ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Dhadi Varan
Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: January 06, 2008 11:18AM

Is it against Gurmat to listen to Dhadi Varan.. I find these quite effective as I learn quite a lot of history by listening to these.. but is it contrary to teachings of Guru Granth Sahib Jee or is it just personal choice?

Re: Dhadi Varan
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 05:07AM

Guru Hargobind Jee Maharaj started the tradition of singing dhadi varan. There is absolutely nuthing wrong in listening to them, infact sikhs shud be listening to dhadi varan.

Posted by: Aadsach (IP Logged)
Date: January 12, 2008 11:30AM

Harinder Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guru Hargobind Jee Maharaj started the tradition
> of singing dhadi varan. There is absolutely
> nuthing wrong in listening to them, infact sikhs
> shud be listening to dhadi varan.

Absolutely agree,

Vjjk Vjkf

Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: January 12, 2008 09:22PM

what would be difference between kachi baani, dhaadi varaans and religious poems in general??

say kachi bani could be to be a poem.....??

thanks

Date: January 14, 2008 02:55AM

I will answer this to the best of my ability. All words or sounds other than the words coming from the Lotus Mouth of Satguru Jee is kachi baani.Even the words that comprise this present post of mine is kachi baani. The ONLY problem with kachi baani is that in the hazorri of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj only Satguru jee's bani shud be SUNG(dhadi vaaran being an exception to it). Though katha vaachaks do use their own words(kachi baani) while explaning Gurbani, but they dont sing it.A singh told me recently that Bhai Sahib has written something about what the true katha is, so may be this katha thats done these days might not be in accordance with tatt gurmatt. Some knowledgable veer can tell a bit more about this.
Now why dhaadi vaaran can be sung. why?? because Satguru Jee Himself has allowed this.Thats the Only reason dhadi vaaran can be sung in the court of Satguru Jee. Even baani of Bhai Nand Lal Jee and Bhai Gurdaas Jee can be sung because even this bani has been approved by Satguru Jee to be sung.

Bhul chukk de maafi bakshanni

Posted by: Ghareeb (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2008 08:12AM

<<Even baani of Bhai Nand Lal Jee and Bhai Gurdaas Jee can be sung because even this bani has been approved by Satguru Jee to be sung.>>

Does this include the vaar by Bhai Gurdas Singh as well, ie. "Vahu vahu Gobind Singh ape gur chela".

I say this because some say that the last vaar in the traditional collection is not by Bhai Gurdas Bhalla ji for obvious reasons but by an other Bhai Gurdas who was at the time of tenth Guru ji.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Ghareeb

Date: January 16, 2008 01:27AM

Dear Ghareeb
I really have no knowledge about this. I am still a pretty new entry into the sikh panth. May be somebody much more knowledgeable,someone who has read all the books of Bhai Sahib can properly answer ur question.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib