ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Sifat Salah based on 1st 4 pauris of Siri Jap jee Sahib
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2007 08:28AM

Based on Gurbani, here are few of the qualities of Sacha Paatshah Vaheguru:

1) He is only one.

2) He is in everything.

3) He is sat i.e. eternal.

4) He is Naam Roop i.e. he is Naam.

5) He is doer i.e. Karta.

6) He is in control of everything i.e Purakh.

7) He is without fear.

8) He is without enmity.

9) He is timeless

10) He has a moorat. Though he is formless but still he has a moorat that you can see and feel. This moorat is not of five elements but beyond these elements.

11) He does not take birth. He does not come in the womb of mother.

12) He is full of light and this light has been created by him, on his own, not borrowed from anywhere.

13) He is attained through the true Guru.

14) Before everything he was there.

15) Before the beginning of this creation or juggs, he was there.

16) He exists now too.

17) He will always be there in the future.

18) He is not obtained through different ways like meditations of mind, staying silent, staying hungry i.e. fasting, by intelligence. He is attained if one stays in his hukam i.e. will. Through his hukam (will) all the creation came into being and this hukam of his cannot be defined. All creatures came into being through his hukam and through his hukam these creatures get dignified. Through his hukam there are good and bad and as a result of this goodness and badness, these creatures (under his hukam) go to the next world with these good or bad karma recorded in their being. One some creatures he through his hukam casts his divine grace and on others through his hukam alone, he forever lets them wander. Everything is in his hukam and nothing is out of his control. Whoever recognises his hukam, then does not speak speech stained with ego.

19) People sing his praises remembering his different qualities like his nearness, his far-ness, his strength, his gifts, his beautiful qualities, his divine knowledge, his power to create and destroy beings. They praise his qualities but they discover that they cannot fathom his greatness nor reach the end of his praises and qualities. Millions and billions of them have does this but have failed in fully praising him. He keeps showering his creatures with gifts and so much does he give that the beings receiving the gifts get tired of receiving them. They get so much from Vaheguru that they consume these gifts for ages and ages without being able to exhaust them fully. That Hukami Vaheguru, through his hukam does all the work of this world. He the oblivious one always stays in full bliss.

20) He is the true master; his Naam is true; the language he speaks is of love, and he is beyond comprehension. They (the beings) say his praises, and then ask for gifts from him and he grants them their wishes of gifts. So great is he, therefore, what is it that we should present to him so that he may let us have a vision of his great darbaar (court). What is it that we should speak from our mouth, so that hearing it he may get pleased and give us his love i.e. loves us. Guru Sahib in response to these questions says that we should do the praise and pondering of his true Naam at amritvela (ambrosial hours). Through his grace one gets the cloth of honour and through his grace alone one gets released from this cycle of birth, death and rebirth. Guru Sahib says that this is how one becomes truthful.

The above was just four pauris of Siri Jap jee Sahib. One may go on and on. Gurbani is full of praises of Vaheguru and when someone asks us how Vaheguru is, we cannot just say, go read Mool Mantra. Vaheguru is beyond our comprehension alright but despite this fact, Guru Sahib has given us multitude of information on Vaheguru. Just Jaap Sahib alone has hundreds of qualities of Vaheguru and not to mention Akal Ustat that is an ocean of Vaheguru jees praises. Siri Sukhmani Sahib is full of his praises.

Some of the other qualities of Vaheguru are:

1) He is without death.

2) No one needs to feed him or can feed him.

3) He does not have a vision that can be realized by the eyes made of five elements.

4) He is so beautiful that there is no example in this world to equate him to.

5) He cannot be broken i.e. he is not brittle.

6) He does not have to do any Karma i.e. he is not bound by Karma.

7) He is not bound by any duty.

8) He does not have any roop i.e. worldly darshan but his darshan can be seen in everyone.

9) He is king of kings.

10) He is very merciful.

11) He is forever forgiving.

12) He is meticulous

13) He is very diligent.

14) He is perfect.

15) He is very detail-oriented.

16) He is true judge. He does only justice.

17) He is truthful.

18) He does not listen to chugal (gossippers) and get affected by them.

19) He always watches us.

20) He is always near us.

21) He resides right in our hearts.

22) He always comes to our aid, if we call him out.

23) He is a sweet talker.

24) He does not even know how to talk rudely.

25) He is sun of suns i.e. all suns take light from him.

26) He is moon of moons i.e. all moons ultimately take light from him.

27) He is Rog-Rogay i.e. disease of diseases i.e. destroyer of diseases.

28) He is Bhog-Bhogay i.e. he is the one who does bhog sitting in everyone.

29) He is the real music behind all kind of music.

30) His Shabad protects his devotees.

Much more can be written. All we have to do is just look at any shabad of Gurbani. All Gurbani is full of his praises. More Gurbani we read, more love we get for him. He is the master of masters and doer of doers. Everything is in his control. He alone can kill or save. Therefore, there is no need to fear anyone else. He alone is the doer. May we always stay in his divine will and may be always japp his Naam. May we get his love and may we love him more than anything else. May his Naam get absorbed in every cell of our body and may we realise him who is merged in every cell of our body. May we become worthy of using his divine power and may we get out of this inferiority complex we have that Maaiya is strong. Nothing in this world is strong. Singhs can do whatever they want but they forever stay in his will.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Re: Sifat Salah based on 1st 4 pauris of Siri Jap jee Sahib
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2007 08:45AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh,

"Much more can be written. All we have to do is just look at any shabad of Gurbani. All Gurbani is full of his praises. More Gurbani we read, more love we get for him."

Bhai Kulbir Singh jio,

c`kI c`lo, ik`lI d`bI r`Ko

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Ghetto Baba (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2007 03:24AM

I wanted to ask yh, it says:

He is not obtained through different ways like meditations of mind, staying silent, staying hungry i.e. fasting, by intelligence.

what does it mean by that? like mediations of the mind? etc?

may we get out of this inferiority complex we have that Maaiya is strong.?

what does that mean?

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2007 06:29AM

-----------
He is not obtained through different ways like meditations of mind, staying silent, staying hungry i.e. fasting, by intelligence.

what does it mean by that? like mediations of the mind? etc?
-----------

Meditations involving mind are all meditations other than Gurmat mediation or Bhagti that involves chanting and reciting the Satnaam (True Naam). There are meditations suggested by Yogis, Buddhists, Jainis, etc but such meditations or Sochs cannot help in achieving Vaheguru.

Sochai, Soch na hovai, je Sochee Lakh vaar||

Sochai means by thinking or trying to imagine or by doing mediations involving mind, one cannot achieve the soch or Tasavvur or image of Vaheguru, even if one were to do such mediations countless times.

Some scholars have interpreted this word Sochai as cleaning the body but these meanings would have been okay if the word Soch did not have sihaari in the end. Where Soch means cleaning, it comes without sihaari as in the following pankiti from Siri Sukhmani Sahib:

Soch Karai dinas aur raat||
Mann kee Mail na tann te jaat||

-------------
may we get out of this inferiority complex we have that Maaiya is strong.?

what does that mean?
-----------

Dekhat Singh Charavat Gaayee

The lion mind is serving the cow roopi senses. Shiv has accepted defeat in front of Shakti. Jeev is the son of God and in the eyes of Vaheguru, Jeev comes before Maya but in this world the Jeev has got smitten and enchanted by Maya to this extent that he thinks of Maya to be stronger than him. The diseases, sadness and other negative things happen when we get away from Guru Sahib and come closer to Maya. If the Jeev starts believe (really starts believing) that he is a child of Vaheguru and ceases to be afraid of Maya, then there is nothing that he cannot do.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib