ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Punjabi = Moorakh?
Posted by: Pardeep Singh Bilga (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 01:27AM

Are Punjabis the most idiotic and 2-faced people on the planet? (sorry, not ALL Punjabis, but read on...)
If we look around, we have "weak" Muslims who don't pray 5 times a day etc. We have the majority of the British population, who in a religious sense, are defunt and could be classed as "weak". These people either have no interest in religion, or do not have time- their choice entirely, doesn't bother me.
Then, we have the Punjabi ("Sikhs" i.e. from "Sikh families) - lots who are "weak" and do not follow, i.e drink, cut hair etc. The difference however, is this: Sikhism tells us "do not drink, eat meat/halal(?), cut your hair" - but do we take notice? -NO. How many "Sikh" families do people know, who give up meat/sharaab on a Tuesday?- yes, Tuesday the special day of the HINDU maata?
Yes, these people are rather strict on a Tuesday and make their kids think "bad things will happen" should a chicken nugget pass their mouths on a Tuesday!
Yet, these people have no problem taking Guru-ka-langar on a Sunday afternoon and going straight to the pub to wash it down with 5 lagers! Left-over langar is taken to the homes of these people after a program and eaten with sharaab!
Cutting of hair - they are so weak, but knowing it is wrong, don't have the guts to go to the barbers and hold their hands up and say "I know it's wrong", they look for "get-out" clauses and run to some mandir in India where the hair is cut by some pandit, so "maata" can look after the child, should there be some problem in the future.
You have people who follow, or don't follow their own religion as much as they want should. The Punjabis disrespect their own and pay more respect to OTHERS' religion. MOORAKHS

Annoyed and frustrated mona (with Sikh beliefs & heart)

Re: Punjabi = Moorakh?
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 09, 2007 08:02AM

"Jin Mastak Dhur Har likhiya, tinaa Satgur Miliya Raam Raaje||"
(Those who have good fortune written on their forehead, receive Satguru)

In the light of above pankiti, we can't shed tears for ones who renounce their faith so easily in today's age. If these people don't have the good fortune of having Sikhi faith, how can they keep kesh, chhak amrit and do Naam Abhyaas? They are just not meant to be doing Naam Abhyaas.

What we can do is ask for Sarbat da Bhala, which really means that may all get Naam from Satguru and japp Naam in this life so that this life and their life in the next world is comfortable.

Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib