ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

This Message Board is designed to discuss issues concerning Gurmat, Gurbani, issues related to the Sikh Panth and Sikh history. Any type of posts that contain vulgar language, personal attacks, flame wars, and content against the teachings of Gurmat are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Constructive, respectful debates with the aim to learn about Gurmat are encouraged. Arguments simply for the sake of argument will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators have authority to delete/edit such posts. Administrators and moderators only interest is to maintain a constructive, well run Message Board which promotes learning and Gurmat inspiration. www.tapoban.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced on these forums, and cannot be held responsible for the content of sites linked from these pages or the views of the members posting here.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Guru Jee's Relationship to a GurSikh is Eternal
Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2010 02:39PM

The love relationship between Guru Jee and his Sikh is an eternal one. Once Guru Jee acknowledges you as a Sikh he will not break the bond. Your karams may take you further away from Guru Jee but he will not forget you. It may seem as though Guru Jee may be punishing you if you have strayed off the path but this is his way of helping us.
If this is happening to us then we have to see it as an indication that he has not forgotten us. For if Guru Jee does not do this then how else do we change our ways.

I read an old Sakhi preserved and recorded in a Pracheen Sree Guru Granth Sahib Bir, it’s called the Bhai Peyandhe Vali Bir originally from Rawalpindi written in the 17th century. In it there is a Saki from Guru AmarDaas Jee, Guru Jee is recorded to have said the following

ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲਹੁਂ ਭੁਲਦਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਾਂ ਸਮਝਾਵਣਾ, ਆਪਣੀਅਹੁੰ ਧਿਰਹੁੰ ਆਖਣਾ I ਜੇ ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਾਂ ਓਹ ਜਾਣੇ ਏਹੁ ਆਖਣਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਹੈ I

Guru Jee in this statement proves this love and attachment to a GurSikh. Even to the extent that if he has done wrong then he is still mine.

Nowadays we are so quick to call someone a non Sikh for the slightest reason but Guru Jee does not do this.

Re: Guru Jee's Relationship to a GurSikh is Eternal
Posted by: scimitar (IP Logged)
Date: January 18, 2010 03:49AM

praajioh whatever you said matches to one of the sakhis i read too in Surinder Singh Kholis book.

Posted by: chatrik (IP Logged)
Date: January 18, 2010 07:11AM

ਸਿੰਘ ji,
Can you please translate what you have written in gurmukhi. As I am unable to understand it.

Date: January 18, 2010 08:25AM

Scimitar jee, I have not read any of Surinder Singh Kholi’s books so I can’t confirm if we are talking about the same thing. However this and many other Sakhis from Bhai Peyandhe Vali Bir have been used by many historians and writers because of its historic nature. It is one of the oldest sources of Sakhis we have available. It contains a number of old Sakhis of which some have become unreadable due to age now. The Sakhi I quoted from is very similar to the one written by admin in the following thread [www.tapoban.org] .

Chatrik jee, the line I quoted simply says that If someone has gone off/forgotten Guru Jee’s path then help him by trying to explain/bringing him around to the correct path but if he does not accept the advice then still treat or see him as Guru Jee’s Sikh.

This for me is a really powerful message, firstly it is showing the relationship between Guru Jee and his GurSikh and secondly its advice for us on how we should treat other GurSikhs when they have fallen or are falling from Gurmat.

Date: January 18, 2010 10:10AM

I will try to post a few of these rare Sakhis in Bhai Peyandhe Vali Bir if Guru Jee allows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 10:45AM by admin.

Posted by: Sukhdeep SIngh (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2010 04:11PM

Vadha Veer Ji thanks for providing quotation from an ancient Sakhi. Also thanks for providing explanation. I think in this Pangti, Guru Ji is saying if a another brother of yours is at fault or does not understand the difference between right and wrong then you should still regard them as a Sikh of the Guru even if there Bibek is still progressing and do not hold the same Gurmat values as you. Basically Guru Ji is saying be patient with those that dont hold the same Gurmat Values as you.

I remember when I took Amrit Panj Pyaarey told me that Keski is a kakkar. I had these beliefs before taking Amrit but after Panj Pyaarey told me then obviously my beliefs of this rehat became much stronger. Panj Pyaarey also told me the importance of Naam Simran Amrit Vela. They also said keep vegetarian diet. I remember when I would start talking to other Gursikh relatives and friends I would get annoyed if they did not cover their head properly, ate meat, or if they told me Amrit Vela is not important. I patiently tried to convince them why these things are important but they still did not want to listen to me. I then started thinking that these people were not Gursikh which now I feel at fault for thinking like this. Thanks for providing this pangti I hope to follow Guru Jis advive. It would be nice if every Jathabandi respected one another as as Guru-Bhai even if they dont fully share the same Gurmat Beliefs.

If someone does fault due to a lack of understanding then I dont think they should be treated as second class Sikhs. Because sometimes Panj Pyaarey do not explain all of the important rehats to Abhilakhees thus they make mistakes that go against Gursikhi Rehat. But if someone breaks rehat through intention then they no longer belong to Guru Ji.

In Bhai Daya Singh Jis Rehatnama, Guru Ji has made it clear that those people who commit Bajjar Kurehit are no longer his Sikhs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 06:21PM by admin.

Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:22AM

Bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

© 2007-2011 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib