ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

life without fueland electricity
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 03:23AM

I am sorry if somebody finds my post funny or crazy but I truly feel that in the future, before the formation of khalsa raj, fuel and electricity,large majority of people in this world wont have much access to these 2 things. So are we ready to live in such a world. Imagine electricity goes, the whole world will change, countries will break and there will be thefts, rapes,murders and waht not.

thats why I feel its very important to do the following things
1. Memorize as much bani as possible
2. learn shastar vidya and always be shastar dhariii.
3. keep sarbloh and always keep a bata and kacheraa with u, nihang singhs do the same.
Infact I beg my fellow gursikhs to do these things.

Re: life without fueland electricity
Posted by: 00Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 07:20AM

Harinder Singh Ji.

I believe you have a valid point! I recommend you also read a book called "The last hours of ancient sunlight"

It's guy's theory of how the world would end up when the oil supplies run dry.

We have seen how people react nowadays with overpopulation. People in urban areas act like animals just to get seats on Public Transport, or to get into the elevators - imagine their behavior if a resource such as electricity is out!

I feel it is important that Khalsa carry suitable shastr, not the cheap "Made in China" kirpans that aren't even worthy to be called shastr.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Das

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 08:27AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Regardless of any scare one should practice what's mentioned by Harinder Singh jee. Despite the fact that khalsa practices never relies on science creations so we should not spread the word based on scare. Our Gurus never done so who knew the Aad and Ant of any universe.

If we talking about the science in this topic then we should also remember that this is the rule in science that energy can not be created and can not be destroyed but can be transformed. Today all we have to do is to lesson our dependence on fossil fuels. There is enough nuclear technology exist on this planet which can keep the planet lighten up for centuries to come and further advantage of this technology is that it is very less or no pollutant to the planet. Many advanced countries are using this technologies to produce electricity the draw back of nuclear technology is if the Uranium which is main content of this technology went into the hands of people who just think 24/7 about the destruction then that will the biggest disadvantage for entire mankind but it is capable to keep the planet lighten so there is no scare from this point.

Now regarding fossil fuels like oil and coal yes they are running out on quicker rate but still have enough if we can cut in half the usage today then they can behere more than a century than expected or even more on other hand this technology has carbon emissions which are destroying the planet right now. Being a Sikh or a conservative all we have to do is to lesson our dependence on oil and coal. In wake of this in foreign countries the commute dependence is changing day by day. Most car manufacturers are now developing alternative energy source motors (cars/trucks). Hybrid cars, Fuel cell cars, solar cars, Ethane 85, vegetable oil technology and many other technologies are on the way and if we lived enough you will see this change coming soon in masses. So, not much scare of running out the oil but as priority the scare should of CARBON EMISSIONS. We know Gursikhs are not even close to polluting this planet yet in converse with there daily routine they even preserve this planet however, we should aware our community to consume less petrol (gas), diesel and coal to prevent the imminent threat of pollution but if we have to keep using for a while because of economic reasons then a regular and proper maintenance of any fossil fuel consuming machine is required to reduce the emissions.

In last but not least the Gurmantar japp is the best key to eliminate any kind of pollution.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 08:35AM

Few years ago, in Toronto for some reason, hydro (electricity) failed for few days. It was a scenario from hell for Torontonians. Canada has almost become a cash-less society where cash is hardly used. Convenience cards and credit cards are used for shopping in 80% cases. As such, no one carries cash anymore. Now when hydro failed in Toronto, banking system also failed and no one could use their cards to buy anything. We were in such situation that we did not even have money to buy candles and nor were candles available in stores. People had picked all of them. Thank God this situation only lasted couple of days and Hydro was restored back in Toronto. There were some cases of vandalism as well.

So I agree with Veer Harinder Singh in saying that we are ill-prepared for any disaster, let alone living without Hydro or other modern luxuries. Gursikhs have Naam and they can rely on Naam for all their needs. I just remembered an interesting incident that occurred with us in India, during our 2004 visit. I was travelling from Anandpur Sahib to Jalandhar and it was night time. In India, there is so much fog during winter time that one cannot see even 10 feet further. Headlights of the car make the situation even worse. To make matters worse, people park their tractors and carts on the road and if you are travelling at even 40kms an hour, you are bound to crash into the parked vehicle.

Singhs who were travelling with us told us not to travel at that time but I had to go because of some important work. Now we were stuck near Banga and Nawanshahr and could not park our car on the side for the fear of getting crashed into by vehicles in the back and nor we were able to travel because I could not see anything at all. At one time, I lost all hopes of ever getting home. We could not go back and could not go forward.

In this distressing time, Guru Sahib did kirpa and I remembered the great Mahavaak from Siri Sukhmani Sahib:

Jeh Paindai Maha Andh Ghubaara||
Har Ka Naam Sang Ujiyaara||
(On the path, where there is extremely blinding fog. The Naam of Hari would serve as light for you there).

What a great comfort it was to remember this Mahavaak. I started repeating this pankiti and then japped Gurmantr along with my family for hardly 2 minutes that a car from behind came and overtook us. The driver of this car was driving so confidently that it seemed he was equiped with infra-red equipment. The key to travel during fog is to follow closely another vehicle. The vehicle in front of you takes all the risk and you just have to follow it by looking at the red backlights of the vehicle. This guy was travelling at the speed of 80-90km an hour. I don't know how. Visibility was next to zero. We just followed him and were able to reach our destination without any problem.

So what we need is poonji of Naam and Gurbani. The times of adversity are then easy to overcome.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: staffsv (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 02:39PM

Guru Sahib ji was jaani jaan. He would have taught or advised sikhs to know the NUCLEAR POWer but he insisted on SHASTAR VIDIYA. So ther must be a reason behind it. I've heard some people saying "whats the fun of learning GATKA when its a world of nuclear power" " What would a sword do in front of a bomb or a machine gun etc."
But if we all foloow guru ji's principles, it would help us sometime somewhere....

Date: January 15, 2008 01:17AM

<<There is enough nuclear technology exist on this planet which can keep the planet lighten up for centuries to come and further advantage of this technology is that it is very less or no pollutant to the planet.>>

Veer, I feel this nuclear technology too will create conflicts with the nature. Plus there is always a chance of leakage which can result in large number of deaths and the effects would impact futue generations.So to feel that nuclear energy will solve the problems, no, right now the nature is COMPLETELY disturbed.Use of nuclear technology will only increase this. I have been doing some reading on global warming and man, this world is pretty near on the verge of destruction. Everything science has made, has disturbed teh nature. Even the elelctronis/ computers are disturbning the nature as the elecronics waste is a huge problem.This science is just a form of maya but many present day gursikhs dont understand this, its just naam de dhill.Waheguru jee just wanted his children to japp naam, all this science has just come out of TRISHNA. This science is just messing around with 5 tatts, they cant generate a 6th tatt.Science has completely ruined the world.

Date: January 15, 2008 01:25AM

Another thing we need to undestrand is that science cant generate energy. It only convertes Waheguru jee's given enery(which can be both renewable or non-renewable) into man made enery forms like chemical enery, eleltrical enery.This conversion disturbs nature. We all nkow how non-renwable sources are distrubing nature like petrol, coal etc conversion into electricity. But even conversion of renewable sources of enery like wind elextricity, hydroelectriciy disturbs nature. A brahamgyani will know all about it but there is no doubt that this conversion of energy disturbs nature. So to feel that electriciy out of renewalble sources will solve everything is just naam de dhill.If somebody finds me crazy, then so be it, but I think there will be NO electriciy in khalsa raj,just wait to see this,lol, haha.

Date: January 15, 2008 08:04AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harinder Singh jio,

We think either veer jio you are missing or we could not explain well the point we made in begining of our post that "Despite the fact that khalsa practices never relies on science creations so we should not spread the word based on scare".

Again we think we should continue those practices out of prem (love) regardless of any scare from Fuel or Electricity. We all know this is maya and this maya will continue in different roops (as we exlpained above based on science findings) on this planet as long as Akaal Purkh wanted to in other words in His Bhana (ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ). Gursikhi da marg is PREMA BHAGTI DA MARG so why we worry based on this maya.

GURMUKH MAYA VICH UDASSI

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: January 16, 2008 12:53AM

Pyare veer jeo
agree with u. The purpose of my post wast that amrithdaris shud memorize lots of bani. There are many amritdharis who dont even have their nitnem kanth.This shud be done immediately. Then shastar vidya shud be learnt. Its true that if a person japps naam 24 persons, Satguru jee will protect this singh by providing shaheed singhan da pehra but we cant expect the whole panth to japp naam 24 hours.Even a person who is wearing kakkaars and is somehow avoiding 4 cardinal sins is our brother sikh and he needs to get shastardhari and learn some shastar vidya, otherwise there will be only repentance and beadbi. Bhai Sahib has written has written tht 4 jugan da niberra is preety near and somehow i feel its extremely near, its almost time.

Date: January 16, 2008 03:21AM

<<Again we think we should continue those practices out of prem (love) regardless of any scare from Fuel or Electricity. We all know this is maya and this maya will continue in different roops (as we exlpained above based on science findings) on this planet as long as Akaal Purkh wanted to in other words in His Bhana (ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ). Gursikhi da marg is PREMA BHAGTI DA MARG so why we worry based on this maya. >>

Veer, everyting other than naam is maya.And Gursikh does bhog maya. For example food we eat is maya, clothes we wear is maya, Words we speak(other than gurbani) has a bit of maya/haume in it too, but all this maya does not disturb nature. Science has completely disturbed and ruined the nature and the world and its a pitty that present days sikhs dont understand this. If a solid pakka naam jappan vale gursikh dint attend worldly schools and colleges. these days nobody will want to marry that "unparr" person. Thats a COMPLETE COMPLETE COMPLETE COMPLETE shame. Even decent naam jappan vale gursikhs want their kids to become engineers, managers, doctors. I find this very wrong. If somebody finds my views completely mad, hahaha, koi chakkar nahin, lol.

Posted by: satnam22 (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2008 10:17PM

WJKK WJKF

Dear veer Harinder Singh Ji, I don't find your views completely mad. In fact, I feel that they are almost prophetic! Your views and those of some oil industry insiders make me feel very uneasy and nervous about the future of the world. I would encourage you and sangat to watch the Australian documentary CRUDE about peak oil and global warming. Its very interesting without being too sensationalist and paints a grim picture about the worlds future. You can download it from here (using a torrent client):
[www.mininova.org]

Khalsaspirit ji, you say a fair comment that alternative energy is available. However I disagree that ANY alternative can replace fossil fuels for the worlds energy needs. In India they already have a wheat shortage. Can you imagine if they had to create their fuel from wheat/corn crops as well? Effectively their fuel crops would be competing with their food crops. Solar, wind, ethanol etc just does not have the energy DENSITY of other sources. If you think about it, a cup of petrol can drive your 1 ton car up a 1000m hill! Its that powerful. However, nuclear could be a possibility for just making electricity as you pointed out.

Harinder Singh ji, could you please elaborate on "4 jugan da niberra" ? What has bhai sahib written on this?

Date: January 18, 2008 11:48PM

Pyare Veerji,
I was quickly going through Bhai Sahib's book "karam philosophy" and in this book Bhai Sahib has written about 4 juggan da niberra.Its a great book,even great is an extremely small word to express the greatness of the book. Dhan Dhan Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee.

From what I understood, Bhai Sahib has written that Naam is the supreme karam and no other karam comeS anywhere near to Naam abhiyaas karam.By naam I ONLY mean Gurmat Naam which can ONLY be received from Satguru Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj Jee.Though karams involving sat, santokh, sanyam, jat, yaggyas etc did hold importance in previous yuggs like satyug,dvapar, treta(these karams have become redundant now)), but even these karams were not capable to break the hold of maya.Naam is the sreshat karam from the beginning of the creation and its only in Kaliyug, that it has become available to mortals relatively easily.
Now 4 juggan da niberra means naam de mahima, naam de jitt, the whole world bowing to Naam. Right now if u tell somebody that people with surmayee banas, sarbloh batas and swords are going to rule the world and even the great scietifically advanced armies are going to submit before such people, well this world wont believe u, infact they will call u completely mad. But this is whats going to happen in the future.Somehow I feel its just about to happen and we will be seeing it in our lifetimes. EXTREMELY powerful souls are going to become leaders of the panth and and the dushts who are at present extremely arrogant about theie power are going to be taught a lesson.But before this khalsa raj comes, there is going to be destruction and wars all over the world(many wars might be out of the energy crisis or fight for resources, wars due to man made religions like hindusim, islam, christianity and judaism) and I feel particularly the indian region might be the most affected and its here where the khalsa will get set up first before spreading all over the world.
WHAT A PLAY!
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
DEG TEG FATEH
PANTH KE JEET.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 20, 2008 02:52PM

What is Bhai Kulbir Singhs views on Bhai Harinder Singhs views on Khalsa raj, do you think khalsa raaj will come soon??

Date: January 20, 2008 10:21PM

Just to add 1 more thing,the key to the establishment of Khalsa Raj is Punj Pyare. I feel Satguru is going to give panth 5 brahamgyani singhs in the near future. Right now there is so much khilaara and disunity, that without these 5singhs, there is not much hope for the panth(and the world) and Satguru/Waheguru jee knows this, thats why I feel Satguru jee is going to save His panth and send 5 brahamgyanis. Now whether these souls have come on earth or not. well only SAtguru jee knows. My intution is that yes they are here and may be one of us might be the ONE, lol haha.
ANother thing I will say is that Khalsa Raj is enevitable, but to predict the exact year or something similar is just haumme,khuaari. Bass naam jappe jaoo sabb kuch sahmnne aa jana.

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2008 09:58AM

veer harinder singh ji, if you havent already, have a read of In search of the True Guru (By bhai rama singh ji) its surprising how similar your ideas are compared to the vision of Khalsa Raj Bhai Sahib had.

Date: January 21, 2008 11:48PM

Dear veer,
I did buy this book but couldnt read it. But a singh did tell me about some of things written in this book. It was pretty impressive. But most of my views are based on reading a section of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's book karam philosophy and my own strong intution. Sometimes we have strong intutions and something tells us that this intution is true, thats all i am having,intutions. I am not a baba(not yet,lol,haha) who has seen the future. Also sometimes doing solid naam abhiyaas, one gets phurrnas which are different frm ohter routine phurrnas and some force tells that these phurrnas are true.I cant explain it in words properly.but 1 thing is sure, the future is going to be horrible(before khalsa raj).Even the disaster of world war 2 is absolutely nuthing compared to what might happen. Present day humans have broken(infact made a joke of) all laws of Waheguru. Adultery has become a routine time pass hobby. Now Waheguru jee is going to show His power.Karmas of people in subcontinent especially India are so terrible that uuffffffffffffff, I dont wanna stay in this region in the future, I wanna run to some safer place,lol. Waheguru save meee..... Kindly allow kakkaar wearing during air travel.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 22, 2008 01:59PM

Harinder Singh paa jee I don't think we really need to worry about the future on what happens, everything is within his bhaana and he does things as he pleases!! All we need to do is make 100% effort it out rehit, naam abyiaas, gurbani and important earn greebi which is the hardest. The rest is in his grace!!

Also having knowledge is a very powerful instrument,however one can get haumai, we must remain aware.

Date: January 22, 2008 08:42PM

Dear Veerji
I agree we shud not worry about anything including future, but we shud always be ready and prepared for something disastrous. Right now sikhs are living easy lives, Satguru has given lots of maya to HIs sikhs, as these days sikhs ask for maya and the puratan sikhs used to ask for Naam.I feel sikhs need to lessen the bandhan or bonds of maya,then charrdikala will automatically happen and difficult situations wont seem difficult. Even sleeping on a horse or living on black chollas would be enjoyable.I feel singhs need to again live in jungle to get the puratan style charrdikala.
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA.

Date: February 04, 2008 02:01AM

great great website
[www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net]

the owner of the site seems to be a honest straight person. God bless him,lol
The civilization is about to end, thats whats explained(very well) in the site.
Singhs need to get ready. Its time.

Raj Karega khalsa
aake rahe na koi
khuaar ho sab milange
BACHE SHARAN JO HOYE.

We need to take the sharan of Naam/gurbani/tatt gurmat and we need to do it QUICKLY as there isnt much time left.The biggest castastrophe of human history(4 juggs) is about to start.(2 years or 5 years or 10 years, Waheguru jee knows)According to me its 5-10 years,lol
GATKA sikhnna te Gurbani kanth karrna shud be the top top top priorities of amritdharis(naam tan 24 ghante he jappanna chahida)

Date: February 04, 2008 02:36PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harinder Singh jio,

Good alarming article for luxary dependents but for Gursikhs

ਚਿੰਤਾ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਕੀਜੀਐ ਜੋ ਅਨਹੋਨੀ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਇਹੁ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਕੋ ਨਾਨਕ ਥਿਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥੫੧॥
Only then one should worry, if a thing, not expected to happen, comes to pass.
This is the way of the world. None is ever stable, O Nanak.

ਜੋ ਉਪਜਿਓ ਸੋ ਬਿਨਸਿ ਹੈ ਪਰੋ ਆਜੁ ਕੈ ਕਾਲਿ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਇ ਲੇ ਛਾਡਿ ਸਗਲ ਜੰਜਾਲ ॥੫੨॥
Whosoever is born, he must perish. Every one shall fall today or tomorrow.
O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and give up all other entanglements.

ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਜਪ ਲਉ ਨਾਮ ਜਿੰਨਾ ਵੀ ਜਪ ਹੁੰਦਾ।

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib