ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ / Hukamnama Sahib - 9/3/08
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 09, 2008 06:06AM

ਸੂਹੀਮਹਲਾ5॥
ਜੀਵਤਮਰੈਬੁਝੈਪ੍ਰਭੁਸੋਇ॥
ਤਿਸੁਜਨਕਰਮਿਪਰਾਪਤਿਹੋਇ॥੧॥
ਸੁਣਿਸਾਜਨਇਉਦੁਤਰੁਤਰੀਐ॥
ਮਿਲਿਸਾਧੂਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਉਚਰੀਐ॥੧॥
ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਏਕਬਿਨਾਦੂਜਾਨਹੀਜਾਨੈ॥
ਘਟਘਟਅੰਤਰਿਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁਪਛਾਨੈ॥੨॥
ਜੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੈਸੋਈਭਲਮਾਨੈ॥
ਆਦਿਅੰਤਕੀਕੀਮਤਿਜਾਨੈ॥੩॥
ਕਹੁਨਾਨਕਤਿਸੁਜਨਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ॥
ਜਾਕੈਹਿਰਦੈਵਸਹਿਮੁਰਾਰੀ॥੪॥੧੫॥੨੧॥

- why are both of the first 2 pankteea(n) numbered as ੧?

- how does the panktee ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤ ਕੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਜਾਨੈ॥੩॥ relate to the meaning of the general shabad?

does ਆਦਿ refer to birth and ਅੰਤ to ਮਿਲਾਪ ਪਰਮੇਸ਼ੁਰ ਨਾਲ (union with vaheguroo)? is this describing a chicken and egg situation...without ਮਿਲਾਪ, how can one understand their ਮੂਲ (origin) i.e. beginning? without understanding their ਮੂਲ, how can one achieve ਮਿਲਾਪ?

let's all share our thoughts.

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ / Hukamnama Sahib - 9/3/08
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:36AM

-------
- why are both of the first 2 pankteea(n) numbered as ੧?
--------

The numbering of Rahao pankitis are always separate from other pankitis.

-------
- how does the panktee ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤ ਕੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਜਾਨੈ॥੩॥ relate to the meaning of the general shabad?
----------

The first pankiti of this stanza is ਜੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੈਸੋਈਭਲਮਾਨੈ॥ which means that one who accepts the will of Vaheguru. The second pankiti i.e. ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤ ਕੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਜਾਨੈ॥੩॥ 'realizes the greatness of Aad-Anth Vaheguru'. I think the words Aad and Ant denote Vaheguru. Vaheguru is the mool or aad of everything and he alone is the anth or end of everyone.

Kulbir Singh

Date: March 10, 2008 09:43AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

veer jee,

how would the sihareeaa(n) in ਆਦਿ and ਕੀਮਤਿ affect the meaning of:

ਜੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੈਸੋਈਭਲਮਾਨੈ॥
ਆਦਿਅੰਤਕੀਕੀਮਤਿਜਾਨੈ॥੩॥

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: March 17, 2008 04:04AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ,

what are your thoughts?

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: March 18, 2008 06:44AM

The sihaaris on ਆਦਿ and ਕੀਮਤਿ are part of the spelling and are always there, no matter what the case. For this reason the meanings of this pankiti will not be affected with presence of sihaaris.

Kulbir Singh

Date: March 18, 2008 10:04AM

but they are not pronounced so what is their significance. i assumed they must be there for viyakaarN purposes. is that not the case?

does this mean that there are occassions when siharees are there before the last letter of words but not only are they not to be pronounced, neither do they have any viyakaaraN-related purposes?

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: March 18, 2008 10:51AM

-----
but they are not pronounced so what is their significance. i assumed they must be there for viyakaarN purposes. is that not the case?
---------

The original word is Aadee in Sanskrit but as this word progressed from Sanskrit to Sehaskrit to Prakrit to old Punjabi, it became Aad. Guru Sahib retained the original spellings though. Another example is the word Shaant. It's written with sihaari in the end but pronounced as Shaant as in "Kar Shaant sukh mann aaye vasiya...|| (Siri Anand Sahib)

The word keemat is a Persian/Arabic word and like other such words from these langauges, sihaari is kept in the end e.g. Mashakat (Siri Jap jee Sahib), Hakeeakt etc.

Kulbir Singh

Date: March 18, 2008 11:16AM

so was keemat originally pronounced as keematee by persians/arabs? i.e. is that the same type of scenario regarding aadee / aad?

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: March 18, 2008 12:45PM

I don't think keemat was ever pronounced as keematee but many words mostly those of feminine gender from Persian are written with sihaari end, even though the sihaari is not pronounced.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib