ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

hair removel by amritdhari bibi
Posted by: * (IP Logged)
Date: April 06, 2008 02:10PM

WAHEGURU JE KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JE KI FATEH

I have one relative and she is getting her hair removed by electrolysis and she said after this she will go again next year and will take amrit again. There argument is that it is a treatment like any other physical problem. She got amrit after she got married and broke it by threading. After she got again amrit at that time she didnt even tell punj pyaray about this and than after some time start doing bleeching after a month or so. Now she said instead of breaking again and again she going to do that. She is the one who preach everybody on religon.

We told them ( my family) that we are not going to eat anything she cook or prepare. I can not say I am 100% but I try.

Am I right by saying that.???

Lots of bibian are doing this kind of thing. I think it is fashion but they saying it is treatment.

Please comment.

Re: hair removel by amritdhari bibi
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 12:28AM

<< We told them ( my family) that we are not going to eat anything she cook or prepare. I can not say I am 100% but I try. >>>

mere pyare veer, U R 100% RIGHT.
i feel such bibis shud not be given amrit but then these days amrit sanchars have become chabeelaaan and every tom dick and harry can drink the chabeel water.( i dont care if someone accusses me of nindaa or punishment in the after life)

Posted by: ... (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 10:24AM

will she die if she doesnt remove her kes?
no?

then there cannot possibly be any scientific/medical basis for this!!

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 11:54AM

someone should stop her from taking amrit!!! She should learn the importance of hair and amrit. when she is ready to give her mind to Guru sahib then she should take amrit and accept vaheguru's will. This is terrible!!

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 01:46PM

the whole creation is crying/begging/ for amrit(sur nar munn jann amrit khojde...)
on vaisakhi 1699, the powerful charan pahul ceremony was changed to equally powerful khande baate de pahul ceremoney and just look what the panth has made of this ceremony in 2008.
a bibi breaks her amrit by threading and easily, comfortably and i feel even confidentally,hahaha chakks amrit again without even confessin/getting punished for bajjar kurehit. after this commits the kurehit of bleaching and now again wants to break her amrit via electrolysis and still feels confident that she will go next year and GET amrit,hahahahahaha

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 03:10PM

I think she need a psychologist and i dont think hairs will let u down anyway in front of others? she is sick becoz of TELEVISION and may be she might be not practising sikhism in her dialy life.

Posted by: sikh (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2008 03:33PM

khalsa jio
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

hair remove by sikh? (bibi or singh)NO NO NEVER!!!!
amritdhari(amrit dharn karna)or amritshakk(new world mostly use today)are different stage(poisson's)

<<<Lots of bibian are doing this kind of thing. I think it is fashion but they saying it is treatment>>>yes,"Mann Jany Saab bat Janet hi augn Karry"

Singh also saving his sikhi(gursikhijeevan)by devourers and going to 2th(some on 3th)marriage with little excuses family member's sangit not develop other partners sikhi how that person preach to other

<<We told them ( my family) that we are not going to eat anything she cook or prepare>>>
if you not eat thin what happened?you develop his/her sikhi?if you eat your jiven destroy(as like BRAHMMN BHIT)

"GUNVANTI GUNN SARY NEET NANAK GURMIT MILLIAY MEET"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 04:38PM by admin.

Posted by: skaur (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 09:32AM

It's very easy to judge those women who remove/bleach facial hair or get laser treatments done, but it all comes down to looks. Women in general, care a lot more about their looks than men do. Why? To look attractive. And why do we care so much to look attractive? Generally, for guys.

Most of us would take comfort knowing that at least Singhs accept us for who we are, facial hair or not. But when Guru Sahib's SINGH's want their women to be virtually hairless, then what are women supposed to do? There are very few...VERY few Singh's out there who will respect a woman and want to be seen with her if she has access facial hair/body hair.

If Singh's would give more respect to women and support them to keep their Rehit to the fullest, I am absolutely positive that these issues wouldn't even arise.

Date: April 12, 2008 12:47PM

Skaur,
these women shouldn't be concerned about what singhs think and should only live to please Guru Sahib.

Posted by: jkaur (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 05:07PM

Totally agree with skaur...If singhs can change theyre thinking, it will help alot of bibiaa who dont have the strength to keep their facial hair.

Posted by: * (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 09:58PM

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Gkaur and skaur ji.

The above mentioned bibi is married for 10 years and have kids.

Posted by: jkaur (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 06:40AM

yeah i agree, they should only live to please Guru Jee, but not every1 thinks like this.I am not saying that Singhs are entirely to blame. I just think that part of the reason is because alot of singhs would not marry a bibi with a bit of facial hair. In the case of the above bibi...im not really sure what her reasons are for doing it.I think you are 100% right in trying to make her see that she is doing something wrong, maybe talk to her? or try 2 make her see sense?

Date: April 13, 2008 02:04PM

Here im agree with Bibi J kaur ji and Bibi H kaur Ji .

Facial hairs in "women" is usually treated as "Bad gene" problem by men. and usually they dont prefer women with facial hairs. No singh will like to have a "wife" with mustaches and beard. This problem exist with atleast 85% women.

Though I strongly agree tht GURSIKHs shld not cut their Kesh in any manner.

I think before getting "amrit shak" a sikh or sikhnee should first be mentally prepared for the consequences. And amrit should not be forced on ur wife. If one wants to become "Guru ka pyara, Guru ka Roop" and wants to come under his extreme blessings he slhd do "amrit shak". BUt onces u become amritdhari dignity should be maintained. "those who insult amrit in any way should refrain from doing so." coz this way they are insulting thmslves and religion.

Posted by: skaur (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 08:48PM

I agree that we should live to please Guru Sahib Ji, which is the ultimate goal. But "No One", if you are a young woman who wants to get married and has facial hair, and no guy wants to marry her because of that, then you will understand. I know many Amrit Dhari girls who are in this situation, and I think that it's very easy for us to tell someone to simply please Guru Sahib Ji, but it's much harder for those girls who are in the situation.

Are there any Bibi's out there who are in the same situation, or who are trying to conquer this battle who can shed a different light on this issue? If so, please do comment!

Date: April 14, 2008 04:38AM

I am a young woman, I have little facial hair and I don't care if no one wants to marry me as long as I can marry Vaheguru ji. :)

Date: April 14, 2008 02:08PM

No_one ji I respect ur utmost love for Sikh Panth and Vaheguru ji .

But skaur ji Is also right in her statement. i think one should be mentally prepared Before getting baptised with "Guru Amrit".

In realty "Women" those who think they have more hairs on body or face are actually suffering from psychological disorder. Sometmes some feel tht they are not getting noticed. they shld look like different . In order to get tht attension they end up with BEADBI OF KESH.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 03:14PM

My head bows to my sisters who keep Guru Sahib's Sikhi in such situations as having excessive facial hair or other such situations. They are brave and far-sighted. Far-sighted because they realize that this temporary world is not worth keeping when it comes to Sikhi. Sikhi is more important than anything else.

Having said that, constant paath and Naam Abhyaas helps in such situations and such conditions can be eradicated by the kirpa of Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: April 16, 2008 05:51AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

The role of an Amritdhari Singh and an Amritdhari Kaur is different by nature and tradition.

As per tradition, Kaurs are married to Singhs and follow their respective Singhs while taking Lavan pheras. Which signifies whose going to lead !
Kaurs leave their parents home & move to their Singhs home, not the other way around.

As per nature Kaurs are capable of giving birth to a child and provide nourishment to the child. There is no way that a Singh can do that !

Patti(husband) = Parmeshar(God)

Being fair, those who talk more & don't act on gender equality. Would like to know, have they shared family inheritance with their sisters, have they given half of their wealth to their single or married daughters, how many have adopted their son-in-laws as a Ghar Jamai ?

I would like to suggest that Gursikh bibi's should get married at young age to avoid such a situation.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib