ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

'Semi-LaReevaar'
Posted by: raj karega khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2007 12:27PM

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fathe!!

Sangat Jee, I wanted to know what the Sangat's view is on 'Semi-LaReevaar'?
A Singh from Malaysia is handwriting Mahaaraaj Jee da Saroop here in Edmonton and is almost done. The way he wrote the BaaNee was 'Semi-LaReevaar.' There IS spaces between the words, although small spaces, but the top line is connected.

Obviously this is much better than Pad-Chhed, but yet not an ideal situation. What does the Sangat think, should we be trying to do Prakaash of this Saroop?

Bhul Chuk Maaph Karnaa

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fathe!!

Re: 'Semi-LaReevaar'
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2007 06:28AM

If there is space in between words then it's padd-chhed. There is no such thing as semi-laridaar. If the words have been separated, whichever way, then it's not Laridaar Saroop. The whole idea of not doing padd-chhed in writing is because of impossibility of correctly doing the padd-chhed of words, resulting in errors in Maharaj's saroop. If the saroop is laridaar and the paathi does wrong paath, then it would be considered to be a mistake of the paathi and not an error in the saroop.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: raj karega khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2007 06:57AM

Thanks for the reply...

So yesterday I went to the house where the singh is writing Mahaaraaj Jee dhaa Saroop- and I noticed a picture hanging on the wall. This saroop that the Singh is writing is the 3rd one he has handwritten. The 2nd one he handwrote is Prakaash in Amritsar Sahib at either Akaal Takhat Sahib or Harmander Sahib. And in the picture I noticed it is written in the same style - spaces but the top line connected. I thought only proper LaReevaar Saroops are allowed to be Prakaash at historical Gurduaaraay? :S Any thoughts...?

Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2007 09:58AM

raj karega khalsa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I thought only proper LaReevaar
Saroops are allowed to be Prakaash at historical
Gurduaaraay? :S Any thoughts...?
-------------------------------------------------------
vaaheguroo jee kaa khalsaa
vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

my parents watch harmandir sahib on tv in the morning and when the granthi sahib is reading the hukamnama the saroop is definetly lareevaar i cannot tell if there is a space between the akhars but only proper lareevaar saroop should be present in darbar shaib

vaaheguroo jee kaa khalsaa
vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2007 11:59AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Welcome aboard. Well that scriber Singh is doing such a great sewa by writing Guru Sahib's Saroop. It is also clear that this Singh knows the importance of Lareevaar but somehow his spacing idea diluting his work. It is exactly same as padd ched if there is random spacing according to padd ched. Writing a Guru Sahib's Saroop has a bigger laha yet biggest is to keep the originalaty. Any way Guru Sahib Kirpa karan his next Saroop will be as original as written by Bhai Mani Singh ji. Regardless his courage of hand written saroops should be promoted rather than commercial printing. Parkash of Lareevaar saroops in historical Gurudwaras has begun already. We are also trying to get the copy of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's hukamnama on this but due to some hindrances in the way it is getting delayed.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib