ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਜਨਕਾਆਪਿਸਹਾਈਹੋਆਨਿੰਦਕਭਾਗੇਹਾਰਿ॥
ਭ੍ਰਮਤਭ੍ਰਮਤਊਹਾਂਹੀਮੂਏਬਾਹੁੜਿਗ੍ਰਿਹਿਨਮੰਝਾਰਿ॥੧॥
ਨਾਨਕਸਰਣਿਪਰਿਓਦੁਖਭੰਜਨਗੁਨਗਾਵੈਸਦਾਅਪਾਰਿ॥
ਨਿੰਦਕਕਾਮੁਖੁਕਾਲਾਹੋਆਦੀਨਦੁਨੀਆਕੈਦਰਬਾਰਿ॥੨॥੧੫॥
(ਅੰਗ: ੬੭੪)

DHANAASAREE FIFTH MEHL
The Lord saves His Saints.
One who wishes misfortune upon the Lord’s slaves shall be destroyed by the Lord eventually.
|| 1 ||
Pause || He Himself is the help and support of His humble servants;
He defeats the slanderers and chases them away.
Wandering around aimlessly they die out there;
they never return to their homes again.
|| 1 ||
Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Destroyer of pain;
he sings the Glorious Praises of the infinite Lord forever.
The faces of the slanderers are blackened in the courts of this world and the world beyond.

source: [www.panthkhalsa.org]
-------------------------------

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

my limited understanding re: today's hukamnama sahib, in terms of pad-ched and bishraams, is as follows:

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫॥
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਲੀਨੇ ਸੰਤ ਉਬਾਰਿ॥
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਚਿਤਵੈ ਬੁਰਿਆਈ ; ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕਉ ਫਿਰਿ ਮਾਰਿ॥੧॥
ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਜਨ ਕਾ ਆਪਿ ਸਹਾਈ ਹੋਆ ; ਨਿੰਦਕ ਭਾਗੇ ਹਾਰਿ॥
ਭ੍ਰਮਤ ਭ੍ਰਮਤ ਊਹਾਂ ਹੀ ਮੂਏ ; ਬਾਹੁੜਿ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਨ ਮੰਝਾਰਿ॥੧॥
ਨਾਨਕ , ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨ ; ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ਸਦਾ ਅਪਾਰਿ॥
ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਕਾਲਾ ਹੋਆ ; ਦੀਨ ਦੁਨੀਆ , ਕੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ॥੨॥੧੫॥

Q's:

> 4th panktee: should ਭ੍ਰਮਤ be pronounced as ਭਰਮਤ and if so, why? i tried looking up both words via mahan kosh (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary)but couldn't find entries.

> how would others do bishraams (in the last panktee, i feel like doing bishraam after ਦੁਨੀਆ) and perhaps there is even alternative pad-ched possible here...?

note: i have used a semi colon (;) for a bishraam/full pause and comma (,) for a half-bishraam i.e. slight pause, which i think is called a jhamkee but i am not 100% sure.

> ਦੀਨ and ਕੈ have many meanings:

ਦੀਨ: ਦਿੱਤਾ. ਦਿੱਤੀ. "ਦੀਨ ਗਰੀਬੀ ਆਪਨੀ". (ਸ. ਕਬੀਰ)। (2) ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਨੇ "ਦਾਤਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ" ਦਾ ਆਦਿ ਅਤੇ ਅੰਤ ਦਾ ਅੱਖਰ ਲੈਕੇ ਭਾਵਅਰਥ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ- "ਦਦੇ ਦਾਤਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਕਕੇ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਈ, ਸੋ ਦੀਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਰਣਾਈ". ੩. ਸੰ. ਵਿ- ਦਰਿਦ੍ਰ. ਗ਼ਰੀਬ. "ਦੀਨਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨ ਦਯਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ". (ਸਹਸ ਮ: ੫)। (4) ਕਮਜ਼ੋਰ. "ਭਾਵਨਾ ਯਕੀਨ ਦੀਨ". (ਅਕਾਲ)। (5) ਅਨਾਥ. "ਦੀਨ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਆਇਓ ਠਾਕੁਰ". (ਦੇਵ ਮ: ੫)। (6) ਸੰ. ਦੈਨ੍ਯ. {ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ}. ਦੀਨਤਾ. "ਦੂਖ ਦੀਨ ਨ ਭਉ ਬਿਆਪੈ". (ਮਾਰੂ ਮ: ੫)। (7) ਅ਼. __ ਧਰਮ. ਮਜਹਬ. "ਦੀਨ ਬਿਸਾਰਿਓ ਰੇ ਦਿਵਾਨੇ". (ਮਾਰੂ ਕਬੀਰ)। (8) ਪਰਲੋਕ. "ਦੀਨ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਏਕ ਤੂਹੀ". (ਤਿਲੰ ਮ: ੫).

ਕੈ: ਸਰਵ- ਕਿਤਨੇ. ਕਈ. "ਕੈ ਲੋਅ ਖਪਿ ਮਰੀਜਈ". (ਵਾਰ ਮਲਾ ਮ: ੧)। (2) ਕਿਸ. "ਹਉ ਕੈ ਦਰਿ ਪੂਛਉ ਜਾਇ?" (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮ: ੩) "ਕੈ ਸਿਉ ਕਰੀ ਪੁਕਾਰ?" (ਧਨਾ ਮ: ੧)। (3) ਵ੍ਯ- ਅਥਵਾ. ਜਾਂ. "ਕਰਤੇ ਕੀ ਮਿਤਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਜਾਣੈ, ਕੈ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੂਰਾ". (ਓਅੰਕਾਰ) "ਕੈ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਸਾਧੁ ਕੀ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇ". (ਸ. ਕਬੀਰ)। (4) ਕਾ. ਕੇ. "ਪਹਿਲੇ ਪਹਿਰੈ ਰੈਣ ਕੈ ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾ". (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮ: ੧. ਪਹਿਰੇ)। (5) ਕਰਕੇ. ਕ੍ਰਿਤ੍ਵਾ. "ਕੈ ਪ੍ਰਦੱਖਨਾ ਕਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਮ". (ਗੁਪ੍ਰਸੂ) "ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਥੰਭ ਤੇ ਨਿਕਸੇ ਕੈ ਬਿਸਥਾਰ". (ਬਸੰ ਕਬੀਰ)। (6) ਸੇ. ਤੋਂ "ਮਦ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ਅੰਧ". (ਸ. ਮ: ੯) "ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰ ਜੋਨਿ ਕੈ ਅਜੋਨਿ ਭਏ". (ਭਾਗੁ ਕ)। (7) ਦੇਖੋ, ਕ਼ਯ.

veer kulbir singh, which meanings would you go for and for what reason. at first i thought that ਕੈ meant 'and'...

i also think that perhaps ਦੀਨ could refer to the nindak being impoverished here and impoverished hereafter i.e. naam/dharam/kirpa-heen...

what are your thoughts?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ / Hukamnama Sahib - 11/4/08
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 02:53AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

ਵੀਰ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ,

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2008 02:51AM

bump

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2008 01:04PM

-------
4th panktee: should ਭ੍ਰਮਤ be pronounced as ਭਰਮਤ and if so, why? i tried looking up both words via mahan kosh (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary)but couldn't find entries.
--------

The word ਭ੍ਰਮਤ should be pronounced with 'raara' in the feet of Bhabha and not as ਭਰਮਤ .

-------
> how would others do bishraams (in the last panktee, i feel like doing bishraam after ਦੁਨੀਆ) and perhaps there is even alternative pad-ched possible here...?
--------

ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਕਾਲਾ ਹੋਆ ; ਦੀਨ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਕੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ॥੨॥੧੫॥

There is no need for a jamkee after ਦੁਨੀਆ since the word ਕੈ here means de or ke and not 'and'. Deen is an Arabic word that predominently means religion but over here it means the next world. The meanings are clear. The face of a slanderer gets blackened in the darbaar of this world and the next world.

Deen is also an Indian word and it means poor or gharib person.

-------
veer kulbir singh, which meanings would you go for and for what reason. at first i thought that ਕੈ meant 'and'...
--------

The word ਕੈ here does not means 'and' but means 'ke' or 'de'. If we derive the meaning of ਕੈ as 'and' then the pankiti will mean nothing. The sihaari at the end of ਦਰਬਾਰਿ means 'vich' or inside. The meaning is the duniya de darbar vich and deen (next world) de darbar vich.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib