ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

is it ok for one group of sikhs to judge other sikhs
Posted by: mandeep (IP Logged)
Date: April 21, 2008 02:00PM

when a sikh claims oh these people arn't sikhs is that right or is that wrong?

or when one sikh says oh cause he eats meat or he cut his hair he is no longer sikh and we won't shake his hands is that ok

I have deep respect for gursikhs who refuse to judge others and look at others as brothers and sisters regardless of how they live their life, but a very small minority do judge, why is it they judge?

and then if you agree to judge others is it ok to say sikhs ever had an empire considering maharaja ranjit singh use to drink alchole, or hari singh nalwa gained his name from being a hunter, kartar singh udham singh and bhagat singh(who was an athiest) should these same sikhs who judge others stop talking about these men as great freedom fighters and find freedom fighters that do fit what they like to define as a sikh.

Its just sikhs who judge other sikhs divide the community, instead it angers the other sikhs and makes them want to turn their backs on sikhi and the gurdwaras.

Re: is it ok for one group of sikhs to judge other sikhs
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: April 21, 2008 08:38PM

mandeep nu ajj kal koi milda nahi peya ........3-4 topic chhad te forum te pange paun nu............hehe ........

Posted by: skaur (IP Logged)
Date: April 21, 2008 11:23PM

I feel that only GuruSahib Ji can judge us. One may keep his or her rehit on the outside, but be so evil on the inside...on the other hand, another person may not fully keep his or her outwsrd rehit, but may be such a better perso in GuruSahibJi's eyes.

I know that many of you will want to say that if you don't keep ur rehit, you're not a Sikh. But what is a SIkh? A learner....a disciple, a student of the Guru. Students are never perfect. We are always learning. So who can say that one student is more perfect or better than another student? The Guru gives tests, the Guru judges who we are, and what we do.

I feel that by judging others and complaining about what certain ppl are doing or not doing, we are wasting our lives away!

My motto: Live and let live. GuruSahibJi's taking care of it all anyway...whatever someone is doing/not doing is in His bhaanaa, so why do we need to worry whether a certain person falls under the category of a "Sikh" or not? That's for GuruSahib to decide.

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2008 03:32AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guru Gobind Singh ji started KHALSA Panth, which is distinct from other folds.
Appearance of Khalsa is different, behaviour and conduct is also very distinguished.

Khalsa follows Guru Sahib jeeo' Hukum, the Sikh Rehat Maryada. This inturn facilitates his excellance and Charhdikalaa as a Saint-Soldier. Those who follow Guru Sahib jeeo's Hukum become "Pure"- Supreme human being.

So how can one equate Saadh with Asaadh, Sant with Asant, Khalas with Nakhalas.

If one believes that all are equal than go and marry a character less person or a prostitute !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2008 06:31AM

Singhbj Ji,

So are you a Saadh or Asaadh?

Who is Dasam Patshah refering to when he is calling Pathan Farid's sangat his Khalsa in one of his his hukumnamai (4/11/1700)?

Their is a difference between Kesh/amritdhari and sehajdhari - both are Sikhs. If you are so interested in definitions, why don't you try looking at 18th c rehitnamai.

Nowhere does it say that we should treat Sehajdhari with contempt, quite the opposite, we should be more welcoming and understanding towards them and through our actions and love, influence them to take Khande de Pahul.

Posted by: ... (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2008 09:48AM

Quote:
skaur
I know that many of you will want to say that if you don't keep ur rehit, you're not a Sikh. But what is a SIkh? A learner....a disciple, a student of the Guru.
rehat bina nahi sikh kahavae!!
there are minimum requirements, without which we cannot be called sikhs of Guru Maharaaj.

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 07:34AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harcharan Singh ji,

Please read Guru Sahib jeeo's teaching regarding ਸੰਤੁ and ਅਸੰਤੁ, and how should a Sikh react !

ਰਾਗੁ ਗੋਂਡ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤਾ ਕੀ ॥

Raag Gond, The Word Of The Devotees.

ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਘਰੁ ੧

Kabeer Jee, First House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਕਿਛੁ ਸੁਨੀਐ ਕਹੀਐ ॥

When you meet a Saint, talk to him and listen.

ਮਿਲੈ ਅਸੰਤੁ ਮਸਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਰਹੀਐ ॥੧॥

Meeting with an unsaintly person, just remain silent. ||1||

ਬਾਬਾ ਬੋਲਨਾ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ॥

O father, if I speak, what words should I utter?

ਜੈਸੇ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Speak such words, by which you may remain absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਸੰਤਨ ਸਿਉ ਬੋਲੇ ਉਪਕਾਰੀ ॥

Speaking with the Saints, one becomes generous.

ਮੂਰਖ ਸਿਉ ਬੋਲੇ ਝਖ ਮਾਰੀ ॥੨॥

To speak with a fool is to babble uselessly. ||2||

ਬੋਲਤ ਬੋਲਤ ਬਢਹਿ ਬਿਕਾਰਾ ॥

By speaking and only speaking, corruption only increases.

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੋਲੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੩॥

If I do not speak, what can the poor wretch do? ||3||

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਛੂਛਾ ਘਟੁ ਬੋਲੈ ॥

Says Kabeer, the empty pitcher makes noise,

ਭਰਿਆ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਕਬਹੁ ਨ ਡੋਲੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

but that which is full makes no sound. ||4||1||

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib