ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Shabad - Sojhaayee Sai Naah
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 07:26AM

Kabir Hans Udiyo, Tann Gaadiyo, Sojhaayee Sai Naah||
Ajhoo jeeo na chhodayee Rankaayee Nainaah|| 118 ||

Professor Sahib Singh jee and Bhai Kahn Singh jee Nabha never fail to surprise me and blow me away with their superior knowledge. They both were great scholars and I love them both with all my heart but what do you do when they dont agree on a meaning? And what do you do if to add to complications Giani Bachan Singh jee of Faridkoti Teeka do different meanings?

The last two (or 3 depending on how you do padd chhed) words of the first pankiti are Sojhaayee sainaah or Sojhaayee Sai naah.

Bhai Sahib Kahn Singh jee Nabha has interpreted the first pankiti as follows:

O Kabir, the Hans (jeev aatma) is about to fly out of the body, the body is stuck and cant move, still the Jeev has not obtained soojh (realization) of Sai (self). He interprets Sojhaayee as Soojh aayee and Sai as self and Naah as nahi (no). Svai (self) di soojh aayee naa.

Professor Sahib Singh interprets it as follows:

O Kabir, the Hans is about to fly and the body is stuck i.e. very sick but the jeev is still give instructions (soojh) through sainats (sainaah) i.e. the jeev cant move his body, is about to leave his body but out of moh for this world still is giving instructions to his relatives with his eyes i.e. he is talking through his eyes. He interprets Sojhaaee as soojh only and not as Soojh aayee. He interprets Sainaah as one word meaning sainat which means to talk through eyes.

I am inclined to go with Bhai Kahn Singh Nabhas meanings here. I find that Sojhaayee Sai Naah to means Soojh aayee svai dee naa as more closer to my heart. The jeev is about to die but still he has not realized the self. The next pankiti means that as explained in the first pankiti the jeev has still not realized his self and for this reason, the jeev still does not let go of this world and his eyes express the bankruptcy or pauperism of spirituality. Rankaayee Nainaa means the spiritual bankruptcy or pauperism expressed by eyes (nainaah).

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh and who can find the end of Gurbani. We can all interpret as per intelligence blessed to us by Vaheguru himself.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2007 07:09PM by admin.

Re: Shabad - Sojhaayee Sai Naah
Posted by: Bijla Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 02:45PM

These are beautiful meanings done by Bhai Kahan Singh. I think his meanings make more sense. Just out of curiosity, which book are you reading to study Gurbani aarth done by Bhai Kahan Singh?

Re: Shabad - Sojhaayee Sai Naah
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 06:33AM

Bijla Singh jeeo,

Yes indeed, Bhai Kahn Singh's meanings are beautiful. As for the book where I got these meanings is none other than Mahan Kosh itself. If you open Mahan Kosh, it's hard to put it down. You just keep reading it and not get bored out of reading it.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib