ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

NRI Sikh honoured by US magazine
Posted by: News (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2007 05:05AM

A young Indian American Sikh entrepreneur has been awarded the Rising Star award by a US magazine for his contribution in the area of political consulting in the country.

Ravi Singh, CEO of ElectionMall, a top campaign and election technology company, was honoured June 8 by the Campaigns & Elections magazine.

"We expect great things from the 2007 Rising Stars," said Morgan E Felchner, editor of Campaigns & Elections said.

"Through their achievements, they are proving that success truly has no limits," he added.

Established in 1999, ElectionMall provides candidates and political parties with the necessary online tools, services and products to help them win elections via the Internet. Currently, the firm is assisting several 2008 presidential candidates, a press release said.

"This honour means a great deal as it is a recognition from my colleagues," said Singh. "It proves that anything is possible in America. Identity should not be a hindrance to anyone, even after the events of 9/11. Technology and politics are my passions and I look forward to what lies ahead."

Born in Aurora, Illinois, Singh was not allowed to wear the turban at a US military academy, which prompted Senator Paul Simon and Congressman Dennis Hastert introduce legislation on his behalf that eventually was signed in 1987 by the then president Ronald Reagan.

Ultimately, Singh became the first Indian American Sikh to graduate from the academy with full military honours as a second lieutenant.

Singh has been described as the 'Campaign Guru' by the USA Today magazine.

Re: NRI Sikh honoured by US magazine
Posted by: mandeep (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 12:36AM

good to see sikhs in politics thats were power is.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib