ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

young sikh student killed in violence
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: February 13, 2008 06:57PM

[in.news.yahoo.com]

Thu, Feb 14 03:21 AM

Following the death of a student on the school premises, the management of DAV School at Bistupur in Jamshedpur is under fire. The parents of the victim, Harsdip (9), have charged principal Papia Mukherjee and the school staff with negligence in providing adequate security to students.

The incident occurred on February 8 when three of Harsdip's classmates (Class II) assaulted him just outside the school gate. According to Paramjit Singh, the victim's father, his younger son Sukhdip (6), who was at the spot, ran to tell Games teacher Kavita Swai about his elder brother being beaten up but got no response. Following this, Sukhdip went home to inform his mother Rajwint Kaur about the incident. Kaur rushed to the spot and took Harsdip to the Tata Medical College and Hospital where he was declared brought dead.

Post-mortem report established the cause of death as head injury. The police have filed a case under Section 304 of the IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) against the three accused but have not arrested them so far.

"Several times Harsdip had complaint that the three of his classmates used to rag him. I always told him to keep himself away from them. I also went to the school and told the principal about it. But no step was taken from their side," Kaur alleged.

Although Papia Mukherjee was not available for comment, her school staff told The Indian Express that the management was not aware of the motive behind the crime. "We have no knowledge if Harsdip was locked in any feud with the accused," they said. "We are inquiring into the matter."

Jamshedpur SP Naveen Singh said the investigation had not established how Harsdip received head injury. "The viscera was sent for examination to ascertain the exact cause of his death. We know he was beaten up. But we do not know if he was hit on his head. Till our inquiry is complete, we will not proceed against the accused."

Days after the tragic incident, as the police are yet to take a any concrete step, the victim's family is a shattered lot. Since his brother's death, Sukhdip does not want to go to school. He wants his mother around him all the time. "He is just not leaving me," said Kaur and added: "In his (Harsdip) absence, he neither picks up the book nor plays. Most of the time he is quiet."

"We have told him that he will no longer study in this school. We are going to get him admitted in some other school," said Paramjit Singh. Paramjit is a basketball coach with Tata Steel.

they havnt mentioned the apparent reason for ragging..........i just hope its not the saroop.........i am waiting for more news to turn up.....

by GOD we need to get our kids kharkoo from a young age and stop that lolu-polu sonu monu thing .......coz these guys wont lets us be...........i remember a guy hitting my patka when i was yound and often did that.........i had tough times then ....i would have killed him now....... jo adde so jhade.....

waheguru bless the little kid............

Re: young sikh student killed in violence
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 15, 2008 04:01AM

<<they havnt mentioned the apparent reason for ragging..........i just hope its not the saroop.........i am waiting for more news to turn up.....

by GOD we need to get our kids kharkoo from a young age and stop that lolu-polu sonu monu thing .......coz these guys wont lets us be...........i remember a guy hitting my patka when i was yound and often did that.........i had tough times then ....i would have killed him now....... jo adde so jhade..... >>

pyare veeriyaaaa, what u wrote is very true. When I was in school I was very very paddaakuu, i used to wear a pattkaa and hindu students used to mock my joorraa, 12 0 clock jokes etc. But as I grew older, I started to wear turban make nice sikh friends and then these hindu students started calling me paajii paaji,lol.THen after schhol I got my hair cut, went to college and hindu students both boys and girls treated me like hero,lol There is a mentality in india to annoy young simple pattka wearing sikh boys by telling jokes or calling them names. Its high time that we make good quality schools run by gursikhs and not run by the turban wearing laalchi,bhekhi, neech,corrupt,fake,darpokk,haramkhor ghattiyaa people.Sikh kids shud love all human beings but shud only do sangat of fellow sikhs and this shud start from the childhood. no doubt about this.

Re: young sikh student killed in violence
Posted by: mandeep (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2008 08:26PM

harinder sing what part of india you go to school

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib