ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

dissecting a kidney for Biology in class??
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2007 09:26AM

As a indivduals we have to dissect a kidney maybe from a sheep for Biology, do u think I should to do it or leave it. Is it against gumat if I do it and i also i was thinkinging it may give a bad example if i do it.

What ever decision sangat makes I will go according to that!!

Can u please reply asap to this question and give ur opinions and why.

Thanks!!

Re: dissecting a kidney for Biology in class??
Posted by: Nimana (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2007 11:07AM

WJKK WJKF.......If it is possible 4 u....to leave ...or u loose nothin by doing so....den i will probably say u shd leave it.....Else If it is necessary 4 u in ur study.....den i think sath sangat will have no prb in it..u hace to do it...bt faer v .....tusi soojwan sangat de views v parr lawo...
Guru fateh

Posted by: S1NGH (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2007 12:10PM

i think thats okay. becasue if u think about it, you have goto do it, and i am sure alot of other singhs have dun it. You are not harming it or eating it.

But still i am not 100percent sure. but i think its a good question:)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Date: November 12, 2007 01:16PM

Well I dont think they can make u do it, because some people proberly will get sick and stuff, then l;eave the room. The thing is I would liek to do it and learn further about the kidney?

Date: November 12, 2007 01:18PM

Also their must be gursikhs who are heart surgens and have also done biology in the past, they msut ahve done it which must of been a requirement for their profession?

Also what about gursikh doctors who have to cut up dead bodies during their training and what about gursikh doctors who do surgeries, have to cut through the skin and remove organs and stuff?

Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2007 07:05AM

Of course you can do it, there are Sikh doctors aren't there? how do you think they qualified, by dissecting a kharbooja ?

Another thing, don't put too much trust on people on the forums. If there are four people here, there will be 6 opinions, there are people from various levels of avastaa, some who have their own agendas.

Do ardaas and ask Guru Sahib Ji, He will answer you.

Date: November 13, 2007 10:44AM

We did it in class today, i never did it, my friend did it instead. Its disgusting, it smelled of piss? Its horrible!!

Posted by: lowest of the low singhni (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2007 07:33AM

I'm sorry you found it digusting, but next time remember that is actually a kidney inside you too :p and that God created that organ. Or maybe we should just hope their won't be a next time.

I don't see how dissection is against Gurmat, especially when people donate their bodies especially for medical research or for students to learn. Nor do I see how it makes you a bad example. You would only be increasing your knowledge of the subject/organ. In school I dissected a lung, a kidney and a heart. And in University we dissect the full body. It requires guts - excuse the pun - but it's a really good way to learn, if you're into that kind of stuff. Doesn't rock everyone's boat though.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:30AM

lowest of the low singhni what u studying and how did it feel actually dissecting a full body?? I could never do that and don't have the nerves to.

Date: November 14, 2007 01:10PM

I'm studying Medicine. Initially it's weird, but once you get going it's easy to forget that the cadaver was a person. I suppose in the same way surgeons are also so engrossed in their work that they don't feel hesitant about making incisions. Like I said before, it's a great tool for learning because what you see in books can be really different to what you see in the body.

Students are also encouraged to give the dead as much respect as possible. Even when we're done with the dissection, they still have funerals which the family of the donor/students can attend.

: )

Date: November 14, 2007 02:44PM

Do u dissect a body urself or in groups?

What do u look for when dissecting the body?

Can u see their face?

Date: November 14, 2007 03:06PM

At my university we dissect in teams of 4, but that's rare - usually in the UK it is in groups of 8-10, and even then only a handful of universities actually do full-on, full-body dissection/anatomy.

We examine the organs, blood vessels, nerves, muscles - pretty much everything. And we're tested on our knowledge too.

The face is covered most of the time, but you can look at it if you want to. Of course when you dissect the head/neck it is uncovered.

I hope this doesn't give you nightmares tonight. I should probably tell you that the bodies are treated with a preserving chemical that makes them look waxen/old. So they don't actually look like you/me. It is very different from a live person on an operating table.

Date: November 14, 2007 05:28PM

How did u feel when u first dissected the human body?

Did u have nightmares?

Date: November 15, 2007 07:52AM

Personally I didn't really feel anything, because I told myself the body was only dust. Useful dust though.

And no.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib