ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

nihungs and psychotropic drugs
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 02:03AM

most of the people when they hear about nihungs, phurrnas of cannibies, opium automatically enter the mind. I have done some research about this and here are my observations:
In the last 300 odd years, army of nihungs has been affected by lots of forces/factors, the ones i could find out were :
1. the area where they were posted by their jathedaar or the area where they stayed for considerable time.
2. new delhi government
3. bamann
4. maharashtrian hindu
all the above has affected their jeevan, their physical rehits, their panthic love and their participation in panthic struggles.
i think I will classify the nihungs into :
1. Saintly akaali nihungs( they either take no psychotropic drug or take VERY LITTLE opium)
2. Bir rassi akaali nihungs( they love opium)
3. akaali nihungs( they are mad about opium)
4. nihungs ( they are mad about opium but also take bhang, bhang is mainly taken
by nihungs outside punjab, nanded side)
5. neither nihungs nor nangs ( the are mad about opium and bhang)
6. nangs( they can take anything, no trust on them)

cannibies(bhang, ganja,charas) and opium(afeem, heroin-its a highly processsed form and a recent invention) are very different.
I did some reading and felt that Opium is a MUCH BETTER(LESS HARMFUL) psycotropic drug than cannibies. Cannibies is very bad. Bhang is not that good and ganja, charas are not that far behind tobacco. Tobacco is Hell,barbaadi, jagat-jooth,tobacco is the worst thing on the planet.

Re: nihungs and psychotropic drugs
Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 05:26AM

Harinder Singh,

Bhang, 5 leaves (unprocessed) is part of Nihang Daal tradition of Shaheedi Degh, which is still prepared in the holy vicinity of Anandpur Sahib to this day on Holla Mohalla.

Of course their are some Nihangs who do not abide by this maryada and are therefore not breaking maryada.

Today people take a whole number of processed drugs in limited quantities for a number of reasons, all accepted by Sikhs.

In the days when daily injury and pain were a reality, bhang (in it's limited presciption as per maryada) served an important pharmaceutical purpose.

We should not judge an age old tradition, which if adhered to correctly causes no harm, based on a few over indulgent actions of some.

Even though bhang may be haraam for most of us (as instructed by our Panj Pyare) we need to learn tolerance for and try and understand the roots of traditions which out-date our modern thought process. There always has been and will be diversity in Sikhi.

In case someone decides to quote Bhagat Kabir Ji, his bani is refering to the over indulgence (which we have covered) of the rich merchants in Benares.

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 07:46AM

drugs are kurehit, thats it, done.lol

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 08:39AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harcharan Singh jio,

Quote "In case someone decides to quote Bhagat Kabir Ji, his bani is refering to the over indulgence (which we have covered) of the rich merchants in Benares."

That is the problem with snatanists that all their rituals plus bhang, jhatka and many other practices which are strongly anti-Gurmat and strictly prohibted by Guru Sahib (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee) they always justify their practices saying these prohibitions by Guru Sahib are refering to Brahamans, rich merchants of Banaras and so and so forth but Singh jio please pay attention to these bachans of GURU SAHIB

ਪਰਥਾਇ ਸਾਖੀ ਮਹਾ ਪੁਰਖ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਸਾਝੀ ਸਗਲ ਜਹਾਨੈ ॥ Panna 647

Which clealy states to whatever anti-Gurmat practice/prohibtion or story Guru Sahib refered to that is common for all of means regardless of Brahmin, nihung, khalsa, Singh, kaur, Muslim, Hindu. And see the next beautiful tuk

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਭਉ ਕਰੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥

Which clealy indicates the Gursikh should respect or fear those whatever said by Guru sahib. Having said that now this sakhi or anti-gurmat practice mentioned in following Bachanas of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is common for all of us:

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥ Panna 1377

Kabeer, those mortals who consume bhang (intoxicating hemp), fish and wine
- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Now in wake of Gurbani should we listen to your bhang stuff explanations/excuses or Should we listen to Guru Sahib who clearly prohibit this practice and not only they prohibit they say that person will go to hell.

PS: We do not think there is any difference in between ਮਾਛੁਲੀ (fish), ਬੱਕਰਾ (goat), ਕੁੱਕੜ (chicken), ਗਾਂ (cow) cooked in any manner.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: April 10, 2008 08:53AM

very informatative post.THANKS pyare veer jeeeooooooooo. I love you.

<< In the days when daily injury and pain were a reality, bhang (in it's limited presciption as per maryada) served an important pharmaceutical purpose. >>

veer jeoo, isnt opium a pain killer ?? or is bhang a better one???.
I met 2 nihungs recently(I am their SLAVE, their pet dog, I had a feeling of decent shaheedi pehra on them,they were wearing puratan shastars of puratan Sarbloh jee ), they were very much against bhang but ate opium like once a week. Their shaheedi degh WAS SOLID. And they also made a drink( i dont know what they called it), it was HIGLY RICH protein(almonds, sugar, ilaichi), it dint have opium and cannibies and I drank it and it tasted GREAT.
Nihungs are a SPECIAL ARMY of DUSTDAMAN.
NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS.

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 09:43AM

I am not going to get into a discussion about meat. Bhagat Kabir Ji’s bani clearly states macchli, which refers to the dietary habits of the area where he spent most of his life. The rest is your or your jathaas interpretation, so no point continuing – it will be fruitless.

Like I said, everyone here takes drugs, just because they are manifested as pills, doesn’t take the fact away. If you had enough pills you would feel the intoxicating affects of many drugs.

The issue is nashaa, the size of the bataa the degh is prepared in and the affect of 5 pathai is minimal, note I am not advocating nashaa, the 5 pathai maryada exists for a reason.

In any case it’s no big deal, it’s a free world. The Dal Khalsa have and still do practice their traditions in the holiest of places i.e. Anandpur and Hazur Sahib, both jatka, which give exposure to death, blood, guts etc to keep them familiar with war, and shaheedi degh already discussed, Panth is free to partake or not as they always have been.

The non-bhang version is called Shardai by the way. Many respected Gursikh like Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji partook in shardai rather than degh, this was their prerogative, and more Sant inclined traditions do stay meat/drug free. But Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji never criticised Nihang traditions as many people openly do today.

We need to live in harmony and tolerance with our brothers.

Posted by: khalsawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 10:54AM

Look at the injustice here!!!
If a bibi commits a bujjar kurehit (removal of facial kes due to her personal embaresment of others, bhai sahib ji above would not allow her to to pesh.)
however he has deep respect for nihangs who do blatent bujjar kurehits of intoxicants for their own satisfaction.

where is the equality in this? guru sahib knows all, he knows which of his sikhs do nafrat and davet (discrimantion) and then all of a sudden decide to ignore other maha paaps.

wahegurooooo!!!! i am shocked a respected gursikh like the above could do this, either ignore everyones maha paap( dekh ke andit keetha) or if ur dasam duar is open or atleast at the avastha of reading into others minds, then pls treat everyone equally if you want to punish manmukhs.

bhul chuk maaf ji

Date: April 10, 2008 09:05PM

<< he has deep respect for nihangs who do blatent bujjar kurehits of intoxicants for their own satisfaction. >>
tobacco(or even cannibies) is bajjar kurehit. i dont think opium is bajjar. I dont just respect nihungs, I am a SLAVE of nihungs who keep good rehit and do good gurbani abhiyaas and have not been polluted by bamman matt.

<< wahegurooooo!!!! i am shocked a respected gursikh like the above could do this, either ignore everyones maha paap( dekh ke andit keetha) or if ur dasam duar is open or atleast at the avastha of reading into others minds, then pls treat everyone equally if you want to punish manmukhs. >>>

haha, I dont even consider myself worthy of becoming a sikh. Its the TARAS of Dashmesh Pita Jee that I have kakkaars on my body. So mere pyare sweet veer jeeo, dont call me a respected gursikh and then bash me, hahahaha.

Date: April 11, 2008 01:55AM

<< Look at the injustice here!!!
If a bibi commits a bujjar kurehit (removal of facial kes due to her personal embaresment of others, bhai sahib ji above would not allow her to to pesh.)
however he has deep respect for nihangs who do blatent bujjar kurehits of intoxicants for their own satisfaction. >>

first of all, who am i to allow someone to get pesh or not. Its a moderated forum where ANYONE who has the money to access net can try to post and express opinions and thats what i do/did. people on this forum are either from gursikh family or are in continuous sangat of gursikhs, have read books of bhai sahib and many other books. I have read nuthing much,lol. I belong to a punjabi background who got amrit chakk 2 years back and i mostly prefer to stay alone and i just read gurbani and internet.I also live in a society/country where to live the life of gursikh is very tough and i sometimes feel lonely too.
I feel its unfair for u to first elevate me to the level of a RESPECTED GURSIKH, haha and then bash me. Did I give anyone in writing that i am gursikh, saint, brahamgyani. Yes i claim to be a baba and thats because of my bana and how people treat it,hahaha jokes.

<< if ur dasam duar is open or atleast at the avastha of reading into others minds, then pls treat everyone equally if you want to punish manmukhs.>>

I dont use ridhi sidhi and read into people's mind. Infact when I got pesh(i was very bholla,not moorakh). Some people of my jatha used cleverness, ridhi sidhi with me, just to find who i am and how much is my avashtha.
I hate ridhi sidhis. Naam drirh is powerful, tat gurmat of the beginner of jatha where i got pesh is also powerful but whenever i meet amritdharis/nihungs outside the jatha, i consider them to be my brothers and i dont use cleverness or ridhi sidhis with them. I consider amritdharis to be my brothers and there is no 'appna' jathe da banda thing in me.
khalsawannabe, u are like a dear young brother of mine, i dont know why u are trying to PINCH me bhaiiiii.
Nihungs(the good ones, not the bamman ones or the goi agents) are our brothers. even if u dont agree with some of the things they do, do appreciate the positive things in them. They are created by Dashmesh Pita(Dusthdaman) for a special reason and u will find out about that reason in the very near future.
akaali= bir rass
akaali nihung=brutal bir rass
nihung= annihilation of the people who order,plan,support the attack on the house of Akaal Purakh and also hit bullets on Sachkhand.

Date: April 11, 2008 08:05AM

forgive me harinder singh jee, but i just didnt feel it was fair to be fine with one bujjar kurehit compared to another.
but yes u are correct that they have positives, nihangs offer great warrior skills for us to learn.

i think you are a respected gursikh, but only satguru truly knows...

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2008 09:28AM

Singh Ji, Nihangs are not some special seperate group made by Guroo Ji to be warriors of the panth, that defeats the idea of the WHOLE panth being Soldiers. These "nihangs" were no where to be seen protecting Akal Takhts, the true nihangs were the freedom fighter Singhs. Don't let them fool you, Guroo Ji didn't make seperate groups within Sikhi to carry out different functions, the whole point of Sikhi is that each of us embodies ALL aspects, soldierly, saintly, scholarly, etc.

Date: April 11, 2008 10:11AM

<< if you want to punish manmukhs>>>
i think by manmukhs u meant some bibi, hahaha, u are really sweet and cute.

Only Satguru jee has the right to punish. Now, He can use u, me or a third person, its His mauj. Yes, i certainly dislike amritdharis who misuse Gurughar(sleep around for years without getting pesh), and I have dislike for amritdharis who use gurughar for maya irrespective of whether they are sarblohi, jyot vigassi, ridhi-sidhi whatever.For me avastha is secondary, I value things like innocence,honesty, BRAVERY.
Sab te vadda SATGUR NANAK

Date: April 11, 2008 02:20PM

harinder singh ji, pls email me at khalsawannabe@hotmail.com

i have a few questions for you

Date: April 11, 2008 09:27PM

<< the true nihangs were the freedom fighter Singhs. >>>
True. Dhan Dhan Akaali Jarnail Singh Bhindrawaale Jee.

<<Don't let them fool you,>>
i do act foolish lots of time and i dont think i am that big a fool yet.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 12:12PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

'singhstah' is very right.

The true tyar bur tyar NIHUNGS of 20th Century who were the FIRST ONES when Guru Sahib called and Panth needed them.

http://www.khalsaspirit.com/images/BhaiFaujaSinghJee.JPG
BHAI SAHIB BHAI FAUJA SINGH JEE the true Saint Soldier who on the occasion of Vaisakhi in 1978 when all panth was gathered in Sri Amritsar Sahib and fake Nirankaris was doing disrespect of Akaali jot Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee in the streets of Sri Amritsar Sahib at that time only this SINGH with other companions of Guru Sahib's army who stood fast as a true Nihung.

http://www.khalsaspirit.com/images/BhaiMehgaSinghJee.JPG
BHAI SAHIB BHAI MEHNGA SINGH JEE the true Saint Soldier who on the occasion of martyrdom day of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee in June of 1984 when the supreme sacred place of this planet was attacked by the Butchers of Delhi and then during the fight back to those butchers this was the Singh of Guru Sahib's army who became the first Shaheed of so called 1984 BLUE STAR OPERATION and stood fast as a true Nihung.

SO, NO BHANG, NO AFEEM, NO JHATKA just Naam da Khanda. We think who call or wanted to call themselve a Nihung should learn from the JEEVAN and sacrifices of above SINGHS and many others who followed.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: April 12, 2008 10:56PM

I wont call Bhai Fauja Singh Jee a NIHUNG. He was a
Saint Akaali Nihung Baba Fauja Singh Jeee.

Dhan Dhan Brahamgyani(1000000008) Akaali Nihung Baba Mitt Singh Jee
Dhan Dhan Baba Mitt Singh jee and Banda Singh Bahadur
Dhan Dhan Baba Deep Singh jee and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee.

Karte ke gatt karta jaanai KAI jaanai GUR SOORAAAAAA

Date: April 13, 2008 01:45AM

<< SO, NO BHANG, NO AFEEM, NO JHATKA just Naam da Khanda. We think who call or wanted to call themselve a Nihung should learn from the JEEVAN and sacrifices of above SINGHS and many others who followed. >>>.

I agree with my pyara and extremely knowledable khalsaspirit veer 120%.
U have written IDEAL CASE SCENARIO.
But if there is a singh like Akali Kaor Singh Jee who was ordered meat by Punj(who are the supreme authority on earth if they are chosen by ASLI guru roop sadhsangat)
we shud love such people. There were many many people who dint believe in keski kakkaar(taksali brothers like pyare baba manochahal jeee) or took opium too(some nihung brothers) and sacrificed their ALL for the panth in the 80's(their families got destroyed), we shud LOVE such people.They are our BROTHERS.
Shahaadat ton vaddi koi cheez nahin.

Date: April 13, 2008 05:58AM

baba harinder singh, do you love all?

anyway email me at khalsawannabe@hotmail.com incase u missed my post!

i need some important info

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 02:57AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

i am pretty sure i read that akalee bhiai kaur singh jee stopped eating meat. i think bhai sahib raNdheer singh wrote this somewhere.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: April 15, 2008 12:08AM

<< i am pretty sure i read that akalee bhiai kaur singh jee stopped eating meat. i think bhai sahib raNdheer singh wrote this somewhere>>>

yep but he had a pretty decent avashta before meeting dhan dhan dhan Bhai SAhib Randhir Singh jeee.
Eating meat is Bajjar but SATGURU JEE DA KHEL SATGURU HEE JANDE NEEE

Karte ke gatt karta jaanai KAI jaanai GUR SOORAAAAAA

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib