ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: should sikh girls be allowded to marry inter-religion ?
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 09:59AM

I feel that punjabis(both turbanned and monnaa) belong to further sub-categories
1. lots of satkaar for guru ghar, respect for amritdharis, lack of knowledge of gurmat( people belonging to this category either become sikhs at some point in their lives or can be easily made sikhs,such people are very good friends of the khalsa panth)
2. decent satkaar for guru ghar, not much respect for amritdharis(amritdharis themselves are responsible for much of this), lack of knowledge of gurmat(such people can also be made sikhs, they are decent friends or well wishers of the khalsa panth)
3, not much respect for guru ghar, hate or dislike for amritdharis/lack of/misinformed knowledge of gurmat(they are the worst kind and many of such punjaibs are radhasoamis, ashtoshites, sacha-saudaites etcc and I feel khalsa panth shud have ABSOLUTELY NUTHING TO DO WITH SUCH PEOPLE)

I feel people belonging to the first categories that their kids(boys and girls) marry into similar kind because by doing so their chances of becoming sikhs wont decrease.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 02:48PM

veer atma singh ji i m very agree with ur valuable comment tht it depends upon the type of enviornment in which "she " is living. If they dont have any knowledge abt Guruji's teaching, dhram, rahet maryada such incidents are ought to happen. It is only because of the lackasdical attiude shown by the parents to teach their ward abt sikhism such incidents happen.

Veer ji i didnt included sikh men because according to indian tradition whn a man get married it is not required for him to change his religion and name. Whn a sikh is marrying a non sikh he is bringing "one" in. and which will inturn produce "2"(at least).
on the other hand a big loss happens whn a gurl changes her faith.

veer atma singh ji im fully agree with u tht a sikh becomes "complete" only whn he is amritdhari. But we cant just ignore away all our people who are non amritdharis.

look in case of muslim every muslmaan didnt keep his beard. and every hindu didnt wear janeu and have bodi. but still they call thmslves muslim and hindus respectively and those who keeps, propects thm.

The motive of raising this controversial topic was to raise concerns in the mind of our sikh brothers abt the issue.

Muslims In uk are targetting sikh girls " muslims use to say if they bring one girl of another religion they will get "hoors" in heaven. similar strategy is being adopted by some hindu outfits in Outer punjab area. i personaly know some areas out of punjab whre sikh people had joined hand to avoid such incidents. they had made one small political outfit of sikh boys. one example is in dehradun.

veerji if we think in the same manner as my brother "Hopeless" is thinking tht some people are calling amritdharis gianiji or something. veerji its our duty to take thm along so tht those innocent people cant fell prey to dhongi, pakhandi babas. or some religion worshiping PENIS, or stones.(almost everything)

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2008 06:32AM

Interesting.

In Hazur Sahib, Nihang Singhs still inter-marry with Hindu women and have Sikh chidren, their daughters can only marry Singhs whilst sons may marry either (Hindu or Sikh). 18th c rehits also make reference to the fact that a Singhs daughter can only be married to Singh.

Logically, how did the panth grow in the 1st place? i.e. from Guru Nanak Dev Ji's followers? Sikhs married Hindu women who then became Sikhs (or agreed to before hand).

Also, the vadda ghallughaara needs to be considered when the large part of the Sikh populcae was decimated. How did Sikhs grow again...

We see a similar code in Islam i.e. men can marry outside, but women can't, this is a commonsensical way to increase a groups numbers, as i said similar restrictions re Sikh women can be found in puratan maryadai (18th c).

Today most jathaa's Panj Pyrare require both man and woman to be amritdhari, so I suppose the logical action would be ensure that a non-Sikh boy or girl, marries someone who will agree to take amrit (argueably before or after marriage, preferebaly before for obvious reasons), I don't think this is the case in Nihang Daals though.

Re who is a Sikh, Sikhs existed in non-Khalsa form before 1699 and continued to exist afterwards i.e. Udasin, Nanak Panthis etc, and we have respected personalities liek Bhai Kanaya, Bhai Nand Lal Goya and Pir Budhu Shah.

Of course Khalsa form (internal) existed before 1699 as shown by Bhagat Kabir Ji's bani.

But again, most 18th c rehit sources speak of Sehah-dhari and Kes-dhari (Khalsa) Sikhs, so Sikh was originally a broad definition for those who believed in Guru Sahiban, but some were slow adopters.

Again, I recall rehits saying that a Singhs daughter cannot marry Sehaj-dhari, but vice versa was allowed.

There is a key difference between what people are terming Punjabi and Sehaj-dhari, although they can be one and the same, it's not a given. A Punjabi does not necessarily believe in Sikhi and becoming a Khalsa one day, even if from a Sikh background.

Date: April 09, 2008 07:36AM

GREAT POST HARCHARAN SINGH JEE.
I have learnt so much and I guess my views might change after reading ur zabardast post. broadly speaking, a sikh shud marry a sikh but there can be exceptions as this ajabb jagat tamasha or bichatarr natak can take so many turns and twists.
I feel if in a war, large number of singhs population gets shaheed, even marrying more than 1 bibi is correct infact shud be done and I have a feeling it will be done in the near future.
What a play!

Date: April 09, 2008 07:38AM

i have a benti can u answer my post in the thread "amrit sanchars 1699-1708"
your servant

Date: April 09, 2008 07:52AM

<< In Hazur Sahib, Nihang Singhs still inter-marry with Hindu women and have Sikh chidren,>>
I feel thats a very nice thing to do, especially marrying the poor or orphan girls, its an excellent thing to do. Women shud be given SPECIAL HONOUR AND RESPECT by Khalsa(punjabi sikhs need to learn to respect women).
Mahrashtrian and south indian hindu is a lot different from the stuff of UP, punjab, delhi haryana. they have a much better history and have degenerated less.

Date: April 09, 2008 12:18PM

sIKhism shows a great respect towards women and Guruji gave equal rights for women also at every place be it war or naam simran.

Also guruji had clearly said A SIKH SHOULD BOYCOTT "Kuri maar and Narhi maar" kuri maar - one who kills his/her daughter
narhi maar- one who smokes hukaa, bidi or any flavoured cigerette.

I personaly think tht sikh panth should excommunicate those who kill their "daughters" and also im very much greatly concerned "girl education" or education taught in schools I think nowday its has become the "need of time" to teach sikh children abt gurmat, guruji and singh , singhniis, etc(our history). the best way to teach chilren abt dhram is teaching at Gurudwara.

SGPC should take an initiative to teach the children at gurudwaras this will very much help the community and such incidents will not ever happen (as the thread says).

Date: April 09, 2008 12:39PM

here the meaning of this thread is very well justified by brother "harcharn Singh ji"
Now coming to the debate part, the issue was raised becuz several of such instances wre happening right under our nose and community is in deep slumber.

In this issue only we discussed many topics such as WHO A SIKH IS?
WHT ARE THE reasons behind SUCH HAPPENIngs ?
"caste system" present ?? in SIKHISM?
y Majbi sikhs prefer thmslves to be called as VALMIKIS? 10% of punjab population

how sikh is differnt from khalsa?
can sikh marry outside? the religion?

Date: April 09, 2008 01:30PM

great post sidhu.hcl veer
Dashmesh Pita gave the word 'singh' to His sons and 'kaur' to His daughters. Though bibis can be called singhnis but Dashmesh Pita made them Kaur, ie. Dashmesh Pita wants His singhs(lions) to treat His daughters as raj-kumaris.

males who rape shud be killed and people who kill daughters are murderers which is bit small a crime than rape in my eyes but still serious punishment.

Date: April 09, 2008 09:38PM

"males who rape shud be killed "
i change my statement. Males who rape,their unmentionable part shud be cut.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib