ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Akj Only True Amrit?
Posted by: Ninja (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 08:38AM

A lot of the youth of today "AKJ" youth in particular seem to have this view that "their" Amrit sanchars are the only real Amrit sanchars and that only they receive Naam and that other sanchars organized outside the Akhand Kirtan Jatha do not receive Naam.

What is Tapobans or others views on this matter?

Sorry for my ignorance

Re: Akj Only True Amrit?
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 09:52AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

If we are not wrong this topic was and may be been discussed on many other forums existed as of today. Regarding how better or not one can not judge untill going through the process. It's like ਜਲੇਬੀ ਜਾਂ ਬਰਫੀ ਦਾ ਸੁਆਦ ਖਾ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਪਤਾ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ। ਬਜਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਹਲਵਾਈ ਤਾਂ ਬਥੇਰੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਮਠਿਆਈ ਸੁਆਦ ਕਿਸੇ ਇਕ ਅੱਧੇ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ। We from khalsaspirit.com can only say that whoever conduct the Amrit Sanchar according to Gurmat (many claim they does but found to be not even close) and ask the amrit Ablakhi to strictly follow basic khalsa Rehat [www.khalsaspirit.com] and give you Gurmanter to recite (not required some one else afterwards like one guy mentioned just recently on different thread), then no matter its conducted by which Jatha of Sikh Panth. To that Amrit Sanchar Ablakhi should go.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 11:25AM

I agree with "Khalsaspirit" jee. It's not about jatha or organization. It's about maryada. Where ever Gurmat maryada is followed, that's where abhilaakhis should go.

I don't agree with the statement that all amrit sinchaars are equal. If only 4 pyaaras are present in a certain amrit sinchaar, that amrit sinchaar is not correct. Same way, if they start using non-sarbloh Khanda Baata then too it would be wrong. If they don't do parkash of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, then too it would be wrong.

Same way, if they don't do parkash of Laridaar Saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, it would be a wrong thing to do and it is advised that abhilaakhis don't go to such amrit sinchaars where Guru Sahib is not present.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 12:19PM

Rather than arguing which rehit maryada is "best", why don't we try our best to follow what our Panj Pyaare have told us?

Guru Angad Dev Ji in Raag Saarang on Ang 1238

slok mhlw 2 ]
salok mehalaa 2 ||
Salok, Second Mehla:

ijn vifAweI qyry nwm kI qy rqy mn mwih ]
jin vaddiaaee thaerae naam kee thae rathae man maahi ||
Those who are blessed with the glorious greatness of Your Name - their minds are imbued with Your Love.

nwnk AMimRqu eyku hY dUjw AMimRqu nwih ]
naanak a(n)mrith eaek hai dhoojaa a(n)mrith naahi ||
O Nanak, there is only One Ambrosial Nectar; there is no other nectar at all.

nwnk AMimRqu mnY mwih pweIAY gur prswid ]
naanak a(n)mrith manai maahi paaeeai gur parasaadh ||
O Nanak, the Ambrosial Nectar is obtained within the mind, by Guru's Grace.

iqn@I pIqw rMg isau ijn@ kau iliKAw Awid ]1]
thinhee peethaa ra(n)g sio jinh ko likhiaa aadh ||1||
They alone drink it in with love, who have such pre-ordained destiny. ||1||

Posted by: * (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 12:37PM

For me most of the jathebandis claim that they are the only one who follow pure puratan maryada. I think the person should decide by him self by looking everybody's diffrances.

But In the end it depend upon the person how he follow. Means main thing is he can make good boundry but he need the corp too .Means the naam is the most important. How much bani he/she read how much naam jap he/she do. If the person dont do this he can go to any jathebandi and nothing will happen because in the end he just have to make guru sahib happy by showing his/her love to guru sahib.

I think if the person is amritdhari and have good nitnem and simran. He there is and mistake is happning guru sahib will guide him anyway.

Guru sahib dont ask which jathebandi the person belong to

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2007 01:31PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

We like to add further that of course one must keep the Rehat strictly afterwards but the effect of initiation remains through out ones life. There are always up and downs in one life then that Amrit shows up its effect. We had many examples that how Sikhs give up their Sikhi by giving up their Kesh (became Patit) to do something they think its for panth. Do we think when you become Patit and do some thing for Panth will be acceptable to Guru Sahib? We do not think so. Only Amrit di Shakti can spare us from those acts. So yes we agree with bhai sahib not every one conduct the Amrit Sanchar according to GURMAT Maryada. That is why we have quantity today but no quality at large and ਅੱਜ ਜੋ ਕੌਮ ਦੀ ਦਸ਼ਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਹੀ ਹੈ। R, because today we consider the increase in quantity of Sikhs as a mile stone not the one that Dasam Patshah said:ਸਵਾ ਲਾਖ ਸੇ ਏਕ ਲੜਾਉ ਤਬੈ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮ ਕਹਾਉ।

ਅਤੇ ਜਿਨਾ ਨੇ ਉਹ ਛਾਂਦਾ ਛਕਿਆ ਉਨਾ ਤੋ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਅੱਜ ਵੀ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਡਰਦੇ ਨੇ।

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: SENGH (IP Logged)
Date: November 15, 2007 08:36AM

to the best of my little knowledge when the akj was created it was just a collection of chardee kala singhs/singhneeaa who used to get together and do AKHAND KEERTAN and became known as the AKHAND KEERTAN JATHA

there is no such thing as JATHA amrit

Posted by: malton (IP Logged)
Date: November 16, 2007 09:52AM

does the sangat have any say in who the panj are who are selected?

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2007 08:07AM

The 5 most chardi kala singhs in the sangat at the time are choosen!

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib