Gurmat?

Vedant in my opinion is opposed to Prema-Bhagti because they don't believe in a God separate from the Jeev and consider jeev to be God (Aham Brahmasiya) but as far as I know, Gurmat is all about Prema-bhagti. Aham-Brahmasiya is not according to Gurmat. Tu Tu karta Tu hooya (not mai hooya), mujh meh raha na hoo. In other words, Mai became tum but not tum becoming mai as is the case in Vedant.

There is no doubt that Vedant is a great philosophy and it worked very well to tackle Buddhism's atheism but it is far from the Gurmat philosophy of Vaheguru and jeev. It would be interesting to know Sant jee's or their companions' views on Vedant and Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: N30 S!NGH (IP Logged)
Date: August 07, 2008 04:59PM

Gurfateh Kulbir Singh Ji,

just a small observation,

Videos you are seeing above is of gyani gurdev singh ji who i beleive met you couple of years ago. Above videos are not of sant jagjit singh harkhowale.

pher millan gaye when right time comes :)

~Puratan MangalCharan ~

Firstly meditating upon Aatam Dev
Nirmal Jot, of Sat Chit Anand Svaroop

Then I bow to the lotus feet of Ishtadev
SatGuru Maharaj, Dasaan Patshahian di Jot

Finally I offer salutations to my Gurdev/Murshid
, under whose guidance.
All efforts blossom forth

Sat Sri Akaal !

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: August 08, 2008 06:44AM

Good to hear from you N3O jeeo. I inadvertantly posted my post under this thread. I had intended to post it under one of the threads where Sant Jagjit Singh jee's updesh was written.

Quote:
Videos you are seeing above is of gyani gurdev singh ji who i beleive met you couple of years ago.

Yes, I did meet Giani Gurdev Singh jee when he came to Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib few years ago. I found Giani jee to be a very amicable and knowledgeable person.

Quote:
pher millan gaye when right time comes :)

What better time than now? Why don't you email me (xkulbirsingh@hotmail.com) and we meet this coming weekend at our gharibkhana.

Kulbir Singh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

© 2007-2011 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib