ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

how much is politics important for a SIKH ??
Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2008 03:39AM

is politics also important for a SIKH?

If yes. why? how is religion and politics associated?

If no why are the Five thakts created? why the jathedaars are being appointed in a democratic way ?

Kindly cast ur views abt the subject and with the refrences from Gurbani or intellectual views or verses of guruji's time.

Re: how much is politics important for a SIKH ??
Date: April 06, 2008 01:44PM

Politics and religion are two most seperate things.

Politics is a symbol of "dunia daari" and religion is a symbol of "way to reach god" and usually this path is considered to be away from "dunia daari".
Thn why politics is also important for a sikh??

Nowdays in the present senario "politics and religion" are not far away items but it is "POLITICS OF PIETY" giong on .

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 01:03AM

a person who keeps all rehit bibek, spends 24 hours in simran bibek(naam bani) and reads gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee, that person will become the BEST(way way way ahead of other humans)
1. saint
2. soldier
3. politician
infact, i feel that only khalsa(in the form of 5 singhs) is the true king(ruler)
only khalsa is the true soldier
only khalsa is the true politician( other politicians are dogs, pigs, beasts, cheats, frauds, hypocrats, thuggg, chorrr, badmash, kanjarr)

Date: April 07, 2008 11:07PM

veer ji all other politicians are ( dogs........kanjar) agree. they are playing the "politics of Piety" and it is the worst.

BUt why is politics important for a sikh too ? what guruji wanted by establishing 5 thakts ? and why is miri and piri is important?

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 08, 2008 05:18AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

sadh sangat jeeo,

being aware of politics, strategies/implications etc., and being involved in politics are two entirely different things.

perhaps someone can quote historical references attributed to maharaaj jee regards poltics...

i think there is one in 'sau sakhee' which was allegedly dictated by siree dasmesh pita jee; i tried googling but couldn't find it.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: April 08, 2008 05:39AM

<< they are playing the "politics of Piety" and it is the worst. >>

they are killers of humans, non-humans(animals, birds,insects,microbes), nature,environment. politicians are TERRORISTS.
"Spiritual" politicians(priests,mullahs, quazis, bamanns, dehdhari gurus and even present day pardhans and fake sants claiming to be sikhs) are even more dangerous terrorists, hahaha
politicians instead of fighting crime increase crime and "spiritual" politicians instead of fighting sin increase sin(which greatly increases crime)

<< what guruji wanted by establishing 5 thakts ? and why is miri and piri is important>>

EVERYTHING we do other than naam has some effect(good or BAD) on the creation(humans, plants, insects, microbes, soil, water, air, atmosphere,space).
Infact Bhai Sahib Gurdass Jee has written in his vaaran that a person who doesnt japp naam is a burden on earth.
To fight the above mentioned bad effect, we need governance(punj pyare), takhths(Sri Akal Takhat and the rest), army(akaali nihung singh)
miri(takhats) is needed to fight crime.
piri(gurbani, gurmat naam) is needed to fight sin.

Date: April 08, 2008 12:08PM

veer harinder singh ji kindly elaborate on Miri piri concept in regard with the issue in the thread here . i want to know what exactly is this? how sikhi is related to politics ? i dont have exact and clear understanding of this.

Pls veer atma singh ji if u can also help kindly help to make me understd of the concept of miri piri and how they are related with the thread.
all other tapoban singhs and singhnii are cordially invited to contribute.

Date: April 08, 2008 06:22PM

veer jeeooo
<< veer harinder singh ji kindly elaborate on Miri piri concept >>
may be someone who has done decent reading of gur itihaas/ panth itihaas can elaborate. I myself am a very poor reader, other than gurbani and forums,lol, i dont read much. I wrote what I think(according to my present avastha).

Date: April 09, 2008 12:53PM

I think the concept of Miri piri is BEING SAINT AND BEING SIPAHI or BEING IN DHRAM AND BEING IN RAJNITI.

Rajniti is also the integral part in sikh's life. Guruji wanted his sikh to be participating in religious activites also tht contributes to rajniti. rajniti from its meaning suggests Raj + niti "niti to understd raj." a Sikh should be having qualities tht he can well understand the tactics of politics and he can impart his role best to the kingdom also.

Guruji wanted his sikhs to establish a kingdom of sikhs."raj karega khalsa, aaki rahe na koi" > i think this may be the reason guruji established FIVE THAKTS at five distant places. this can be taken as his excellent art of domainance, to stratagically control over the region. He wanted his sikhs to preach sikhism to almost every corner of india .

I believe one day will come whn sikhs will rule the world. and definately khalsa will RULE>

any takers??

Date: April 09, 2008 02:04PM

piri means spiritual power
miri means sansari power

Gursikhs incharge of piri shud be of very high avastha.
Miri is further divided into:
1. law, policy makers and policemen
law and police makers shud be of very high avastha(akaalis)
policemen shud be of good decent avastha.(akaalis or a bit less will also do i guess)

2. army
incharge of army shud of very high avastha(akaali nihung) and the soldiers shud be fearless, crocodile warriors(nihungs)

regarding takhaats , i dont know whether there are 4 or 5(my intution says 5) but the jathedaar of akaal takht shud be a proper akaali and ideally akaali nihung.
So basically we need Dharam niti
Raj niti
Rann(war) niti
Akal purakh love dharam as well as rann and raj is maya but its needed only to prosper dharam.(raj bina nahin dharam chalai hai)

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib