ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Khalsa colours
Posted by: gurmantar (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 07:51AM

VAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!!

The 4 Khalsa colours are blue, white, orange, and black.
What do each of these colours symbolise?
It would be great if you could support your answers with gurbani.
Thanx

Re: Khalsa colours
Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 11:42AM

Also, why must sikhs wear a dastaar that are only the 4 khalsa colours?

Date: December 18, 2007 02:53AM

i think the reason our distaar and keski should be in khalsa colours is simply because they are khalsa colours. To wear a kakaar in any different colour that is not a khalsa colour, lessons the beauty of it,

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2007 07:59AM

Colour has an effect on our mind. Colours like red and green shud never be worn. And Surmayee(navy blue) colour I feel shud be worn the most

Date: December 18, 2007 10:14AM

"Colour has an effect on our mind. Colours like red and green shud never be worn."

How do you know it affects the mind? Where did you get that from? Is it a rehit not to wear red/green? I don't wear any of those colours but I have a coat that is red from the inside. :(

Date: December 20, 2007 12:05PM

anyone???

Date: December 22, 2007 01:40AM

<< How do you know it affects the mind? Where did you get that from? Is it a rehit not to wear red/green? I don't wear any of those colours but I have a coat that is red from the inside.>>

How do people know things? How do people in the past have known things ? How do present scientists have come to know so many things ? Waheguru is the ONLY source of knowledge and the only humanity is JUST A BEGGAR. If people can know so many things, cant I get to know a thing or two? Am I not a son of Waheguru jee ? Colour does affect ones mind, ones thoughts. You seem to be a small little baby whereas I am on the way to becoming a zabardast baba. So Whatever Babajee says, just blindly agree and say Sat-bachan.

Regarding wearing of red,green, most panthic organizations agree that these colours shud never be worn. Red is a hindu colour and green is a muslim colour. A sikh shud never be wearing these colours. I guess there is some rehitnama too which prohibits wearing of red dastaar pretty strongly. Some knowledgeable veer can post the exact rehitnama.

Regarding ur coat, ideally u shud not wear it.And if u are a cute little baby with no money, this BAba can send u a zabardast coat as BAbas are pretty rich these days.

Je Marniyaan ne Sachkhand Chalanngaaan, farr lo poonchaan Babiyaan diyaaan | *Chimtaaas* Pyaare jeeeeeeee, farr lo poonchaan Babiyaan diyaan |

Date: December 23, 2007 06:22AM

'Regarding ur coat, ideally u shud not wear it.And if u are a cute little baby with no money, this BAba can send u a zabardast coat as BAbas are pretty rich these days. '

The coat is nice and my mummy gave it to me :'(

Date: December 24, 2007 02:00PM

any one got any ideas for the initial question?

Posted by: mpsingh86 (IP Logged)
Date: December 25, 2007 12:47AM

The 4 Khalsa colours are blue, white, orange, and black.
What do each of these colours symbolise?
It would be great if you could support your answers with gurbani.

Blue signifies it is a Bana of Kalyug. if u remember Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj went to Makka wearing Blue Clothes, with Garwa and with Gutka. Mythologically, Blue was worn to remaim away from evil spirits, Ghosts. Since it is Kalyug, Blue bana is given to Khalsa. Blue is also a Phuchangi Bana worn By Nihangs--Forces of God

White is the Supreme Color of Khalsa which signifies Purity.

Orange or Nirangi signifies Prosperity of Khalsa. It was growing, It is Growing and will grow in future.

Black color doesnot belong to Khalsa. Black colour came into existence from Akalis. Guru Gobind SIngh Ji Maharaj's Rehat Merzada doesnot allow any sikh to wear Black Bana because it Black is worn by Muslim Ladies. Nor there is any Photo of Our Satgurus Wearing Black Clothes.

Date: December 25, 2007 04:10AM

I read those goodie goodie things in school that white stands for 'shanti', Orange for sacrifice or 'balidaan' ,green for greenery'hariyaali etc. I dont know whether Gurmat agrees to this.
I feel only a brahamgyani will be knowing whats the actual significance of these colours. So jada chakkraaan painn de lorr nahin, avein khuaari kaaraun vali gall aaa, haha. Just wear surmayee(navy blue), I love surmayee and always wear surmayeee. I want to go to shamshaanghat wearing surmayeee, hahahaha.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib