ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

What is Naam di daat?
Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 11:49AM

When we are asking Gurujee for Naam di daat, what is it exactly that we are asking for? References to what certain Gurmukh Mahapurkhs have said in this regard will be helpful in understanding this, so please bring that out or quote it, and also shed some light with your own understanding of this concept.

Re: What is Naam di daat?
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 12:59PM

When we are asking Gurujee for Naam di daat, what is it exactly that we are asking for? References to what certain Gurmukh Mahapurkhs have said in this regard will be helpful in understanding this, so please bring that out or quote it, and also shed some light with your own understanding of this concept.

What is Naam di Daat? This is a wonderful question and an intricate one too. With respect to Naam lets ponder upon the following Gur-hukams from Gurbani:

1) NAAM JAPO MERE SAAJAN SAINA||

2) NAU-NIDH AMRIT PRABH KA NAAM||
DEHI MEH ISS KA BISRAAM||

3) NAAM KE DHARE SAGLE JANT||
NAAM KE DHARE KHAND BRAHMAND||

In the first pankiti Siri Guru jee is instructing us to recite or japp Naam. Here Naam means Gurmantra that we are supposed to recite and japp. As we japp and recite this Naam, it leads us to Jyot Prakaashi roop of Naam which in essence is roop of Vaheguru himself.

In the second pankiti Guru Sahib is mentioning the Jyot-roopi Naam that is secretly present in everyone. Dehi me iss ka bisraam i.e. it resides in the dehi (body). People who have used hand pumps in India know that in summer when the water goes deeper in Earth, sometimes one has to pour water from outside and then pump the handpump to bring water out. Same way, Naam Gurmantr has to be japped from outside to get to the treasure of Naam right inside us.

In the third pankiti Siri Guru jee writes about Jyot-Prakashi Naam that is essentially Vaheguru himself, that pervades the whole universe and the whole universe, galaxies and creatures are sustained by this all-pervading Naam.

It is written in books of Gurmukhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee that while it all starts with the first stage i.e. by reciting and chanting Naam but it leads one first to the Naam treasure right inside our body and then connects us to the all pervading Naam i.e. Vaheguru himself. Naam and Naami-Vaheguru are one and the same.

In Jail Chithiaan, Bhai Sahib has written his personal account of pleading for Naam. He kept saying to Vaheguru jee "Naam japan la de" "Naam baksh" and doing so lost consciousness and fainted right during ardaas. Such was his bairaag.

I guess Naam dee daat actually is the daat of Vaheguru himself. Naam and Naami are one and the same just like Guru and Vaheguru are the same. Guru is the form of Vaheguru and same way Naam is the energy form of Vaheguru. It's the way one can join formless Vaheguru. It's our connection with the formless Vaheguru.

The above is based on books by Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: February 18, 2008 10:40AM

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji

I read your response in September when you posted it. So therefore can we conclude that Vaaheguroo, SatGuru, Naam and Bani are all the same? Because since "Bani Guru Guru hai Bani", so Guru and Bani are ONE, and since "Gur Parmesar eko jaan", so Vaaheguroo and SatGuru are ONE, and since you said that Naam and Naami are the same, so Vaaheguroo and Naam are also ONE. This is a case of a=b, b=c, c=d, therefore ultimately a=b=c=d, therefore Vaaheguroo = SatGuru = Naam = Bani ?

Please shed some light Veerji. I am asking only to be more clear on these key concepts.

dust of your feet
Mehtab Singh

Posted by: gurmantar (IP Logged)
Date: February 19, 2008 01:04PM

VAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!
in my oppinion nam is already in everything
when we take amrit and get nam dridh the nam that is dormant inside us gets lightened up
"gupt nam pargaja"

Date: February 19, 2008 01:52PM

im juz wondering...if u think about it...Vaheguroo is the truth...there is nothing separate from Him...SatGuru comes from Him, Naam and Bani also come from Him...He is the ultimate source of all truth, creation, reality...so He is in fact the ULTIMATE ONE...and He is in EVERYTHING...He is in Naam, in Bani, and in SatGuru...hana??...so there these are not 4...they are all ONE...

Also, from Bani...

Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gujri on Ang 493

jnu nwnku boly gux bwxI gurbwxI hir nwim smwieAw ]4]5]
jan naanak bolae gun baanee gurabaanee har naam samaaeiaa ||4||5||
Servant Nanak chants the Glorious Words of the Guru's Bani; through them, one is absorbed into the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||5||

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: March 07, 2008 12:57PM

JISE JAGAVE PEaAVE IHE RAS .. AAKth KATHA TIN JAANI

this is only naam di daat.

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2008 01:10AM

aapenai aap sajeoo aapenai rachiyoo nauu. Waheguru jee created His Name after He created Himself. So gumantar that we get is a form/roop of this Nauuu.

<<JISE JAGAVE PEaAVE IHE RAS .. AAKth KATHA TIN JAANI>>
Sidhu Saab, I feel this is Naam da rass and not naam de daat.
Rest Waheguru/Satguru/Guru Jee knows.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2008 02:54PM

i think harjinder singh ji "Naam di daat" is not something tht we are giong to get from somewhere it is selfachived and god gives it naam to those who remember him.

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2008 02:58AM

yep sidhu jee
ITS ALL IN THE DESTINY.
The entire creation is made up of Naam. Gurmat Naam is the STRONGEST SHORTCUT to God, but other names can also make one spiritually strong. I feel mool mantarr(ik ounkaarrrr satnaam....... gurprasaad) is VERY POWERFULL NAAM DOZE and can be given to entire humanity by the sikh panth.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib