ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Need Help With Paaht
Posted by: Tarun Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 06:52AM

So this is a last ditch effort to get help from Sangat - for the last 6 weeks or so it has been taking me longer and longer to do my Nitnem due to being obsessive in the difference in pronouncing lavan vs dulavann nana vs. nanna, baba vs bhaba - it's gotten to the point where I'm repeating lines over and over for minutes on end with very little to no difference in the pronunciation - being at college I'm rarely able to do my nitnem on time, and do it at various points in the day (I know this is bad and that I should work on this). If including all my nitnem 5 bania + one chaupai sahib + rehras sahib (har jug jug bhagat, 29 pauris chaupai, and ending at 'tis sahib kee tek...') + rakhiah de shabad and sohila is taking me a total of around 4 hrs or more :S I've tried listening to different recordings, doing nitnem with sangat (which helped when I did it for a few days, but can't do at school), and even having family listen to my nitnem to make sure pronunciation was ok (which also helped a little, but can't be done at school, and also started to frustrate my family due to the excessive repetition of lines)

so I guess, I'm turning to you, the sangat, to help me out here.

bhul chuk maaf karni

Re: Need Help With Paaht
Posted by: Tegbir Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 07:30PM

practice Oora-Airaa

Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2008 07:27AM

ssa

why dont you get a recording of what you belive to be correct pronunciation and read along or even just listen to that?

i have some recordings from Damdami Taksal, so i know such things exist

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2008 08:36AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Tarun Singh jio,

Try reading fluently the basic Nitnem first that is: Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tauprasaad Svaiaye, Choupai (Hamri karo haath to dushat Dokh te leho bachaee), Anand Sahib complete in the morning. Rehraas Sahib (Dukh Daroo Sukh Roog to tis sahib ke tek Nanak manay Mahe). Nitnem should be done much less than 4 hours.

Once after several years or months or weeks or days (depends upon your interest) you felt your error rate of reading the Lava(n), Dulava(n), kanna, Aukand, sihari, bihari and complete tuk with proper bishrams reduced effectively then try including more Bani to your Nitnem. No one can say that we are one hundred percent correct in reading Gurbani all the time. There is always chance of misreading. All we jagasu can do is just nimrata sahet ardass to Guru Sahib for forgiveness and his more kirpa to read more n more Shudh Gurbani. And this is our bharosa Guru Sahib guide you.

ਪਿਛਲੇ ਅਉਗੁਣ ਬਖਸਿ ਲਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਗੈ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥ Panna 624

Baaki Guru Sahib ja(n) Guru Kay Sikh aap jee nu hor jiyada duss sakde hun.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib