ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

This Message Board is designed to discuss issues concerning Gurmat, Gurbani, issues related to the Sikh Panth and Sikh history. Any type of posts that contain vulgar language, personal attacks, flame wars, and content against the teachings of Gurmat are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Constructive, respectful debates with the aim to learn about Gurmat are encouraged. Arguments simply for the sake of argument will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators have authority to delete/edit such posts. Administrators and moderators only interest is to maintain a constructive, well run Message Board which promotes learning and Gurmat inspiration. www.tapoban.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced on these forums, and cannot be held responsible for the content of sites linked from these pages or the views of the members posting here.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib : 18/7/08
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2008 07:09AM

ਸਲੋਕਮ:੫॥
ਕੋਟਿਬਿਘਨਤਿਸੁਲਾਗਤੇਜਿਸਨੋਵਿਸਰੈਨਾਉ॥
ਨਾਨਕਅਨਦਿਨੁਬਿਲਪਤੇਜਿਉਸੁੰਞੈਘਰਿਕਾਉ॥੧॥

ਮ:੫॥
ਪਿਰੀਮਿਲਾਵਾਜਾਥੀਐਸਾਈਸੁਹਾਵੀਰੁਤਿ॥
ਘੜੀਮੁਹਤੁਨਹਵੀਸਰੈਨਾਨਕਰਵੀਐਨਿਤ॥੨॥

ਪਉੜੀ॥
ਸੂਰਬੀਰਵਰੀਆਮਕਿਨੈਨਹੋੜੀਐ॥
ਫਉਜਸਤਾਣੀਹਾਠਪੰਚਾਜੋੜੀਐ॥
ਦਸਨਾਰੀਅਉਧੂਤਦੇਨਿਚਮੋੜੀਐ॥
ਜਿਣਿਜਿਣਿਲੈਨ੍‍ਰਿਲਾਇਏਹੋਏਨਾਲੋੜੀਐ॥
ਤ੍ਰੈਗੁਣਇਨਕੈਵਸਿਕਿਨੈਨਮੋੜੀਐ॥
ਭਰਮੁਕੋਟੁਮਾਇਆਖਾਈਕਹੁਕਿਤੁਬਿਧਿਤੋੜੀਐ॥
ਗੁਰੁਪੂਰਾਆਰਾਧਿਬਿਖਮਦਲੁਫੋੜੀਐ॥
ਹਉਤਿਸੁਅਗੈਦਿਨੁਰਾਤਿਰਹਾਕਰਜੋੜੀਐ॥੧੫॥

--------------------------------

q's / comments:

- ਬਿਲਪਤੇ - should this word be pronounced, in terms of seperating syllables, as: ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ or ਬਿ ਲਪਤੇ or ਬਿਲ ਪਤੇ ?

- ਸਾਈ - this is pronounced without nasalisation on the kanna or biharee right, because it means 'that [season]' and doesn't refer to vaheguroo directly as 'master'. veer 'g singh' said this in response to an earlier hukamnama post but i just wanted to double check this and get another response.

- ਨਹ - should there ever be nasalisation on ਹ? if so, when and when not? i currently pretty much nasalise it all the time re: this word for some reason!

- ਹਉ - currently, i think i nasalise the oora every time i read ths word. is this correct/incorrect? when should or shouldn't we?

- ਰਹਾ - i nasalise the kanna; i do this because maharaaj jee is referring to themselves here i.e. 'i remain' - is this the correct thing to do? i also developed this habit after listening to bhai jeevan singh jee's recitation of shabad hazarae (mehla 5) - he nasalises a lot of kannae whilst doing paath re: words such as ਰਹਾ and ਕਹਾ.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib : 18/7/08
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2008 12:51PM

-----
- ਬਿਲਪਤੇ - should this word be pronounced, in terms of seperating syllables, as: ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ or ਬਿ ਲਪਤੇ or ਬਿਲ ਪਤੇ ?
-------

It is more like ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ, in my opinion. It is a noun made from root ਬਿਲਪ which means to cry in pain.

-----------
- ਸਾਈ - this is pronounced without nasalisation on the kanna or biharee right, because it means 'that [season]' and doesn't refer to vaheguroo directly as 'master'. veer 'g singh' said this in response to an earlier hukamnama post but i just wanted to double check this and get another response.
---------

In this particular pankiti this word is not with a nasal sound in the end. Here it means 'that' but if this word means maalik or master, then it is pronounced with nasal sound on bihaari.

-----
- ਨਹ - should there ever be nasalisation on ਹ? if so, when and when not? i currently pretty much nasalise it all the time re: this word for some reason!
-------

This word is pronounced like ਨੈਂਹ. Some Gursikhs prefer to pronounce it like na with slight haha and bindi sound.

-------
- ਹਉ - currently, i think i nasalise the oora every time i read ths word. is this correct/incorrect? when should or shouldn't we?

---------

It is correct to nasalize the oora, everytime. In Baani the haaha too appears with tippee on it.

--------
- ਰਹਾ - i nasalise the kanna; i do this because maharaaj jee is referring to themselves here i.e. 'i remain' - is this the correct thing to do? i also developed this habit after listening to bhai jeevan singh jee's recitation of shabad hazarae (mehla 5) - he nasalises a lot of kannae whilst doing paath re: words such as ਰਹਾ and ਕਹਾ.
--------

The above is correct.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

© 2007-2011 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib