ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Bibek Langar
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2007 11:13AM

vjkk vjkf

i have notice over the few years i have been going to programs, smagams etc

that when ever bibekee langar is made it's only for those few singhs that eat out of sarbloh, and theres usually a seperate langar for people who dont keep bibek

i think this is totally wrong, the idea of langar is to bring everyone together to sit equally in one place and do pangat
If gursikhs want to uphold the rehat then they should make langar for everyone regardless who they are, keep just one langar like Guru Jee did instead of splitting it. At smagams in Bibeksar Sahib and all of india it's kept as one langar all in sarbloh and everyone eats out of sarbloh, i'm sure Tapoban Sahib do the same. I hope someone from there can post on this topic please

bul chuk marf karna for anything wrong said

vjkk vjkf

Re: Bibek Langar
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2007 02:53AM

Even people who keep bibek or sarbloh bibek dont have a common langar. There is so much of disunity in the jatha. The number of sarblohis arent that many and even among sarblohis there are subgroups. U have kache sarblohis, dhille sarblohis, good sarblohis and finally the gang of super sarblohis,hahaha and u have separate langar even among sarblohis.All this disunity really troubles a new amritdhari, u have so many people with different opinions, it can be madening. The only solution to this is .... a soul like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee needs to come back to set this mess right. The present generation has completely spoiled the jatha, people dont want to keep even minimum bibek, dont want to get up at amritvela but still want to do kirtan or langar de seva(and get angry if stopped) Almost everybody is learning vajja and becoming a kirtanniya,lol. People who hardly ever get up at amritvela sing those amritvela shabads,close their eyes and make bairagi faces, hahaha.Smagams these days have become picnics or marriage bureaus. Absolute shame on the present generation for spoiling the efforts of a great great soul like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee.

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2007 11:27AM

Langar (Punjabi: ਲੰਗਰ) is the term used in the Sikh religion for the free, vegetarian-only food served in a Gurdwara and eaten by everyone sitting as equals, including, in theory, non-Sikh

The Sikh Langar or free kitchen was started by the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak. It is designed to uphold the principle of equality between all people of the world regardless of religion, caste, colour, creed, age, gender or social status. In addition to the ideals of equality, the tradition of Langar expresses the ethics of sharing, community, inclusiveness and oneness of all humankind. "..the Light of God is in all hearts."

Why doesnt everyone sit together and eat the sarbloh langar. Also good point made by Bhai Harinder Singh Jee

Posted by: **** (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2007 02:00PM

The places mentioned like Bibeksar Sahib and Tapoban Sahib is because there are adequate sevadaars to prepare the langar and feed the sangat. Here in England there are the few odd here and there so on occasions where there are more than 200 people present it is hard to provide. Also if there were more than the odd few it depends who the programme is organised by and if they aprove of the whole langar to be prepared by rehitvaan gursikhs only.

Date: December 13, 2007 04:07AM

A singh told me recently that sometime back sangat went to Sri Patna Sahib and there were 5 different langars as people had their own different levels of bibek rehit.
yes, bibeksar sahib is daamm good, zabardast and simple langar to eat.
This simple is very important.
These days lots of dishes are made just to attract the crowd which is really wrong. Many people just come to eat these dishes. Its becoming more of a mellaaa.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 09:38AM

Veer Harinder Singh has raised a very important point that today, Bibeki Singhs have different levels that has caused disunity within them. Due to trivial reasons, they don't eat from each other's hands. In order to have unity one must have Roti-Beti dee Saanjh i.e. one should be eating from each other. For this reason, it's imperative that all Bibeki Sarblohi Singhs agree to a minimum common platform i.e. minimum rehit and this way become Abhed with each other. Otherwise, it's all a show of haume and nothing else. It really makes them weak.

May Guru Sahib do kirpa on Singhs and may whole of Khalsa Panth unite. This unity can come only with Guru Sahib's kirpa. Haume in our minds just does not allow us to be humble and lack of humility and Mith-bolna is the reason of disunity in Panth today. Of course lack of rehit and Naam are the main reasons as well.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Death (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 11:39AM

Well said harinder singh, by the way you said: 'Many people just come to eat these dishes'. I know what you mean, I try and not eat dishes but instead the food on top of them, as when I do my teeth always fall out after having one. Especially the ones made out of sarbloh. LOL!

Date: December 14, 2007 01:40AM

All this disunity is due to haume(maya) and this haume(maya) is the second most powerful power after WAheguru Jee.EVerthing that happened,is happening and will happen is due to this haume(maya). Only Sri Bhagauti Ji ie Naam Khanda is capable of fighting and killing haume.One has to walk on a path sharper than khanda to eliminate this haumme. ONly Satguru Jee can bring unity in the panth.
And yes people show haumme by not eating from other gursikhs. BUt u have amritdharis forcing u to eat from their hands,thats equally wrong. People put things in front of u to eat without even asking u.
Solution to this is if u want someone to eat from ur hands, just ask that person ONCE very very politely kee "bhai sahib jee, kuch chakonge jeeee?." Thats it. Respect whatever answer u get and dont make a face or do ninda of that person.
Bibek rehit shud be helping a person japp naam and become HUMBLE and not become arrogant. Some time back, I met an old Mata Jee who is amritdhari, doesnt wear a dastaar, dint even know about bibek.She had a pakka amritvela and read gurbani all the time. She lost her sons and husband in 84 .She never begged for money( u have shameless bibekis and sarblohis selling out to money, selling their self respect and running to west via marriage, kirtan, becoming granthis etc,u have shameless bibekis and sarblohis avoiding kirt, begging money from sangat and never caring to return).Even in her old age, she does kirt, does some stiching. She cooked for me in sarbloh and it was a PRIVELAGE to eat from her hands. Later on I told her about being niaaraa and keeping bibek , that mata jee was so pyare and bhollee that she agreed to keep bibek.She said that she very rarely eats outside but now will completely stop.
Bibek is about japping naam , becoming humble and loving fellow amritdharis.

Date: December 14, 2007 02:23AM

Pyare veer "death"
Even i dont eat those fancy dishes,just prefer to eat daal-roti or sabzi-roti. I make sure I do everything in my 1 sarbloh baataa,which I always keep with me.
I must confess occasionally i do eat jalebis,lol but I am trying to control on that too.Also occasinally eating such dishes is not wrong,but one shud not getting addicted to them.I feel sorry for ur teeth. I learnt to cook tikkis recently( I was forced to learn tikkis by a sweet mata jee).Next time u come to India(I guess u are not from India), do see me and I will make those tikkis for u in sarbloh, and trust me u will have a totally new experience, hahahaha. Dont worry it will be a pleasant experience.

Date: December 17, 2007 03:17AM

I feel another reason for this disunity is that people dont trust each others committment to bibek.I personally feel one shud trust a gursikh if he is claiming to be a sarblohiya or a bibeki but I have had some bad experiences doing so. I eat mostly from bibekis or sarblohi bibekis only. I keep milk bibek as well but eat from those who are unable to keep this bibek. But one day i saw some of these singhs eating dudh diyaan mathaiyaan(from a cigarette smoking halvayees shop) or having other milk products as well. Some singhs who claim to be bibeki dont mind having an odd dash here and there(and dont care to get pesh). Seeing this, I GOT REALLY HURT.
THen I am very particular about sarbloh, I only eat things cooked in sarboh, even if I have to remain without food for considerable time. I have seen many sarblohis eating things cooked in steal as well, like they are not that strict about sarbloh , and I find this very wrong. They say that eating in steal occasionaly wont make u loose ur naam kamayee, well.. that might be true but its about discipline and obeying Satguru Jee's hukam. Bhai SAhib Randhir Singh Jee dint eat for many days because he was not given hair oil to comb his hair after amritvela. Now by their logic, not combing hair one day wont make one loose naam kamayee, but gursikhi is not about clever logics, its about love and complete submission to Satguru Jee/Waheguru jee.

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 11:40AM

" have seen many sarblohis eating things cooked in steal as well, like they are not that strict about sarbloh , and I find this very wrong. They say that eating in steal occasionaly wont make u loose ur naam kamayee, well.. that might be true but its about discipline and obeying Satguru Jee's hukam."

I don't thinks its a big deal if they ate from steal dishes. For people that work a lot and keeps sarbloh bibek alone may need to cook food in steel so that it will last more longer.

Date: December 20, 2007 06:23AM

I guess the cooking shud only be done in sarbloh but storing in steel, well some gursikhs do it, I personally dont do it but if somone feels comfortable with it, then do it.
Both steel and plastic are doing global warming. If Waheguru Jee wanted the need of steel and plastic in His creation, He would have given it to humans.
Baki jo theek laggda karro.

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: December 20, 2007 07:09AM

I practice sarbloh bibek and believe it is good to keep it but you don't have to put others down that don't. Don't forget that this is only physical rehit. I know sikhs who do NOT practice sarbloh bibek and they already have ridhi sidhi and there are sikhs that do practice sarbloh bibek and haven't gotten anywhere but only gained more ego.

Date: December 22, 2007 02:08AM

<< I practice sarbloh bibek and believe it is good to keep it but you don't have to put others down that don't. Don't forget that this is only physical rehit. I know sikhs who do NOT practice sarbloh bibek and they already have ridhi sidhi and there are sikhs that do practice sarbloh bibek and haven't gotten anywhere but only gained more ego.>>

What u have said is very true. Some sarblohi singhs are so arrogant, welll they embarass good nice ,cute, sweet,simple, sauuu,humble, down to earth,darvess sarblohi aatmaas like me, hahahahaha.

and u do have some bibeki aatmaas who have attained high spiritual states.
Having said that, sarbloh is an amazing rehit given to us by Satguru Jee. All amritdharis shud be told about this amazing rehit at amrit sanchars and all amritdharis shud try to keep this rehit. We shud be keeping rehit to please SAtguru Jee and not to impress mortals. And if some sarblohi aatmaa isnt good enough to keep sarbloh, that shud not make us dislike or give up sarbloh rehit.

EVeryday, humanity burns its time, energy money in buying utensils, cooking food, washing utensils. All this is also maya and only brings khuaari.
Sarbloh is amazing. Jaap naam while cooking, japp naam while eating, the food u eat also has Naam, so u eat Naam as well and then u japp naam while sodhingg ur pyara sarbloh battaa.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib