ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Vaaheguroo has written our life, so why live it?
Posted by: Hau Apraadhi (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 02:11PM

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh Khaalsaa Jeeo!

This has become quite a big issue with me and some of the sangat that I hang around with. It's a very big question in my opinion:

If Vaaheguroo has written our life already, then why do we have to live it when HE already knows EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN in the next second, he knows exactly what we are going to do, what we are thinking and whether or not we are going to Sach Khand. So why does he want to see something that he has already seen happening? Why does Vaaheguroo want to see a play when he already knows exactly what is going to happen?

I have asked some people and they said that he doesn't know EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING, but then this shows that he is not perfect... If he was perfect then he would know exactly what is going to happen to us and what we are going to do...Why does he want to see it when he knows what is going to see???

Is it that he likes to see our reaction to when maayaa is placed in front of us? If this is the reason, then why does he wants to see our reaction when he ALREADY KNOWS what our reaction is going to be?

He has created this play...but however hard we try to get to sach khand and become one with Vaaheguroo, if it is not written for us to go there then why do we do people say that Sikhi is the way that you can get to Sach Khand and that it is possible for EVERYBODY to get to sach khand? if vaaheguroo has written for me to go back to the churasi lakh joon then why are we told that everybody has the chance to get mukhti (freedom from this life)?

If he has already planned our life and knows every single thing about it, why do we have to live it? If he doesnt know everything and wants to see what happens then that shows he is not perfect... I feel like crying!!! It's such a big issue and so many questions that I have been asked I have been unable to answer because of this issue! Sorry i dont mean to shout but its really really upsetting.

Please Khaalsaa Jee, can somebody, anybody give me their knowledge about this and help me and hopefully it will help some of the sangat.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karnaa Khaalsaa/Sangat Jee...

Gurkirpaa Jee

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh Khaalsaa Jeeo!

Re: Vaaheguroo has written our life, so why live it?
Posted by: Balpreet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 03:49PM

I think there is some serious over-thinking going on here.

Trying to understand Vahiguru through our thoughts is not possible. Our processor can't handle it. It will blow a circuit but it will never be able to understand how infinite and perfect Vahiguru is. We aren't perfect and so we can't understand things like perfection and infinity.

All we know is that Guru Sahib has given us certain hukams and bachans and advice. All we can do is follow it.

Gurmat says that we have a choice in life. We are put in our situations in life (rich, poor, in UK or India or Canada and in the particular families) based on our past karma. But our future karma is determined by our actions while we live in these situations.

If we had no choice, Guru Sahib would not have told us to do anything. There would be no hukams from Guru Sahib.

I agree with you though that it's absolutely mind boggling how we have a choice but regardless God knows it. It defies our logic and our realm of possibility. But God isn't bound by our limitations.

So the summation of my advice: stop thinking and start doing. All you and I can do is follow Guru Sahib's bachans and rehit and the rest is up to him. Thinking about this will never clarify the issue though bhagti might.

Posted by: toronto_86 (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 06:25PM

wjkk wjkf

This is the same question that I have had in my mind for so long. I understand that our little intellect is not capable for understanding the Gurbani but still I need some answers.

First of all I do try to do my nitnem and follow the hukams as best as I can but I often fail.

So heres my question :

There are so many shabads in Gurbani where we are told that everything is in the hands of God and he is the one sitting in everyone and making them do everything.

Then why do people get rewarded or punished when the main culprit is not the person himself but the one sitting inside Him. pardon me for the language.

So do we have a free will or choice or is our life pre written or pre destined by the Creator ?

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 07:44PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

As Bhai Balpreet Singh ji advised we should follow what Guru Sahib asked us to do. The best one liner answer to those questions are given in following pankiti:

ਕਰਤੇਕੀਮਿਤਿਕਰਤਾਜਾਣੈਕੈਜਾਣੈਗੁਰੁਸੂਰਾ॥੩॥
ਕਰਤੇ ਕੀ ਮਿਤਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੈ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੂਰਾ ॥੩॥ Panna 929
About extent or play of the creator Vaheguru, only the creator Vaheguru knows, or the valiant Guru knows.

Read Dakhanni Onakaar as much as possible doubts will go away.

ੴਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥
ਰਾਮਕਲੀਮਹਲਾ੧ਦਖਣੀਓਅੰਕਾਰੁ

ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਉਤਪਤਿ॥
ਓਅੰਕਾਰੁ ਕੀਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਚਿਤਿ॥
ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਸੈਲ ਜੁਗ ਭਏ॥
ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਬੇਦ ਨਿਰਮਏ॥
ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਉਧਰੇ॥
ਓਅੰਕਾਰਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਤਰੇ॥
ਓਨਮ ਅਖਰ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ॥
ਓਨਮ ਅਖਰੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਸਾਰੁ॥੧॥

to

ਪਾਧਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਖੀਐ ਚਾਟੜਿਆ ਮਤਿ ਦੇਇ॥
ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਹੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਗਰਹੁ ਲਾਹਾ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਲੇਇ॥
ਸਚੀ ਪਟੀ ਸਚੁ ਮਨਿ ਪੜੀਐ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁ ਸਾਰੁ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਪੜਿਆ ਸੋ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਬੀਨਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਗਲਿ ਹਾਰੁ॥੫੪॥੧॥

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Hau Apraadhi (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2008 12:09AM

Thanks a lot khaalsaa jeeo that really helpe!!! :D I posted it on sikhsangat too if anyone wants to take a look, just for more information and knowledge...

[www.sikhsangat.com]

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2008 03:19AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

the fact that vaheguroo is beyond time and space i.e. akaal moorat, should be enough for us to realise that trying to apply the laws of time and space to vaheguroo is futile. to talk of the past, present and future when it comes to vaheguroo is to try and define vaheguroo who is beyond time and space.

furthermore, the fact that ridhee/sidhees exist whereby people are able to know of the future proves that time and space have no jurisdiction when it comes to the inner world, the aatmic level, let alone regarding vaheguroo's guns.

the root issue is that the world has convinced us that to think is to start to know...and to know is to acquire wsidom. however, gursikhee teaches that no amount of thoughts/wisdom will give us brahm-giyaan. the two paths are polar opposites...we need to realise this otherwise the fruits of bhagtee will be difficult to obtain as doubt/duality/dubidya will assail us at every turn and rob us of any lahaa we may gather through japping naam.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2008 04:54AM

Balpreet Singh, very nice post. Did we meet in delhi in the recent past at a smagam in somebody's house ????

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib