ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Question about article on dushtdasam.org
Posted by: nihung (IP Logged)
Date: March 19, 2008 11:21PM

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

I had a fews questions about one of the articles on the dushtdasam.org site. The following is the text from Bh. Piata Singh Padam’s article ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਪਰਮਾਣਿਕਤਾ:

“ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਇਹ ਮੁੱਖ ਦਸ ਰਚਨਾਵਾਂ ਸੰਕਲਿਤ ਹਨ:

ਜਾਪੁ, ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤਿ, ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਬੋਧ, ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਮ-ਮਾਲਾ, ਚੰਡੀ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰੋਕਤੀ ਬਿਲਾਸ, ਵਾਰ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਕੀ, ਬਿਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ, ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰੋ-ਪਖਯਾਨ, ਹਕਾਯਾਤ ਤੇ ਜ਼ਫਰਨਾਮਾ। ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਸ ਚੀਜ਼ਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਇਲਾਵਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਰਾਗਾਂ ਕੇ, 32 ਸੈਯੇ, ਖਾਲਸਾ ਮਹਿਮਾ, ਖਿਆਲ, ਸੱਦ ਤੇ ਕੁਝ ਹੋਰ ਅਸਫੋਟਕ ਛੰਦ ਵੀ ਹਨ ਜੋ ਅੰਤ ਵਿਚ ਦਰਜ ਕੀਤੇ ਗਏ ਹਨ।“

Where about do the Shabad Ragaa Ke appear in Dasam Granth Sahib? It seems like Bh. Padam wrote this article while considering Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth as one compilation since he includes the Khalsa Mehma in the list. This bani appears in Sarbloh Granth. Is this correct? Singhs recently organized a seminar here on Dasam Granth Sahib but not much information was shared about the Sarbloh Granth. Please try to post some articles about this Granth on the new site.

Also, we usually hear about taitee (33) swaaey… what are the 32 ਸੈਯੇ? A typo or a different bani?

Can anyone also provide with a table of contents of all the major portions of the Sarbloh Granth? Which bani is ਸੱਦ and what about the ਅਸਫੋਟਕ ਛੰਦ? What would ਅਸਫੋਟਕ translate to?

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

DiscoverSikhi.com

Re: Question about article on dushtdasam.org
Posted by: gsingh (IP Logged)
Date: March 20, 2008 09:59AM

khalsa mehima from dasam granth is different than the one from sarbloh granth. The one in dasam granth is sometimes referred to as mishar prat. I believe it comes right before shabad hazare and after 33 swayey.

sadd is the shabad that guru sahib wrote in maajh when they went to lakhi jungle.

I've also wondered about 33 swayey, in Panth prakash it is also written as 32 swayey, I wonder why.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib