ਟੋਡੀਮਹਲਾ5॥
ਮਾਈਚਰਨਗੁਰਮੀਠੇ॥
ਵਡੈਭਾਗਿਦੇਵੈਪਰਮੇਸਰੁਕੋਟਿਫਲਾਦਰਸਨਗੁਰਡੀਠੇ॥
ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਗੁਨਗਾਵਤਅਚੁਤਅਬਿਨਾਸੀਕਾਮਕ੍ਰੋਧਬਿਨਸੇਮਦਢੀਠੇ॥
ਅਸਥਿਰਭਏਸਾਚਰੰਗਿਰਾਤੇਜਨਮਮਰਨਬਾਹੁਰਿਨਹੀਪੀਠੇ॥1॥
ਬਿਨੁਹਰਿਭਜਨਰੰਗਰਸਜੇਤੇਸੰਤਦਇਆਲਜਾਨੇਸਭਿਝੂਠੇ॥
ਨਾਮਰਤਨੁਪਾਇਓਜਨਨਾਨਕਨਾਮਬਿਹੂਨਚਲੇਸਭਿਮੂਠੇ॥2॥8॥27॥

ਮਾਈ - i have this urge to pronounce it as one would pronounce ਸਾਈ as ਸਾਂਈਂ i.e. with two bindeeaa(n). maybe this is is because of someone's paath i heard or because of my imagination.

ਫਲਾ - this is a plural so i guess we would put a bindee on the kanna and pronounce it as ਫਲਾਂ right?

ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਜਨ ਰੰਗ ਰਸ ਜੇਤੇ , ਸੰਤ ਦਇਆਲ ਜਾਨੇ ਸਭਿ ਝੂਠੇ - would there not need to have been a ਸਿਹਾਰੀ on the ਲ of ਦਇਆਲ to get the meaning given as follows: by/via the Kind Mercy of the Saints I know this.

this question is based on an assumption. i have yet to fully learn the role of ਸਿਹਾਰੀ when it comes to viyakarn.

dhanvaad.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ / Hukamnama Sahib - 6/3/08
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 09, 2008 05:53AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀੳ

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 09, 2008 05:54AM

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:46AM

--------
ਮਾਈ - i have this urge to pronounce it as one would pronounce ਸਾਈ as ਸਾਂਈਂ i.e. with two bindeeaa(n). maybe this is is because of someone's paath i heard or because of my imagination.
---------

I have heard other Singhs who had the same urge of pronouncing maayee with bindi on the kanna but I have never heard anyone say bindi on the bihaari. Normally a bindi is not required anywhere in this shabad Maayee but if you understand this shabad to have been formed from the word "maa' (mother) then surely you can put a bindi on the kanna of this word but not on the bihaari as is in the case of ਸਾਂਈਂ .

--------
ਫਲਾ - this is a plural so i guess we would put a bindee on the kanna and pronounce it as ਫਲਾਂ right?
----------

The kanna of ਫਲਾ is pronounced nasal, not because it's plural but because there is a sambandhaki padd (preposition) hidden in it. The meaning of ਕੋਟਿਫਲਾਦਰਸਨਗੁਰਡੀਠੇ॥ is that because of millions of good Karma, I have received darshan of Guru. Kot Fala karke darshan Guru deethay. The word karke has caused the nasal sound on the kanna of falaa. In other cases where there is not a sambandhaki padd in the end of similar words, the uchaaran is without nasal e.g. in the 5th shabad of Siri Rehraa Sahib "Kosa" is not pronounced as nasal because there is no sambandhaki padd in the end of it.

-----------
ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਜਨ ਰੰਗ ਰਸ ਜੇਤੇ , ਸੰਤ ਦਇਆਲ ਜਾਨੇ ਸਭਿ ਝੂਠੇ - would there not need to have been a ਸਿਹਾਰੀ on the ਲ of ਦਇਆਲ to get the meaning given as follows: by/via the Kind Mercy of the Saints I know this.
-----------

My understanding of this pankiti is that 'Save Har Bhajan, all other Rass and pleasures are considered false by Sants of Dyaal Vaheguru. So the word Dyaal is fine as it is and there is no need of sihaari there.

Kulbir Singh

this question is based on an assumption. i have yet to fully learn the role of ਸਿਹਾਰੀ when it comes to viyakarn.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib