ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Bana
Posted by: learner (IP Logged)
Date: September 24, 2007 03:49AM

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee ki fateh

I just want to know about the views of the sangat in regards to adopting a bana. What the reason is behind it? what the benefits are? the significance between bani and bana? as i have heard that bani and bana go together as one and anything extra really that anyone can share about this topic. I have heard things such as bana is making an effort for your guru, also that it is simple and it is good to keep simple, also that every army has a uniform and the bana is the khalsa faujs'uniform. Look forward to hearing the views of the sangat.

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee ki fateh

Re: Bana
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 24, 2007 06:19AM

----------
I just want to know about the views of the sangat in regards to adopting a bana. What the reason is behind it? what the benefits are? the significance between bani and bana? as i have heard that bani and bana go together as one and anything extra really that anyone can share about this topic. I have heard things such as bana is making an effort for your guru, also that it is simple and it is good to keep simple, also that every army has a uniform and the bana is the khalsa faujs'uniform. Look forward to hearing the views of the sangat.
---------

Sardar Raghbir Singh Bir a famous Sikh mystical writer writes a very interesting incident of his life. For long time in his life, he used to tie his beard. At one point in his life he decided to open his beard and the difference he noticed after opening his beard was great. He writes that only after stop tying your beard do you realise the great feeling one feels. Same way, only after starting to wear baana do you realise the benefits of it. To wear baana 24 / 7 is a tough decision but its worth it. It provides spiritual protection that protects one from many ills of maya. One feels the presence of Kalgidhar Pita all the time. I have a feeling that Guru Sahib too is forced to keep honour of his baana.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 24, 2007 10:23AM

VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKeeFateh,

Veer/Bhain 'Learner' Jee,

Just as Bibayk (discerning intellect/choices) applies when Gursikhs decide how to speak, eat, the company they keep etc., so does Bibayk apply when it comes to what we wear...

People should ask themselves 'why don't i wear Bana as much as possible'. Some people can't because of work-related uniform restrictions but those who can should take full benefit...why don't they?

As Veer Kulbir Singh says, people will automatically realise the benefits it brings...to their lifestyle, to their everyday interactions, to their state of mind etc.

Aside from this, do we not all feel overjoyed when we see little Gursikhs wearing Bana? Does not Maharaaj Jee, as our Pita Jee and Mata Jee,feel the same when They see Their sons and daughters wearing Bana?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2007 09:52AM

did bhai randhir singh wear a bana?

Posted by: harveen_singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2007 02:29PM

i think a lot of people think of the nihang chola when they hear the word baana.
that is a part of your baana, but so is kurta pajaama (but a decent one;) and the dastaar and shastar'bastars.
Baana is basicly the KHALSA UNIFORM, so yess Bhai Sahib did wear Baana.

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2007 10:59AM

If kurtha pyjama is a bana they you do you see moneh wearing it?

khalsa bana is different to some kurhta pyjama

Date: September 27, 2007 01:10PM

i agree that khalsa baana is different to some kurtey pajamey, but thats why i said a decent one ;)

Posted by: Gurnit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 05:42PM

Khalsa Bana is a chola with your shashter and a kamarkasaa ( some taksali's don't wear them).

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 07:24AM

Bana is an extremely special daat of Satguru jee. Just as a wife does shingaar for her husband, a gursikh does the shingaar of Bana and sarbloh shastars to impress Husband Waheguru and Waheguru does get impressed as well especially if the sikh is keeping good rehit to back up the bana.
And kurta pajama isnt bana but its better to wear kurta pajama than wearing pant shirt.
Basically, clothing is a method to cover this human body. And bana is the gurmat way of covering this precious human body.
Other than spiritual benefits, bana is very comfortable to wear and looks impressive to the general eye as well. I have some gora students in my college really appreciating my bana and one gori bibi wanted to get 1 stiched as well, haha.

Posted by: Gurnit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 02:51PM

Harinder Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bana is an extremely special daat of Satguru jee.
> Just as a wife does shingaar for her husband, a
> gursikh does the shingaar of Bana and sarbloh
> shastars to impress Husband Waheguru and Waheguru
> does get impressed as well especially if the sikh
> is keeping good rehit to back up the bana.
> And kurta pajama isnt bana but its better to wear
> kurta pajama than wearing pant shirt.
> Basically, clothing is a method to cover this
> human body. And bana is the gurmat way of covering
> this precious human body.
> Other than spiritual benefits, bana is very
> comfortable to wear and looks impressive to the
> general eye as well. I have some gora students in
> my college really appreciating my bana and one
> gori bibi wanted to get 1 stiched as well, haha.

Absolutely agree with the comfortable part.

Date: October 05, 2007 10:25AM

how is the kurta pajyama(gurmat one) not baana. a lot of the old jatha gursikhs wore kurtey pajamey, bhai sahib mostly wore an achkan so is a achkan not baana?
and as i said many jatha gursikhs have been wearing kurta pajama in the past and present(eg. bhai jeevan singh) so are they not "impressing" akaalpurakh?
and
im not too sure about impressing akaalpurakh because, i dont think akaalpurakh can be impressed, u can please akaalpurakh but not impress him. to please him u have to japp a lot of naam(not amount). baana is there as a "uniform", which has to be worn by a student at all times whilst hes in school.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib