ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Pics of Lareevar rehitnamas from 1800s
Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2009 09:08AM

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

I was browsing the internet and came across a singh's flickr account with many pictures of various praatan saroops of maharaj and also rehitnamas (all credit to this singh for taking the pictures and uploading them), I know that the tapoban singhs are lareevar readers, so perhaps you could do the seva of translating these for the sangat? I know its a bit of a task, but I'm sure its of interest to everyone. Well here's the links, its up to you :)

[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

bhull chukk mafee for any mistakes

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh!

Re: Pics of Lareevar rehitnamas from 1800s
Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: June 26, 2009 04:36AM

Thank you veer Singhstah for sharing those pictures. To translate that manuscript word for word will require some time to do. I personally have a lot on my plate at the moment so time is the problem and also I am not that quick on the computer as some of you jung boys!( & girls).

The written maryada is only half a century older than sgpc one so there might not be that much difference. However what I will try to do is try to highlight the points made which are not in the sgpc maryada and which fall under Gurmat. This will be more time effective and I will do in parts when I get time otherwise you might be waiting weeks for a reply.

The Maryada starts of by mentioning the rules required to set up an Amrit Sanchaar in this it states that the chosen Singhs for this seva should First be all –

Kirat wale

Keep Panj Kakkar rehat( there is an issue with the kakkars mentioned in the text but I will not raise it now as I would only like to hightlight the Gunn from the text).

They should not associate with kurethis.

They should be Amritvela risers.

They should follow the rehat maryada written.

They should have in their nitem the following baneeia Vaar Asaa Kee, Japi, Jaap Sahib, Rehras, Kirtan Sohila, Chandi, Swayey.

They should not eat before doing their Nem Phaat.

They should not eat from others that have not taken Amrit - ਜਿਸਨੇ ਪਾਹਲ ਨ ਲਈ ਹੋਵੈ ਉਸ ਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਨਾ ਛਕਤੇ ਹੋਹਿ I

To be continued
(sorry running late for work!)

Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2009 05:10AM

I thought I would read the whole manuscript first before I start to translate anything more because it was quite evident that there were some mistakes in the text one of which caught me out when reading the Panj Kakars.

After reading the whole text this weekend I felt that there was a lot of man-mat stuff in there like making offerings of money when attending the amrit sanchar and other stuff. We have to remember that when this was written most of the Gurdwaras at the time were under Mahant control.

I therefore feel that it is not worth spending the time translating this text and giving it more credit than it is due. All the Gurmat points made in the text are all known and nothing new is mentioned. Although the line which I missed in my previous post regarding reciting Anand Sahib and then placing Karad in whatever you eat was very interesting.

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2009 10:42AM

Thank you Singh Jio for your seva, I'm guessing by kakkar you mean they mention the WRONG *ahem* 5th kakkar, whats strange is the what they said the panj should be nitnemis of, lacking in some of today's current banis yet having other banis as compulsory. But its interesting to note that at this time panj had to be bibekis.
I totally know what you mean about your second post, I been reading old contemporary sources in a book I am reading at the moment and that certainly was one dodgy era.
Thanks once more

Gurfateh jio.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2009 11:11AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Singh Jio,

Agree with you on money offering manmat and other related stuff. It is even expected from the begining statement that "ਸ੍ਰੀ ਤਖਤ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਕਾਲ ਬੁੰਗੇ ਜੀ ਤੇ ਆਦਿ ਪੰਜੇ ਗੁਰਦ੍ਵਾਰੋਂ ਕੇ ਪੁਜਾਰੀ ਸਿੰਘੋਂ ਕੋਂ ਬੁਲਾ ਕਰ ਲਿਖੇ।" and every one knows what ਪੁਜਾਰੀ means so such manmat is not suprising to us.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib