ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Sikhs: They Don't Want You Here
Posted by: Sardar Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 12:03PM

I was born and have lived my entire life in Canada. As of a couple years however, I've realised one thing: they don't want us here.

I'm a Canadian citizen but I'll never be "Canadian". Frankly I don't want to be, because I'm satisfied with my identity as a Sikh but it's disconcerting that I will never 'belong' here. No matter what happens, Sikhs are going to be outsiders.

If a Sikh asks for any accommodation either for the dastaar or anything else, this may surprise you, but the vast majority of white Canadians can't stand it. The educated ones will hide their disdain while if you have to guts to go to the more rural settings or 'lower class' areas, you'll be yelled at and told very directly what they think of your presence here.

You can have lived here for generations but if you're a Sikh you'll be told to either play by the 'rules' or "go home".

Which makes me think. What home do we as Sikhs have? Is there anywhere I can go and practice Sikhi freely? Is there anywhere I can as a Sikh live with dignity and ensure my children are treated with respect?

There's no where. And that's the tragedy of our community. We know deep down we aren't wanted here or anywhere else and we live as guests but we have no where else to go.

Re: Sikhs: They Don't Want You Here
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 01:14PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Do not get discouraged by the surroundings. Khalsa never been welcomed by manmukhs living on this planet. Do you think they belong to here? Forget it under the Maya the manmukhs thinks this my country that is my land but actually they are just renters no one stay on this planet, every one have to leave. If manmukhs can not understand this truth then so what let them be indulge with their fake assumptions their county or whatever. If you are practitioner Sikh the best thing is when ever you face this situation always remember the Sri Guru Dev Ji's Sakhi where they went to a village and wished the residents to "UJJAR JAO". These feelings are mere tests for Sikhs and do not forget KHALSA will rule one day on this planet and these are just part of preparations. Be solid consider them the other way around. They do not belong to this planet yet see the Akal Purakh still nurturing them. Do not get upset, we were not even welcomed what suppose to be our back home. You are born here you belong to this land there is no one who can challenge you that. One more thing we should not forget Barking dogs can never stop the masat chall elephant So yes here khalsa represent that Elephant who is masat with his Guru and Akal Purakh. Let the manmukhs bark loud n loud and let them boil their blood.

Masat Rahoo. Guru Guru Karoo.

NANAK CHINTA MATT KARO CHINTA TIS HE HAY

So if you have BHAROSA (faith) on Guru Sahib keep doing good deeds he will take care rest.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 01:31PM

Don't get disheartened. Guru Sahib is with us all the time. Everyone in this world is in control of Vaheguru. If Vaheguru is on our side, we need not worry about anyone else.

As Khalsaspirit jee has stated above, manmukhs will always oppose Gurmukhs. Gurbani says too - "Gurmukh siyon Manmukh aRay".

Gur mere Sang sada hai naalay||
Simar Simar tiss sada smaalay||

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 08:40PM

Veeray Sikhs are rocking even in places like the Middle East, and daas is witness to it. Do not worry a single bit.

Posted by: Marad Khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2007 05:54AM

and when people ask me...you people are supposed to be vegetarian..bibekis and all that...BUT you all rush headlong to countries that are meat consumers in such huge proportions..no such thing as any bibeki or such...take uss, canada..meat is everywhere..smoking, alcohol, drugs..yet sikhs from punjab buy their way in and try any which way to get into such a land..are they thinking they can convert us all into vegetarian bibekis ? those who rush to dubai kuwait etc go into hallal muslim nations..everything anti-sikh..all these illegal smugled input from punajb includes babas and mahapurashes who also smuggle chelas in... why dont the sikhs stay back in punjab and make everyoen amritdharee bibeki vegetarian and stop all dera business...as they say aappnnee peehrre hath sota phero..fir kanada challo..i feel all those bibekis who ran away from punjab are cowards - its so much easier to be bibeki in punjab...as malliahnwalleh singhs can attest - thats why they dont want to go kanada at all

Marad Khalsa

Posted by: Sardar Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2007 03:09PM

I think that we need to take a realistic look at the situation. We might feel confident but at the same time we are dependent on governments to decide if and how we can follow our faith. If the government says no kirpans allowed, we have to take them off. If they say that they want to feel your dastaar, what option do you have? If they say no dastaar at all, then what will you do? That's what has happened in France.

At the same time I think Bhai Marad Khalsa is also being unrealistic about Sikhi in Punjab. First of all, many of us were born outside in Canada or elsewhere so comments about leaving, etc. don't apply. There are also many other bibekis who found out about Sikhi after leaving Punjab. What should they do?

I also think it's not true that following bibek is easier in Punjab. What is bibek? We can't simplify it to simply drinking milk supplied by Singhs alone. I agree that's a part of it but it's not the paramount feature of bibek. Punjab's groundwater is polluted. The vegetables and fruit have poisonous pesticide which is turning up in the milk as well. Also, it's an accepted fact that you have to work within the corrupt system of bribes, etc. if you want to carry on your business in Punjab.

But looking further, it has only been 15 years since hundreds of thousands of Sikhs were butchered in Punjab. We haven't been able to do a thing. We accept their rule meekly. Singhs in Punjab can't talk about Khalsa Raj without feeling fear for their security.

My point is that we aren't living freely in Canada or outside. At the same time, it's a dream if you think Sikhs are free in Punjab either. My point was, that there is no where we can say Sikhs are completely free.

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 05:53AM

Pyare veer
the whole world is the property of gursikhs, so we are no outsiders.
Plus I feel that its all about Naam. IF we japp naam day night, even the naughty manmukhs cooperate and behave properly.Satguru Jee is inside every living being and Satguru Jee keeps the honour of His Naam jappan vala singh.
All this worldy citizenships are false and temporary. A sikh shud only aim to become Sachkhandian,lol. All this knedddian, amrekkan etc are 4 din diyan gallan.

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2007 02:48PM

I have decided my only home is within the walls of Khalsa's world embassies i.e. gurdwara and when not there i have a dodgy visa for entry to the safe house of my own body were i seek refugee status which is very forthcoming by uttering waheguru........i do hope one day to belong to a great country as i am preparing for immigration to Sach khand or at least become an illegal immigrant via gian khand......LoL...........but on a serious note I feel sardars singhs hurt and pain for it is the same with me but i decided to immigrate to canada as i am sure i will feel comfortable as i actually will be an immigrant and outsider so sardar singh come over here to the UK and thus concentrate on being at one with your khalsa countrymen and not that fake idea of home and belonging to man made countries which are nothing more than battery farms for the exploitation of man by the rich and powerful.

Posted by: confused (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2007 01:19AM

eae man math janae har dhoor hai sadha vekh hadoor sudh sunda sudh vekhda shabad reheya bharpoor

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2007 07:34AM

I feel that a lot of problems of present day amrithdaris are due to their own karni. After getting pesh, i was amazed to see how desperate many amritdharis are in moving to west and can fall to any level. They use the pure sanskaar of anand karaj for immigration, they lie at embassies, and many used the khalistan movement to settle abroad as well and the people who actually suffered are either dead or still in punjab.
Going abroad isnt bad but one shud do so under the bhanaa of Satguru jee and if ones goes abroad under the bhanaa of Satguru jee, Satguru jee will take care of His sikh as well.But selling out to maya and running to west will only give DUKH as this maya is naganni and has eaten the entire world.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib