ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

At least 17 shot in Illinois university class
Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: February 15, 2008 11:21AM

At least 17 shot in Illinois university class
A video grab shows security tape being secured at the scene of shooting at Northern... Enlarge Photo A video grab shows security tape being secured at the scene of shooting at Northern...

Fri, Feb 15 05:48 AM

A man opened fire with a shotgun in a crowded lecture hall at Northern Illinois University on Thursday, wounding at least 17 people before killing himself, authorities said.

Witnesses said terrified students, some of them bleeding profusely from neck and other wounds after being hit by buckshot, fled the classroom after the gunman began shooting seemingly at random from near the front of the room.

"Some girl got hit in the eye, a guy got hit in the leg," George Gaynor, a student who was in the hall told the Northern Star, the student newspaper on the campus.

He said "a skinny white guy with a stocking cap on" began shooting about five minutes before a class on ocean science was to have ended. Another witness said the man suddenly appeared at the front of the auditorium carrying a shotgun and perhaps another weapon and began firing into the audience and at the teacher.

Within two hours of the shooting police said the area had been secured. They said the gunman had killed himself.

"Campus police report that the immediate danger has passed," the Web site of Northern Illinois University in DeKalb said on its Web site. "The gunman is no longer a threat."

A hospital near the campus said 17 people had been treated for gunshot wounds.

One student told local radio that roughly 140 students were in the classroom when the man opened fire. Ambulances swarmed onto the 25,000-student campus, which is 104 km west of downtown Chicago, and classes were canceled, the university said on its Web site.

One male student said he was sitting in the class, taking notes when the gunman entered from behind a curtain, firing a shotgun. "He was just shooting, and people were screaming."

Kristina Balluff, a student, said the gunman was dressed in black pants, shirt, and was wearing some sort of mask. He came onto the classroom stage, which is elevated above where the students sit, and began firing.

"I looked at this girl next to me and actually said, 'is this real?' I think the professor ... ducked out of the way."

U.S. schools and colleges have suffered a series of shooting incidents in recent years.

A university in Blacksburg, Virginia, Virginia Tech, became the site of the deadliest rampage in U.S. history in April last year when a gunman killed 32 people and himself.

Re: At least 17 shot in Illinois university class
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 15, 2008 10:27PM

Thats a sad incident. Though shooting and killing people is terribly wrong and is a huge huge sin, but some of the professors these days need a bit of chittaarrr. I hope some crazy man appears in my lecture hall with a lathi etc and give some nice beating to some arrogant hankaari professors.

Date: April 20, 2008 03:14AM

some of the professors are very THARRKIII, if they trouble any female student, their unmentionable part shud be cut.

Posted by: khalsawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2008 07:06AM

never think of digusting ways to punish people, since you have taken the role of punishing. apply for dharam rai's post if you ever meet waheguru and you will be in anand giving out whatever horrif punishments you like!

waheguroo i cant believe a respected bhai sahib is talking like this!! the reason im calling you respected is some of posts can be inspirational and hav seemed to be inline with gurmat. but this shows only guru sahib is the truly respected one!

however if you want to stick up for any female students, and the professors are doing something to them against their will, then for your info true singhs of the past would give them a good beating.

Date: April 20, 2008 11:20AM

<<< and the professors are doing something to them against their will,>>>>>>

Thats an excellent statement. Some of my colleagues me that there are some girls who delibrately tharrrkaaa the "poor" professors, hahahaha to get better grades, such bibis shud be ashamed of themselves.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib