ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Learning New Gurbani
Posted by: silahiwala (IP Logged)
Date: February 04, 2008 02:45PM

Gurfateh!

1. When intending to learn new bani should we learn the minimum ordained dasam granth bani from our nitnem and all the rest that we attempt to learn, should that be guroo Granth Sahib bani and then after being able to recite Guroo Granth Sahib then move on to learn more Dasam Granth Bani?

2. Do we only need to learn minimum nitnem Dasam Granth Bani and the rest Guru Granth Sahib bani to attain salvation as Guru Granth Sahib is perfection/Akaal Purakh itself? And is Dasam Granth Bani mainly only for Bir Rass/Fighting spirit?

Re: Learning New Gurbani
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2008 05:12AM

The first thing u shud be doing is to learn nitnem(set of 7 banis). After that I feel you shud start to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj because you shud be listening to your Guru regularly. Side by side you should start reciting Dasam Bani as Dasam Bani is Gurbani and is OUT OF THIS WORLD.All Gurbani is of same standard, whether its in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee or in Sri Dasam Granth. I feel present day singhs need to become strong abhiyaasis of Sri Dasam Granth.
<<Dasam Granth Bani mainly only for Bir Rass/Fighting spirit>>
Dasam Bani does contain lots of Bir Rass but to say its ONLY for bir rass, that will be wrong.Dasam Bani is full of jewels and one of the prominent jewels is Bir rass.
And this Bir rass is also present in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and this Bir rass is also present in Naam /Gurmantar.Gurbani/Naam kills haume/ego and this haumme is the source of chintaa, hope, fear.When haumme goes, chintaa goes, fear goes, and one just wishes to die at the feet of Satguru Jee.
So to associate Bir rass only with Dasam Bani, well.. thats not right.

Re: Learning New Gurbani
Posted by: silahiwala (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2008 12:45PM

thank u singhji, this has completely opened up new thinking for me. GUROO!

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib