ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Mac Donald Veg Burgar
Posted by: mpsingh86 (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 03:02AM

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Saad Sangat Ji, could u plz clear one doubt of me. Is Mac Donald Veggie Burgar is a pure veg Burgar bcz someone told me it contains minnouise.(spelling mistake). which minnouise is that

Re: Mac Donald Veg Burgar
Posted by: Xylitol (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 10:54AM

mayonnaise usually contains eggs.

btw, in Gurbani, it states that eating from people with no spiritual discipline is committing a sin equal to thousands of other sins.
so, it's best to only eat from outside when one has no choice. i know that it's hard, and a person gets cravings, but if you resist them they'll eventually pass. you can also buy veggie burgers from the store that should be better quality than the macdonalds ones to help you deal with cravings. yves veggie burgers for example.

Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 01:49PM

mpsingh86 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Saad Sangat Ji, could u plz clear one doubt of me.
Is Mac Donald Veggie Burgar is a pure veg Burgar
bcz someone told me it contains
minnouise.(spelling mistake). which minnouise is
that
-------------------------------------------------------
wjkk wjkf

believe me it would be a very good idea not to eat at mcdonalds!!!!!!!

wjkk wjkf

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 07:21PM

As "Xylitol" wrote above it's best not to from the hands of non-devotees i.e. non-Gursikhs.

Santan siyon mere leva-devi Santa siyon biyohaar||

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: SarblohKaur (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 11:41AM

I run a teen discussion group for at-risk youth. One day, the focus was on bad work-related experiences. The partipants shared their experiences of working in minimum-wage paying, unsanitary fast-food joints such as McDonalds and the like. Apart from the filth in the kitchens and other health/safety hazards, they also shared various types of "mischief" they engaged in while preparing and serving the food to unsuspecting patrons.

After hearing their sickening stories, I feel obliged to spread a warning. The stories of people finding strange things in their food aren't just flukes. A lot of the people working in these places are bitter due to the horrible working conditions, or they think they're getting some type of revenge against managements that exploit them by messing up people's meals, or they're just trying to make a buck so they do "fun" things to pass the time. They don't care much for the quality of the food they're serving and actually get a laugh out of watching people eat their "experiments".

Meat, eggs and mayonnaise aside...you really can't imagine the type of disgusting filth people consume while eating out at restaurants and especially fast-food places. It's certainly not food fit for a Gursikh.

Posted by: Xylitol (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2007 02:40PM

sounds interesting, SarblohKaur, could you elaborate?

Posted by: SarblohKaur (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 12:09PM

Just think of the nastiest things you can imagine and believe me when I say they've likely been done to the food. Everything from being stepped on by filthy shoes, being slid across the floor, having infestations of vermin where food is prepared and stored (rats, cockroaches, etc.) as well as food coming in contact with spit and other bodily fluids, not to mention body parts.

All in all, people shouldn't fool themselves into thinking that picking up a veggie burger or other meat/egg-free items from these places is acceptable because, like I said earlier, meat, eggs and mayo aside, they're likely consuming much much worse.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 01:21PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Just like to add futher to bibi ji that we heard this thing too that when you order over the phone not only to Mac Donald but any other fast food Restra as well if you ask too much for cleaniness or some thing fresh or should be ready on time etc you will get worse order. For example if you ask please do not include that thing which has eggs that will be included or if you ask please change your gloves while preparing my order then they will use most dirtiest ones. So do not trust those and as mentioned by many posters better to stay away.

If you like you can make PIZZA or some thing similar at home not a big deal but stay away from Junkies who sell just Junk food.
We like to make Jalabiyan if any one has idea HA-HA.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib