ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Being Non-Amritdhari
Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 12:38PM

What does sangat think is the furthest stage one can reach if being under instruction of Guroo Sahib, but just hasnt taken amrit (may be preparing to do so, but that is unrelated to the question).
In terms of effect of naam on that soul, what about different khands etc, how far does a non-amritdhari get?
What is the best place to be in spirituality (apart from rehit) before asking for amrit?
How much of a difference does past life make in relation to how far you are now, is it possible that naam could be remembered from the past janam?
Just interested to see what everyone thinks.

Re: Being Non-Amritdhari
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 04, 2007 06:35AM

---------
What does sangat think is the furthest stage one can reach if being under instruction of Guroo Sahib, but just hasnt taken amrit (may be preparing to do so, but that is unrelated to the question).
----------

One cant be under the instruction of Guru and not have taken amrit. The greatest and the single most important instruction of Guru Sahib is to japp Naam. Without first accepting Guru Sahib as your Guru and without Guru Sahib having accepted you as his Sikh, Naam japna is not possible. The amrit ceremony is really Naam-dispatching ceremony where Naam-Amrit is given officially to the new seekers. Amrit chhakna is the first instruction as per the following hukamnama:

Prathme Rehit yeh jaan, Khanday kee Pahul Chhakay||
(Consider this to be the first rehit Drink Khanday dee pahul i.e. amrit).

Sikhi begins with Amrit chhakna.

---------
In terms of effect of naam on that soul, what about different khands etc, how far does a non-amritdhari get?
--------

I am not sure how far one can get without Amrit Chhak. According to Gurmat, one cant pass the first khand i.e. Dharam Khand without Guru. Jamm doots dont spare a person who does not have a Guru. In my humble opinion, one will stay stuck in heaven and hell without Guru.

----------
What is the best place to be in spirituality (apart from rehit) before asking for amrit?
---------

In my humble opinion, one should be as fluent as possible in doing Gurbani Paath.

How much of a difference does past life make in relation to how far you are now, is it possible that naam could be remembered from the past janam?
-----------

Yes its surely possible to remember previous lifes bhagti and some people in this janam really start to japp Naam, without even going through Amrit initiation. Such people should realise that this is their previous janams kamaayee they are living on. They must accept Guru in this life by chhakking Amrit, otherwise such kirpa that they have will be short lived.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2007 12:05PM

thanks for the answers, that post really made me think. I agree with you that before taking amrit you cant be called a Sikh, but one other question I've had for a while, is what exactly would you call someone like me? Like i have a wikid loving relationship with Guroo Sahib Ji and I'm getting myself complelty ready before going for amrit, I'm sure lots of people are at the same place as me, where do they fit in to Guroo Sahib's kaum exactly?

"Yes its surely possible to remember previous lifes bhagti and some people in this janam really start to japp Naam, without even going through Amrit initiation. Such people should realise that this is their previous janams kamaayee they are living on. They must accept Guru in this life by chhakking Amrit, otherwise such kirpa that they have will be short lived."
Cool, so does this kamayee get used up if amrit isnt taken in time?

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2007 04:55PM

-----
Cool, so does this kamayee get used up if amrit isnt taken in time?
-------

I believe so.

Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib