ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Is 99% of the Panth really doing Paath?
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 01:13AM

VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Khalsa Jeeo,

i had the good fortune to speak with a Kamaee-walaa Gursikh recently. Whilst we discussed the importance of LaReevaar Saroop, he said that those who do Paath from Pad-ched aren't really 'doing Paath' in the truest sense because someone else has done it for them already. Pad-ched Pathees are simply repeating that person's attempts and in doing so,they are making the same potential mistakes as that person.

i think this is a very interesting and important point.

What do others think?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: Is 99% of the Panth really doing Paath?
Posted by: Daljeet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 01:42PM

Thats such a wrong mentality. Its like you're saying you're not reading baanee but something else, or you're doing paap by reading from padd ched.

Sure, you should strive to learn gurbaanee in larivaar saroops, but you shouldn't say if they are reading padd ched they are not 'doing paath' from it they're not doing his sift salah or it working in their benefit, what about amrit keertan sencheeaa, does tapoban gurduaara saheb have larivaar amrit keertans for reference?

Do you think someone shouldn't even read gurbaanee if they are not reading from lareevaar, that type of kattar mentality is what takes people away. I'm sure the person who said that knows the proper vishraams, or know what sihaaree/bihaarees mean on certain words.

Naam japnaa, amrit chaknaa, rehat rakhnee jarooree aa, maryada dee pratipaalan karnee jarooree aa but don't say reading baanee one way is right and another way is wrong, you're no-one to make that statement.

Bhul chuk muaaf karnee.

Posted by: Jagjit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 01:42PM

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I am not sure I agree with that. Paath is more than just than just separating the Gurbani.

I think making statements such as 99% of the Panth is really not doing paath, will not further understanding of the importance of larrevar saroop.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 02:00PM

At a personal level, I never do paath from padd-chhed Gurbani but don't extend this to others. It's not a Tapoban policy to not consider ones who do paath from padd-chhed as not doing paath.

I don't think paath from padd-chhed will have same shakti as from Laridaar saroop. This again is a personal opinion, not an official opinion of Tapoban.

Paath from Gurbani includes not only pronouncing Gurbani but also understanding it. One can do padd-chhed of Gurbani only when one understands it. When doing paath from laridaar form of Gurbani, one has to understand it and only then one can do paath. If Gurbani has already been done padd-chhed, this important part of doing paath is missed.

Rest Guru Sahib knows.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 12:03AM

Veer Daljeet Singh,

these are the thoughts of someone else - i didn't make this statement and i don't think reading Pad-Ched is a Paap; i don't know what gave you that impression. i use Pad-Ched GurbaNee to compare against the Paath Maharaaj Jee blesses me with; to get a second opinion as it were, in the absence of a Santhiyaa teacher.

Veer Jagjit Singh,

the title of the thread is not a 'statement' - it's a question meant to stimulate debate, to refer to the Gursikh's opinion. It also sums-up the contention inherent in the debate. i don't know - you northerners! (((:-)>>

my limited view is that Paath from Pad-Ched GurbaNee is positive, spiritually uplifting and a massively positive Karam. However, all factors equivalent (i.e. person doing Paath, their Avasthaa etc.), i humbly believe that reading GurbaNee the way Maharaaj Jee delivered it to us is a more principled act and delivers more benefits - simply because it is Maharaaj Jee's Hukam. Gursikhs enjoy listening to Maharaaj Jee's Hukams and shirk away from introducing their own ideas and innovations to the detriment of these Hukams.

Veer Kulbir Singh has also mentioned some spiritual/technical benefits - these and the many,many others have been well-documented via this forum.

i shared this Gursikh's statement because i think it raises interesting and important issues. most people simply don't realise that reading GurbaNee via Pad-Ched means that GurbaNee is being 'filtered through to them' via someone else other than Maharaaj Jee. if anything i hope that this realisation spurs them on to commit to reading from LaReevaar-Roop GurbaNee.

Bhul chuk maaf karna Sadh-Sangat Jeeo.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib