ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Gristhi Sangat
Posted by: gupt_learner (IP Logged)
Date: September 07, 2009 09:59AM

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa,Waheguru jee kee fateh !!

Sangat jio,

It is about a month that Daas is married as per hukam of Guru Sahib Jee. We still have dillemma on the point as "can we do nitnem/naam simran together or alone".. doing it together is bringing vikaars sometimes i.e: kaam,ahankaar etc....

Please advice sangat jeo... also,please share stories/jeevans of Gurmukh couples...."ek jot doe moorti"

Daas
Gupt_learner..._/|\_

Re: Gristhi Sangat
Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: September 07, 2009 10:56AM

you should do nitnem/naam simran together since soon in the future your kids will join you too and too use the excuse of Kaam is a bit silly since at least you will know how powerful a chor kaam is and also at least you won't think your free of kaam just because your wife isn't present and also when will you do nitnem/naam simran together if not now???............when you become a Bramhgyani ???

Posted by: Akaalee (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2009 09:05AM

I was having a discussion with a GurSikh a while back and his thoughts were that the husband-wife relationship is sangat but may be not Sat Sangat because two important elements Bhea(fear) and Sharam do not play their part in this relationship.

I do think that external sangat is important as it keeps one on track especially on things like Amritvela.

However in your case gupt_learner I think some of the feelings that are playing with you will lessen over time as you’ve only been married only a month. There shouldn’t be an issue when doing simran together as both of you should have your eyes closed when trying to listen to Naam. May be if both of you can read Gurbanee or know your nitnem by hart then it might be better to do it separately this is not just because of your situation but I think when generally you do your nitnem by yourself you can concentrate better.

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: September 09, 2009 05:31AM

GUpt_learner veerjee, sorry if it sounds silly but do u do naam japhaa(Naam hug) ??? with bhainje. cause daas can't really understand that ur mind goes to vikaars when ur sitting seperate.

was just an advice(But don't answer my question above. It was just for u to think about) that IF u do Naam hug THEN don't do it with Singhnee if it's that what makes u come off the track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 06:57AM by admin.

Posted by: gupt_learner (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2009 09:02AM

Sangat jee,

Doing gurbani sewa/naam simran together is bringing in MOH & it is very difficult to take out ones thinking to concentrate on Gurbani/naam in other's absence...

Please help jio...

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2009 01:45AM

Kaam and Moh are two of the strongest robbers..among the FIVE we have as Permanent tenants in our Mann Mandir.
The ONLY WAY to overcome them..is with the THAPPRRAA of the Sacha GURU...on our BACK !! Nothing else works.
So my advice is BEG for His Kirpa as much as you can..control the Mann..and do Simran/Gurbani Nitnem TOGETHER as a Family. This Tradition will serve you well when you later on in life ask your children to JOIN YOU.
Slowly...with His Kirpa..and Thaprra on Your Backs..these Five robbers will begin to weaken....more and more and soon your Mann will begin to settle down as soon as you sit down for simran nitnem...my own personal experience. MY Parents alwsy did nitnem with us children around them..as long as i can remember..i used to sit on my mums lap...and learnt my very first shabad..Thir ghar basso Harjan Piayare..on her knee..and the all time favourite bed time lullaby..tatee vao na lagyee Parbrahm sharnaee...

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib