ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

How to post in punjabi ?
Posted by: void Main() (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 04:39AM

Vaaheguru jee Ka Khalsa, Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

To post in punjabi , You need to download and install punjabi font from HERE.

After installing you can use [+gurbani] [/+gurbani] tags without plus sign (+) to write in punjabi.

ਮਾਨਸੁ ਕੀ ਜ਼ਾਤ ਸਭੈ ਏਕੈ ਪਹਿਚਾਨਬ

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 02:57PM by admin.

Re: How to post in punjabi ?
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2007 08:50AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Why this new Panjabi format it doing unnecessary padd chedds of the words?

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: October 11, 2007 11:19PM

iBKy ky ]
guru igAwnu Aru iDAwnu qq isau qqu imlwvY ]
sic scu jwxIAY iek icqih ilv lwvY ]
kwm koD vis krY pvxu aufMq n DwvY ]
inrMkwr kY vsY dyis hukmu buiJ bIcwru pwvY ]
kil mwih rUpu krqw purKu so jwxY ijin ikCu kIAau ]
guru imilau soie iBKw khY shj rMig drsnu dIAau ]1]19]

Take a look at the above.. Can You C the same problem of padd chedds. If yes the please tell me. because i cant c any spacing in words. of may b its because of my High Resolution Screen.

Date: October 12, 2007 07:30AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Still the same for example:

2nd line first word GURU is shown as GU RU.
4th line 2nd word KRODH is shown as KRO DH, 6th word UDANT is shown as U DAN T.
5th line first word NIRANKAR is shown as NIRAN KAR, 4th, 5th, 6th words have spacing.
6th line and 3rd, 5th word.
7th line and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th words have spacings.

Our normal resolution is 1024x768 with 17" monitor which is pretty much comman, tried changing to 1152x864, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1200 but same result. Surely some thing wrong with fonts.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh.

Date: October 12, 2007 09:08AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Well i think this problem occure when u use Internet Explorer. I use Firefox which is way better explorer and Secure. and i Dont C that problem in that Explorer. Try using that and then tell me if u still face that problem.

Date: October 12, 2007 09:30AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Thanks for the advise but with Firefox font edges are not smooth with every text on the page so it solve one problem but created another and we are thinking about the regular user.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2007 01:46PM

VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Khalsa Jeeo,

Anyone worked-out yet how to post properly using Gurmukhee?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: October 16, 2007 12:55AM

SSA,

Well I tried my best to find what was the problem. As i was lookin for the solution, I came to know that this is the BUG in IE. I tried my best to fix this problem Somehow. I came up with solution. Now that problem is almost Solved, I said "almost" because U never know how IE will behave on different Machines. I still Recommend you FireFox. It is free software and very Secure one. U can also continue using same browser. You may face That problem of character Spacing, As it is IE BUG not ours.

Thanks,

Date: October 17, 2007 11:22AM

SSA,
I`ve Enabled the Unicode. Here is the sample..

ਬਾਗੀ ਨਾਮ ਸਾਡਾ,
ਬਾਗੀ ਜਾਤ ਸਾਡੀ,
ਸਾਡਾ ਬਾਗੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਵੀਹਾਰ ਲੋਕੋ,
ਗੁਰੂ ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਬਾਗੀ,
ਨਲੂਆ ਵੀਰ ਬਾਗੀ,
ਸਾਡਾ ਬਾਗੀ ਪੰਥ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਲੋਕੋ,
ਭਗਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਾਗੀ ਊੱਧਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਾਗੀ,
ਸਾਡਾ ਬਾਗੀ ਸੀ ਭਿੰਡਰਾਂਵਾਲਾ ਸਰਦਾਰ ਲੋਕੋ,
ਅਸੀਂ ਰਹੀਏ ਸਦਾ ਬਾਗੀ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ,
ਹੁਣ ਬਾਗੀਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਕੰਬੂ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਲੋਕੋ....

Date: October 17, 2007 11:45AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

ਕਵਿਤਾ ਚੰਗੀ ਲੱਗੀ।

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 17, 2007 12:19PM

Is there a way to transfer your writings in gurbani akhar font to unicode?

Kulbir Singh

Date: October 17, 2007 12:41PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Sahib jio,

Yes there is, go to following link

[sourceforge.net]

and from that page look for guca.2004-11-15.x86.1.3.1780.28890.zip which is under GUCA heading. Download and install then run it, under mapping setting select the conversion style.

Hope this helps.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: harveen_singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2007 03:37AM

just testing
[gurbani]vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU
DMn gurU nwnk dyv swihb jI

hrvIn isMG[gurbani]

Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: December 24, 2007 08:49AM

can sum 1 explain this to me in ENGLISH

Date: December 25, 2007 03:38AM

vaheguroojeekakhalsa,vaheguroojeekeefateh!

veer jee,

to post in punjabi, you need to download and install the punjabi font mentioned in the 1st post. save it to your desktop and drop into the fonts folder on your pc (c: > windows > fonts).

your pc will know what to do now. from now on when posting you have to type [*gurbani] just before your gurmukhee panktee/pankteeaa(n) begin. then you put [*/gurbani] just after where the panktee/pankteea(n) end.

please do not use the stars though - i've put them there to stop the font encoding software used by this site from trying to turn...

'just before your gurmukhee panktee/pankteeaa(n) begin. then you put:'

...into gurmukhee.

let's use an example when it comes to actually posting. remember, you'll do exactly the same but without stars:

[*gurbani]<siqnwmukrqwpurKuinrBauinrvYruAkwlmUriqAjUnIsYBMgurpRswid ]
] jpu ]
Awidscujugwidscu ]
hYBIscunwnkhosIBIscu ]1][*/gurbani]

although at the time of posting you'll see the gibberish above (minus the stars remember!), once it appears on the forum it will be sunder nalae pavittar roop laReevaar gurbaaNee.

although you'll be copying and pasting gurmukhee font pankteeaa(n) into your posts, which might originate from a website or a ms word document, the gibberish you'll see is due to the fact that at the time of inputting, the site doesn't recognise the gurmukhee font and simply treats it as default text - but thats why the tag system is there - to sort that out once you've clicked 'post message'.

ps - simply delete the gaps between words, as i have done in my example above, and you'll have laReevaar gurbaaNee appearing...and me as your best friend! lol.

hope that helps veer jee.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: December 31, 2007 03:11AM

re: scourge unicode reversion font mentioned to kulbir singh a few post up; i can't download the file - says the site is unavailable.

anyone?

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: December 31, 2007 11:40AM

khalsa jeeo,

although slightly unrelated, i'm hoping the tecchies here may be able to help.

i'm trying to copy and paste the gurmukhee text on this link into a word document:

[www.searchgurbani.com]

...i've worked out that it is unicode and it is 'raavi'. when i try to turn it into a gurmukhee font in word it won't do anything. is there any software which allows you to turn raavi unicode back into bog standard gurmukhee fonts?

i am trying to google this at the moment to get an answer but no luck so far.

dhanvaad.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: January 18, 2008 10:16AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Kulbir Singh jio,

Further to previous post. Click the following [guca.sourceforge.net] then download GUCA 1.3. Make sure to tell Active X control bar to Download this file. Next download window will pop up choose SAVE then save it your desktop (or where ever you want in hard drive). After download you will see this is ZIP folder. Now create a new folder on desktop and name it GURMUKHI to UNICODE (this is where you gonna exract the Zip folder you downloaded). Now double click the ZiP folder the unzipper program (generally WinZIp if you have) will ask you where to Unzip then choose the folder you created on Desktop. Once extraction is done. Open up the folder and look for capitol black color letter G, double click this now the converter window will open up and ready for converstions. Generally this is what we do, we type in Gurbani lipi or Anmol lipi in word. Then copy and paste it to the upper window of convertor and click convert and its all done. Here is the thing to remember when converter window is opened click Tools then Options then select Mappings tab and here you can choose from what lipi to Unicode you like to make. Once that selection is made that stays there until you change again.

Sounds like lenghty but actually it is easy. ਭਲਾ ਹੋਵੇ ਸੁਖਜਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੱਧੂ ਦਾ. If you find any difficulties plaese let us know we can send secreen shots seperatly.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: February 22, 2008 11:07AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

posted the below in another thread but thought it worth posting here as it is relevant regarding unicode:

i have begun to notice that even using GUCA to convert traditional gurmukhee fonts to unicode, unicode is technically unable to 'translate' gurmukhee fonts correctly in many cases. take the word ਖੋਲ੍‍ਓ. it should have a siharee before the lalla but neither will unicode let you write it as such and neither will it let you convert the word to unicode, via GUCA, when you have written it using traditional gurmukhee fonts.

this is something for us to keep in mind when using unicode on the www to display gurbaaNee. displaying gurbaaNee incorrectly is obviously not desirable.

the problem is that it seeems unicode is often unable to display combinations of additional characters around alphabets. i'd previously noticed that you couldn't write a kanna after ਅ but at least you could write it as such using a traditional gurmukhee font and then convert to unicode via GUCA, thereby displaying it as such (this is how i managed to write my name/signature whcich appears at the very bottom of this post).

this suggests that unicode gurmukhee is definitely more geared around displaying modern-day panjabee as opposed to 'archaic panjabee' i.e. gurbaaNee, which feature lots of pairee, overhead and additonal 'left' and 'right' characters in various combinations. the following link provides more of an insight and confirms these problems:

[guca.sourceforge.net]

this is a shame really - i will try and communicate with those who work on 'unicode gurmukhee' to see if this can be resolved in the future although i imagine that wouldn't be a simple thing.

in that case, unicode may remain flawed when displaying gurbaaNee. that would be a major missed opportunity.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: February 22, 2008 04:27PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Atma Singh jio,

If you noticed we became addicted to GUCA and we never had such a trouble while conversion. The only trouble we faced is some time when we convert from Gurbanilipi fonts when typed in MS word and convert them then many times the numericals did not change to Gurmukhi but if we copy gurmukhi from web pages and do conversion then no problem at all. For us it is working so far. We do not know why that happned in your case. If you could let us know what shabad is that which has this ਖੋਲ੍‍ਓ word problem during conversion then we can try at our end to see if same problem shows up.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ki Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib