ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Sohna Munda
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 09:23AM

Here is a short story from our old forum.

Author: Kulbir Singh
Date: 08-09-06 05:54

Yesterday, some of the gursikhs were shopping for a new house for themselves. Along with them was 5 year old Tapoban kid - Nageena Singh. They went into a house where lives a 4 year old girl who goes to the same school as Nageena Singh. Girl's mother, much to the embarrassment of the little girl, narrated little girl's first day at school as follows:

I was very concerned about my little girl on her first day of school. I went to the bus stop for the school bus. She did not want to let go of me since she had never been left alone. With some difficulty I convinced her to sit in the bus. She was hesitant and scared. I dropped her off but could not go home; so I followed the bus to the school.

The school bus reached the school and all kids came out of the bus. I expected my daughter to be crying her eyes out but I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was in a jolly good mood and was smiling. I approached her and hugged her. She asked me, "why have you come here mom?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, dear".

"You know mommy, I saw a very "Sohna Munda" today. He was wearing a different dress (she was referring to Nageena Singh’s Navy Blue Khalsa baana). He had a very beautiful Blue crown (She was referring to Nageena Singh’s dumaala) on his head. Mom, he looked like a prince. I have never seen such a "Sohna Munda".

Apparently, the girl upon seeing Nageena Singh forgot about her agony and got lost in the baana of “Sohna Munda”.

When her mom finished narrating this story, everyone was laughing. The little girl got so embarrassed that she started crying. Nageena Singh's face too was a little blushed.

The moral of the story is that Khalsa baana is a beautiful dress and we all should wear it. If we want to be "Sohnay Munday" or "Sohniyaan Kuriaan", then we must wear Khalsa baana.

Kulbir Singh

Re: Sohna Munda
Posted by: Ninja (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 03:36PM

This is just great

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib