ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

need explanation - How Pavan is Guru?
Posted by: kaur (IP Logged)
Date: November 19, 2007 01:18PM

I want to know the meaning of last pauri of Japuji sahib, It says pavan guru , paani pita now my question is how is Pavan guru when we already know that shabad is guru. If somebody can enlighten me on this confusion.

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2007 01:28PM by admin.

Re: need explanation - How Pavan is Guru?
Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 19, 2007 03:43PM

Gyani Maskeen jee explains this in one of his kathas. He says that swaas is the minimum requirement for a person to stay alive. Also, while meditating on the Formless Akal Purakh, it is our swaas that helps us to concentrate/meditate. Since swaas is needed to meditate, Maskeen jee says Bani has called pavan as Guru. I can't recall a lot of it, and don't remember his exact words. Please forgive any mistakes.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2007 06:57AM

The most important thing to stay alive is pavan i.e. swaas i.e. air. Just as air is vital for survival of our body, same way Guru is absolutely important for our mind and jeev-aatma. For this reason, pavan has been called the Guru of jeevs.

This salok talks about the situation of ordinary beings. Pawan is like Guru because one can't survive without it. It's the most important thing. Water and Earth are next important. Water is the source of creation. 75% of our body is water. Earth is like mother. Like a mother carries the child, same way Earth is carrying all beings as if they are her kids. Day and night serve as caretakers. In this family of Guru air, father water, mother Earth, day and night caretakers, the whole world is living in (Khelai sagal jagat).

In the next world, when the jeev-aatma leaves this body, its good and bad deeds are accounted for by Dharam Rai, in the presence (hadoor) of Vaheguru. Depending on one's Karma, some come closer to Vaheguru and others depending on their deeds get distant from Vaheguru.

In the last two pankitis, Siri Guru jee talks about Gurmukhs. Ones who japp Naam, get rewarded for their hard work. They make their hard work saffal i.e. successful and acceptable in the next world. Countless beings who associate with such Gursikhs, get free in the next world.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2007 11:43AM

vaheguroojeekakhalsa,vaheguroojeekeefateh!

sadh sangat jeeo,

i also agree with the above writers - our most immediate need is air, water, food and then shelter in that order. it is clear that we must relise and accept guroo as important to our soul as pavan is to our body.

it could also be said that siree guroo sahib is referred to as pavan because the pavan we recite naam with is in some ways our guroo - gurmantar must be japped with svaas and at some stage sound, vibration, feeling and svaas become completely interlinked and indistinguishable, subsuming our jyot and pushing it up and away from lower realms - svaas is like the finest thread which guides our way. however, i'm certainly not the person to talk about the aesthetic bliss of such a state.

gurbaa(n)ee is so amazing - so many of your opinions, feelings and emotions change, develop and flower as you do paath...gurbaa(n)ee truly is an ocean full of jewels with no limits. may we all truly realise this during this janam which will hopefully be our last...

and then we can meet again, in an infinitely more beautiful way, in that place where as true friends we are never seperated again.

vahegurooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib