ਜਹਮਹਾਭਇਆਨਦੂਖਜਮਸੁਨੀਐਤਹਮੇਰੇਪ੍ਰਭਤੂਹੈਸਹਾਈ॥
ਸਰਨਿਪਰਿਓਹਰਿਚਰਨਗਹੇਪ੍ਰਭਗੁਰਿਨਾਨਕਕਉਬੂਝਬੁਝਾਈ॥੨॥੫॥੯੧॥

(ਅੰਘ ੮੨੨)

-------------------------------------------

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫॥
bilaaval mehlaa 5.
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

ਕਿਆ ਹਮ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਬੇਚਾਰੇ ; ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਹ ਏਕ ਰੋਮਾਈ॥
ki-aa ham jee-a jant baychaaray baran na saakah ayk romaa-ee.
What am I? Just a poor living being. I cannot even describe one of Your hairs, O Lord.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ , ਮਹੇਸ , ਸਿਧ , ਮੁਨਿ , ਇੰਦ੍ਰਾ ; ਬੇਅੰਤ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਈ॥੧॥
barahm mahays siDh mun indraa bay-ant thaakur tayree gat nahee paa-ee. ||1||
Even Brahma, Shiva, the Siddhas and the silent sages do not know Your State, O Infinite Lord and Master. ||1||

ਕਿਆ ਕਥੀਐ ; ਕਿਛੁ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ॥
ki-aa kathee-ai kichh kathan na jaa-ee.
What can I say? I cannot say anything.

ਜਹ ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ; ਤਹ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਈ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥
jah jah daykhaa tah rahi-aa samaa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading. ||1||Pause||

ਜਹ ਮਹਾ ਭਇਆਨ ਦੂਖ ਜਮ ਸੁਨੀਐ ; ਤਹ , ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ , ਤੂ ਹੈ ਸਹਾਈ॥
jah mahaa bha-i-aan dookh jam sunee-ai tah mayray parabh toohai sahaa-ee.
And there, where the most terrible tortures are heard to be inflicted by the Messenger of Death, You are my only help and support, O my God.

ਸਰਨਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ; ਪ੍ਰਭ ਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਬੂਝ ਬੁਝਾਈ॥੨॥੫॥੯੧॥
saran pari-o har charan gahay parabh gur naanak ka-o boojh bujhaa-ee. ||2||5||91||
I have sought His Sanctuary, and grasped hold of the Lord’s Lotus Feet; God has helped Guru Nanak to understand this understanding. ||2||5||91||

(NOTE: BISHRAAMS / JHAMKEES ABOVE ARE PER MY VERY LIMITED OPINION AND IF IN DOUBT I HAVE GONE ALONG AS PER GIVEN TRANSLATION)

----------------------------------------------------------------

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

khalsa jeeo,

questions/comments:

- ਬ੍ਰਹਮ , ਮਹੇਸ , ਸਿਧ , ਮੁਨਿ , ਇੰਦ੍ਰਾ ; ਬੇਅੰਤ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਈ॥੧॥ - ਮਹੇਸ which refers to shiv jee should be pronounced with vishesh dhunee: ਮਹੇਸ਼. ਨਹੀ should always be pronounced as ਨਹੀਂ as per my understanding.

- ਕਿਆ ਕਥੀਐ ; ਕਿਛੁ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ॥ - should we pronounce ਕਿਆ as ਕਿਆਂ when it is referring to first-person as in this case?

- ਜਹ ਮਹਾ ਭਇਆਨ ਦੂਖ ਜਮ ਸੁਨੀਐ ; ਤਹ , ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ , ਤੂ ਹੈ ਸਹਾਈ॥ - should we always pronounce ਮਹਾ as ਮਹਾਂ ? when should we and shouldn't we? incidentally, i was reading one of bhai sahib's books yesterday and noticed he refers to mahaa(n) parshaad in this way.

- ਸਰਨਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ; ਪ੍ਰਭ ਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਬੂਝ ਬੁਝਾਈ॥੨॥੫॥੯੧॥ - ਸਰਨਿ should always be pronounced with vishesh dhunee as ਸ਼ਰਨਿ.

regarding this full panktee, this would be the way to do bishraam if we went along with the translation they have given. however, the bishraam before ਪ੍ਰਭ just didn't feel right to me for some reason. i keep wishing to do bishraam as follows: ਸਰਨਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਰਿ , ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ; ਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਬੂਝ ਬੁਝਾਈ॥੨॥੫॥੯੧॥.

i don't know if we are able to do this and remain within the rules of viyakarN but if so, it would give the alternative meaning: I have sought the Ever-blossoming's Sanctuary, and grasped hold of Vaheguroo's Feet ; Guru Nanak has helped me understand this ||2||5||91||.

this would mean that siree panchmesh pita jee is doing ustat of siree guroo nanak sahib jee Who has blessed Them with such Brahm-vidyaa...of course, we know They are One and the same and this is Maharaaj Jee's pooran-nimrataa. please note that this bishraam attempt is just a hypothesis - veer kulbeer singh jee, what are your thoughts?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib