ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

This Message Board is designed to discuss issues concerning Gurmat, Gurbani, issues related to the Sikh Panth and Sikh history. Any type of posts that contain vulgar language, personal attacks, flame wars, and content against the teachings of Gurmat are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Constructive, respectful debates with the aim to learn about Gurmat are encouraged. Arguments simply for the sake of argument will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators have authority to delete/edit such posts. Administrators and moderators only interest is to maintain a constructive, well run Message Board which promotes learning and Gurmat inspiration. www.tapoban.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced on these forums, and cannot be held responsible for the content of sites linked from these pages or the views of the members posting here.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
new article: Attachment and reliance on Mortals
Posted by: Singhni MiriPiri (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2008 10:21AM

new article on [naam-jor.blogspot.com]

thank you

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Re: new article: Attachment and reliance on Mortals
Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2008 04:46AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਨਾਨਕ ਭੰਡੈ ਬਾਹਰਾ ਏਕੋ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥
नानक भंडै बाहरा एको सचा सोइ ॥
Nānak bhandai bāhrā ėko sachā so­ė.
O Nanak, only the True Lord is without a woman.

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Please check out an excellant shabad keertan "Bhand Jamiyai Bhand Nimiyai" by Snatam Kaur at

[sikhnet.com]

Thanks

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2008 08:44AM

Excellent article by young Bibi Miri-Piri, that talks about the real thing i.e. to associate with the ultimate Sach (Eternal Entity) and to not waste our life in associating with mortals beings. Our association should be with fellow seekers of Vaheguru, the devotees of Siri Guru Nanak Dasmesh.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2008 01:12PM

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeeo,

With all due respect, there is a difference between attachment and association.

Of course, our ultimate aim is to be attached only to nirnkaar, but association in all spectrums of life with our fellow brothers in all their religious guises is also important, even if it is only to spread Guru Sahibs Gurmat.

We need to develop the original parchaarak mindset of the Guru's, Guru Amardas Ji's 22 Manjhis and the original Nirmalai and Udasin.

Not to preach or forcibly convert, but to spread Guru's divine message to all types of people in all types of environments from all types of faiths.

We need to live in peace, harmony and brotherly love with our brothers and sisters in this world, not isolate ourselves and isolate Guru's word.

We should have by now translated Gurbani in all the main languages of the world instead of just continuing to do parchaar to Punjabi lok.

Spme will say let's put our own house in order first, I disagree, what is 'our' house, Guru's word is universal - culture, politics and religious evolution affect all faiths, as they do ours, we should focus on spreading Guru's word and sharing it with all people.

Posted by: Devil (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2008 04:53AM

harcharan singh...booorrring. if you want to preach about your crap go ahead and preach, but don't put down other preachers just because your filthy-manmat mind doesn't agree.

to pratice and preach the things singhni miri piri preaches, you have to have previous life times as a naam abhiyaasi sikh. these things are from a higher elevated conscious, which can only be achieved by immense naam abhiyaas.

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2008 05:38AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਨਾਨਕ ਭੰਡੈ ਬਾਹਰਾ ਏਕੋ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥
नानक भंडै बाहरा एको सचा सोइ ॥
Nānak bhandai bāhrā ėko sachā so­ė.
O Nanak, only the True Lord is without a woman.

No person is free from association, attachment or reliance with a woman.

Woman meaning mother, wife, sister, daughter, grandmother etc..

So why have such a notion !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: May 18, 2008 05:10AM

Dear Devil (excuse the pun),

One thing confuses me, how is it that someone who specifically registers on this forum just to have a dig at me (thank you, I feel honoured), and appears to have such a high level of atmak gyaan that he knows a blog writer must have been a naam abyaasi in previous lives, can have so much krodh to the extent of judging me.

Only one thing comes to mind - you know me, and I know you.

I've told you before, grow up, learn to act like a man. Stop attacking people behind a veil, that is the job of cowards. If you have something to say to me, say it to me in person,also, if you are happy to share your hate with the sangat, you should also be happy to share your name.

Just because i didn't agree with your cultist choice of worship, doesn't mean you should hold a life long grudge.

The lack of manners in your communication simply reflects the lack of spirituality and truth in your choice of faith and that in your choice of teacher.

I didn't put anyone down, I simply disagreed on a point of terminology with my vadaa veer Kulbir Singh Ji, and put my thoughts forward.

That is the whole point of interaction on a forum after all?

Vaheguru tere te apaar kirpa kare.

Posted by: The Future Is Bright (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 07:35AM

Bhai Sahib Harcharan Singh ji,

I totally agree with you. There is a demand for the Sikh Ideology, people have it in their hearts, but it is not known that such an ideology and philosophy exists in reality. This is due to the fact that there is a lack of Sikhi being spread due to Gurbani not being translated into the major languages and to the greater world stage. There is a demand for the spiritual and temporal values of Sikhi (Miri and Piri) that the Sikhs need to supply.

I think that as Sikhs we should always remember that the Khalsa does not mean accepting only Sikhs as our brothers and sisters, but the whole of humanity. We should not cut ourselves from society, but become active members of society and it is in this way the light of Sikhi will shine and we will be practising the Gurus teachings of accepting whole of humanity as our family. Guru Sahibaans I think gave us the most pristine example of this. They always acted morally and justly and with love to all individuals even though they might have been doing wrong. I think we need to adopt this sort of tolerance too, people may be doing wrong in society according to our values but we should not "look down" upon them but to still accept them as equals as they too are Wahegurus children.

A Sakhi comes to mind when our First Paatshah went to a village and asked for their hospitality but they simply refused them and acted very negetive towards Guru Ji. But then Guru Ji went to another neighbouring village and they welcomed him warmly and took good care of him. When leaving Guru Ji blessed the village who were not very nice to him. Bhai Mardana questioned Guru Ji asking him why did he bless the village who was not nice to him as opposed to the village that was nice to him. Guru Ji replied that they needed the blessing!

The Future is Bright

Posted by: Singhni MiriPiri (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:16AM

When did Daas say association with others is wrong. Do you think that Daas doesn't associate with others. We do this in our day-to-day lives. Love should be shown with anyone. Daas was talking about attachment. There is a big difference between attachment and association. Also we should try to avoid bad company.

singhbj,

"No person is free from association, attachment or reliance with a woman. Woman meaning mother, wife, sister, daughter, grandmother etc.."

Again: there is a difference between attachment and association. You can associate with women, you may be bound to women but if someone wishes to attain God they should be completely attached to him and detached with the creation. Detachment doesn't mean you don't associate or show love to anyone.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Posted by: Devil (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2008 04:09AM

---------------
One thing confuses me, how is it that someone who specifically registers on this forum just to have a dig at me (thank you, I feel honoured), and appears to have such a high level of atmak gyaan that he knows a blog writer must have been a naam abyaasi in previous lives, can have so much krodh to the extent of judging me.
-----------------

firstly, who are you??? because I registered ages ago to ask a particular question - sorry to break your heart mate. Secondly, I'm a sant thats why I know so much. Thirdly, krodh is my middle name and I only speak the truth, I don't judge.

-------
Only one thing comes to mind - you know me, and I know you.
--------

dude, if you're looking for a date, this isn't a very good pick up line. also, im male so think carefully about what you're saying here. and don't tell me you're gay.

-------------------
I've told you before, grow up, learn to act like a man. Stop attacking people behind a veil, that is the job of cowards. If you have something to say to me, say it to me in person,also, if you are happy to share your hate with the sangat, you should also be happy to share your name.
---------------------

My name is devil - I call myself by what I am; I'm Satans brother just so that you. Now, since you want to meet me, give me a TIME AND PLACE, as someone seriously needs to have his EGO REDUCED TO BLOOD AND A MESSED UP FACE.

by the way, hating the sikh sangat is my hobby.

-------------------
Just because i didn't agree with your cultist choice of worship, doesn't mean you should hold a life long grudge.
---------------------

Again, WHO ARE YOU!!?????

--------------------------
The lack of manners in your communication simply reflects the lack of spirituality and truth in your choice of faith and that in your choice of teacher.'
-------------------------

forced to become a sikh, so can't say anything about that. plus every other religion is weak, no power, as much as gurbani and naam provide. the quran, bible, vedas etc, give nothing in this world and in the next. only guru ji gives satisfaction and fulfills our every desire, thats why im still a sikh. the prophets have no control or power - can't even help their own followers.

when you say teacher you must mean Guru Ji right?? because guru ji is the only teacher for a sikh, which you may not believe.

---------------------------------
I didn't put anyone down, I simply disagreed on a point of terminology with my vadaa veer Kulbir Singh Ji, and put my thoughts forward.
--------------------------------

good for you and dude whats this about:

'We need to live in peace, harmony and brotherly love with our brothers and sisters in this world, not isolate ourselves and isolate Guru's word. '

what world are you living in, this is kalyug man. kalyug rules!!

-------------------------
Vaheguru tere te apaar kirpa kare.'
------------------------

thank you for the blessing, much appreciated.

Date: May 22, 2008 03:48AM

Nice to see that Tapoban admin have volunteered their services in helping out an ill mannered, confused, troubled and possibly schizophrenic teenager by allowing him to bypass their forum regulations and post ribaldry, but just a word of caution though, might not be 'healthy' viewing for your younger and more impressionable sangat.

Devil, may be this will help soothe your self-highlighted krodh, with regards to the rest of your post, either stop watching so much MTV or find a good Psychiatrist:

ਸਭੁ ਲੋਕੁ ਸਲਾਹੇ ਏਕਸੈ ॥

ਸਿਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੋਕਾ ਪਾਵ ਹੈ ॥

ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਜਾਉ ਜੇਤੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਵ ਹੈ ॥੪॥੨॥

This Thread has been closed

© 2007-2011 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib