ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Bajjar kurehits
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 16, 2008 11:55PM

I was thinking about the 4 cardinal sins that are capable of breaking the Amrit. Any other sin other than these 4 cardinal sins wont break the amrit. But what if an amritdhari out of anger or greed kills some innocent. There have been cases of kisan amrithdaris fighting and killing in the past. If killing an animal for eating purpose breaks the amrit, shudnt killing of a mortal break the amrit as well ??? I am just unable to find an answer to this.

Re: Bajjar kurehits
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2008 08:02AM

I never thought of this in this way. There is no doubt that killing is a huge sin and so are many other sins that are not included in 4 bajjar kurehits. As an example, consumption of tobacco seems to be a lighter sin than killing someone or many other sins because consuming tobacco is just hurting yourself where as many other sins cause damage to both the offender and other people as well. Having said that, we need to understand that only Guru Sahib knows what was the criteria for constituting bajjar kurehits. What can we mortal beings know. Whatever Guru Sahib has done, we should accept, with bowed head.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2008 08:49AM

Killing people isnt the same as the bujjar kurehits because it is not something that you are doing to yourself e,g, consuming meat.

Date: January 18, 2008 12:32AM

Yes, i got it. Thanks a lot to both Kulbir Singh Jee and No one Jee.
Have some more questions about bajjar kurehits.
1. iF hair gets removed unintentionally, say by wearing a big heavy karra, is this bajjar? I personally feel its not a bajjar by any strect of imagination but I have some singhs tell me its bajjar.

2. If somebody consumes tobacco or meat unintentionally, is this bajjar ?? I personally dont think its bajjar but almost all singhs tell me this is bajjar.

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: January 18, 2008 09:14AM

1. iF hair gets removed unintentionally, say by wearing a big heavy karra, is this bajjar? I personally feel its not a bajjar by any strect of imagination but I have some singhs tell me its bajjar.

2. If somebody consumes tobacco or meat unintentionally, is this bajjar ?? I personally dont think its bajjar but almost all singhs tell me this is bajjar.

----------------

^^ I dont think it is a bujjar kurehit because you didnt do it intentionally. If someone gets raped, will that make it a bujjar kurehit?

Posted by: Singh5 (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2008 04:28PM

Veer Jeeo,

-----------
-----------

I personally feel if wearing a particular sized/ shape kaRa is removing your roam, then you should change to one that suits. Most kaRay will to some extent rub off hairs, some more than others. Since your noticing it although your not intending to remove kesh, you should find an alternative kaRa. Sarbloh ofcourse.

-----------
-----------

If only we all surrended to the ideals of Gurmat. If one kept bibek, (cooked at home, prepared food made by rehetvaan, trustworthy gursikhs) then there would be a VERY low chance (if one at all) of accidently consuming tabacco/ meat. I personally would take even an 'accidental' consumption of tabacco/ meat to be a bujjhar kuretth due to the uncarelessness.

Only our own stupidty can only lead to committing bujjar kurettha, unless faced in extreme circumstances.

Gustaaki maaf Veer Jeeo

Posted by: Balpreet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2008 05:30PM

1) I've asked a very chardi kala Singh from Bhai Sahib's time about this. He himself noticed that some of the kes on my arm had been rubbed by my kara. When I asked whether I should change my kara, he said, "Singhs don't worry about things like that." If there is no intention, then I say it is fine. If it's giving you grief worrying about it, or its in effect removing much more kes than is normal, then change it.

2) Only the punj pyaaray can decide on a case by case basis. From what I know however, if someone accidentally inhales tobbaco smoke, it is not a fault. I also know of a young (bibeki) Singh whose family put meat soup in his daal. He got peshed and was given a choola and not considered a bujjer kurehitee.

In Gurmat as far as I know, intention is supreme. If in the latter case, someone purposely was careless and eating random things, then perhaps it may be considered more harshly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 05:51PM by admin.

Date: January 22, 2008 01:24AM

Dear Singh5
Agree with u. Even if someone doesnt consume tobacco/meat. eating from niguras means eating their jooth.Niguras have no clue about khalsa suchamtayee so eating from them is like eating their saliva, urine and even laterine,lol.
I have seen so many times a gol-gappe selling bhaya going to road side, doing sussu or laterine and just droping a few drops of water(no soap) on his hands after that, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Actually, I was asked this question by a non-bibeki aatma, and I wasnt sure of the answer.

Posted by: chatrik (IP Logged)
Date: January 22, 2008 01:41AM

Veer Balpreet singh really made the POINT....
it all boils down to one's "intention"...

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib