ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Lack of saadh sangat
Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2007 04:34PM

Throughout Bani, Gurujee stresses repeatedly on the importance of Saadh sangat. Lets say someone doesn't have Amritdhari Gursikhs anywhere around (geographically/physically). What is one to do then? The internet is a really good tool but after a while you end up being physically alone as you want more sangat and the only place is the internet. Someone once told me that you could make Bani your sangat. I am guessing that implies that one recites a lot of Bani. What other things can be done to fill this gap that arises out of lack of Saadh sangat?

Re: Lack of saadh sangat
Posted by: Death (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2007 03:22AM

Your getting Saadh Sangat confused with Sat Sangat. Both are mentioned in Gurbani, the former being the higher one. Saadh sangat is a sangat full of Saints and brahmgyanis, which cannot be found on earth but on spiritual realms - the Sikh on earth reaches a certain level when he can have their sangat. Now, Sat Sangat is the Sangat on earth, where the worship of God is taken place, i.e. in a Gurudwara.

If you want the Saadh sangat, then sat sangat is important as well as japing an immense amount of Naam and staying completely away from Maya.

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2007 07:48AM

Bhagti has to be done both alone as well as with other gursikhs. THere is no subsitute of this sangat. Listening to keertan in sangat, doing abhiyaas in sangat is much more powerful than doing it alone. In sadh sangat, Satguru jee is haazar naazar. There is no subsitute of paras kala of sadh sangat.
So what to do now ? Well be content with u have, keep on japping Naam and reading bani alone.

Posted by: Xylitol (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2007 08:59AM

saadh sangat and sant sangat can be found on earth. i don't know where you got the idea that it can't, that's not written anywhere in Gurbani ji.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2007 02:04PM

Saadhsangat is with saints and brahmgyanis. There is not better brahgyani or saint equal to guru granth sahib. Read gurbani and understaning gurbani is saadh sangat.

Posted by: Daljeet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 27, 2007 06:27AM

Move to a place with sangat, all depends on the individual, but in order to progress in your Sikhee, saadh-sangat is a must.

Posted by: **** (IP Logged)
Date: December 03, 2007 01:06PM

I recently came back from india after having the wonderfull opportunity to have sangat of rehitvaan gursikhs. I too have feeling the lack of rehitvaan gursikhs. I don't enjoy going to gurdwara as there is a great lack of spiritual upliftment. I shared my thoughts with a gursikh who i am very close to and happened to mention the same thing about guru ji explaining the need of SADH SANGAT. The point to realise is the difference in sath sangat and sadh sangat. Gursikhs can be classed as sadh sangat but what we see on a normal sunday divan is like sat sangat.
The only way to feel some anand is to build amrithvela, rehit and read books of chardikala vale gursikhs. With guru maharaj ji's kirpa you build up a strong longing of wanting anand in sadh sangat guru maharaj ji will give you what is right.

Posted by: Singh. (IP Logged)
Date: December 04, 2007 11:25AM

Bhai Sahib ji,

Let us go to Gurbani to find our answers, Gurbani says "Sat sangat kaisee jaaneeai? Jithey Eko Naam Vakhaaneeai"

What is sat sangat? Sat sangat or saadh sangat is basically the place where the one name is being recited, nothing else counts as this. Therefore, you are correct Bhai Mehtab Singh Ji in stating that Gurbani & Naam is the only true Sangat. We cannot class internet as Sat Sangat, unless maybe you are reading Gurbani from a website.

I hope this helps, but I suggest that you search Gurbani on Sikhi To The Max rather than asking on a forum.

Posted by: gurmantar (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2007 02:35AM

one sakhi that comes to mind is-
When Guroo Godindh Singh Ji maharaj was about to go to sach khand ...Bhai Daya Singh Ji (5 pyaara) asked him guroo-ji spiritually you are leavig us with shabad guroo GUROO GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ, we have your soul infront of us but what if we want to see you physically?..GUROO GOBINDH SINGH JI MAHARAJ replied if you wish to see my body go and see my khalsa fauj, Bhai Daya Singh Ji said what if the sangat is not there? Then Guroo sahib said go to 5 gursikhs in full bana, then he said what if there is not 5 Gurikhs available , Guroo sahib said go and see one other Singh in bana and say VAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH to him, Bhai Daya Singh ji said what if there is not even 1 khalsa avaialble then what?...Guroo sahib said get up in the morning do your Nitnem keep reht, do your ardaas to Guroo Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, Put on your bana of the guroo tie the distaar of the Guroo look in the mirror and you will see me staring right back at you!...but dont forget to say VAHEGUROO JI KHALSA VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!!!

KHALSA MERAH RUPE HAI KHAS

Guroo Gobindh Singh ji lives inside you !

Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2007 08:00AM

Vaaheguroo!!!!
Amazing!!!
Thank you gurmantar ji!!

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib