ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

GURUJI LISTENS !!!!!
Posted by: hsc13 (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2007 07:10PM

Sadh Sangat Jee,

I just want to share my recent experience with you all. About 2 months ago, I got laid off from work. After my lay off, I was being constanlty told that I should cut my hair as no one will hire me with my turban. I was confused and frustrated. I did not want to cut my hair and lose my amrit, I wanted to remain loyal to Guruji. But I will admit, for a while I was doubting Guruji and the thought of cutting my hair did come into my thoughts. I did a sincere ardaas to Guruji to please help me find a job in my field where I can keep my turban.

For about 3 weeks I started doing more paath (since I had the time) and tried to keep a positive outlook. During this time I did not send out any resumes - I just focused on reading as much bani as I could. After this time frame I then started sending out my resumes, and within 2 weeks I finally landed a job in my field and the company owner (my direct supervisor) does not care about me wearing a turban. All this with Guruji's kirpa. If Guruji can help a mahapaapi like me, I cannot even imagine how he helps those who are his regular and sincere devotees!!!

I am now convinced that Guruji listens to our ardaases and takes care of all of our affairs but we must have faith and remain loyal to our Guruji.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

Re: GURUJI LISTENS !!!!!
Posted by: Xylitol (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2007 10:55PM

thanks. i'm sure a lot of people will appreciate that.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2007 07:38AM

I know an individual who went through similar situation during the recession of early 1990s. He lost all his equity and houses. He was having really hard time even putting bread on table for his family. He was really desperate. He was in marketing and sales business. He thought of something and told his family to not disturb him for about 3 months. He started reading Gurbani along with meanings day and night. It took him about 3 months during which time he read whole of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee along with translation for each pankiti. This was his first time delving into the ocean of Gurbani. He had faith that doing so will improve his condition. He did not have any spiritual goals but wanted to improve his worldly financial condition.

After 3 months he went to Gurdwara Sahib and asked the Granthi to do ardaas for the completion of his paath and reading translation. He himself told me that after the ardaas, he got so many deals and contacts that he was totally amazed. All that he had lost came back to him within few months. He is very well settled now. The only thing is that even today, all the paath he does is for worldly reasons only. Recently he has shown some inclination towards spirituality and I hope he goes for his spiritual goals as eagerly and intensively as he went for his worldly goals.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Death (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2007 12:37PM

Kulbir Singh:

if he carries on doing as much as paath he is doing now, in his next life he'll have love for sikhi in the true light.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said if you attach yourself to gurbani, then you also attach yourself to the source; where the gurbani came from, Saachkhand. In that case, you go to that place from which it originated. Guru Ji gives an interesting example of this.

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: October 25, 2007 06:01AM

Please more stories,I am feeling disheartened and alone at the moment

Posted by: so confused (IP Logged)
Date: October 26, 2007 02:31PM

This is something that happened recently. As I am trying to get to the status of GurSikh, im the only one who keeps rehat (not amritdari yet). My family are more panjabi then Sikh.

Last week my there was a wedding in the family. The night before the wedding it my duty to go and drop the elder persons off at home (as I did not drink) so I got to sleep 2am on the wedding morning. I volunteered to drive the mini bus for the wedding day. I got up at 4am feeling so tired and thought to myself how was i going to drive 250 miles in one day inc central London with only 2 hrs sleep. So I went to the Gurdwhara 5am to do ardaas, I put my head down in front of my Guru and offered my head and asked Guruji to control my hands when I drive and not to make any mistakes.

I drove for over 250miles that day and we made no mistakes. I got home 11:30pm and I was still feeling so radient while everyone else was tired.

Dhan Dhan Shiri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib