Date: May 17, 2008 08:02AM

New article on: [naam-jor.blogspot.com]

Please take out time to read it.

Thank you

Vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Re: new article: Sukhmani sahib
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 08:03AM

When Siri Sukhmani Sahib done with pyaar and shardha, it is like walking through a long tunnel full of amrit and on the way one gets drenched with this amrit.

Siri Sukhmani Sahib and Siri Asa kee Vaar are must baanis for serious seekers of Vaheguru.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Singhni MiriPiri (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:38AM

Depending on some people they may not be able to read bani with full concentration and love. Instead they start reading it like parrots. This does not help their spirituality in no way because Guru ji only accepts it when it is done with love and faith. When there is absence of the mind, it is like it wasn't read. For those people its better for them to read little bani and do more naam abhiyaas. Once they gain more control over the mind, if they please they can read more bani.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:38AM

Why is that Bhai Kulbir singh jee??

Also can doing sukhmani sahib once a day fulfill ones wishes?

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2008 12:14PM

vjkkvjkf

How should one try to these baneeya kant? i mean they are very long and you dont always have access to a gutka sahib.

I've heard from gursikhs that there are gursikhs at harmander sahib that do 15 sukhmanee sahibs a day!!! vaheguroo

bul chuk marf

vjkkvjkf

Date: May 20, 2008 12:31PM

----------
Why is that Bhai Kulbir singh jee??
------------------

Siri Asa kee Vaar paath (if possible kirtan) has been nitnem of Gurdwara Sahibaan from the beginning. The morning diwan at all Gurdwara Sahibaan includes kirtan of Siri Asa kee Vaar. As for Siri Sukhmani Sahib, this baani (like Saviyye Mahalay chauthe ke) contains very concentrated praise and sifat-salaah of Naam. After doing paath of this baani, one’s mind gets attuned to Naam simran, naturally. All Gurmukhs who reached high avastha have recommended the paath of this baani.

-------
Also can doing sukhmani sahib once a day fulfill ones wishes?
-------

I believe it can, provided paath is done with full Gurmat vidhi i.e. with full concentration, love and faith.

--------
How should one try to these baneeya kant? i mean they are very long and you dont always have access to a gutka sahib.
--------

Siri Sukhmani Sahib is very easy to kanth. It is like Chaupa Sahib in easeness of memorizing it. Siri Asa kee Vaar gets kanth very fast as well, if one attends amritvela diwan of Siri Asa kee Vaar kirtan. When memorizing Siri Sukhmani Sahib, memorize 4-6 ashtpadis at a time. Read these ashtpadis at least 3 times a day and also try to kanth it along. Within a month these ashtpadis will be kanth to you. Then proceed on to next 4-6 ashtpadis.

--------
I've heard from gursikhs that there are gursikhs at harmander sahib that do 15 sukhmanee sahibs a day!!! vaheguroo
--------

Such Gursikhs are all over the world. Doing multiple paaths of Siri Sukhmani Sahib are a wonderful way of getting closer to Guru Sahib.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 04:46AM

Sri Sukhmani Sahib is all that and more....imho the main thing to remeber is not to get into "ginntee Minttees"- just DO IT. As Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji has noted the amrit just falls from the sky ( one can taste it in the back of the throat )
Dass has never "bargained" or put a wish list at Guru Jis charankamal...He knows all and we just need to do our part- and i cna say it with 110% conviction that i have never wanted for anything - so far.. what i myself dotn know i "want" Guru Ji gives.
Thats why i am agaisnt the types of books that came out recently..Sukhmani Sahib deean 9 vishashtaiyaan...that is sort of bribery/advertisement. Just say if a sikh reads that and then begins to read SUkhmani Sahib...he will be eternally looking over his shoulder as to when Guru ji is going to grant him his secret wish ?? We must SURRENDER unconditionally - its up to Guru Ji to give or not. Bribery/bargaining wont be successful...my personal take.

Kulbir Singh ji i really loved the PANCHMESH shabdaavli to refer to Sahib Sri guru Arjun ji Sahib...almost all of us have seen DASMESH used for Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Ji...Panchmesh..sounds ...out of this world and brings the divine image of Guru Ji so vividly in my mind..THANKS for increasing my vocabulary Ji. I will be using this from now on...

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Date: May 22, 2008 07:08AM

Arshi Gyani jeeo

The credit for coming up with the term 'Panchmesh' really goes to Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. I read it for the first time in his books and unknowingly added this word to my vocabulary. Same way I have unknowingly and effortlessly added many Farsi words to my vocabulary since Bhai Sahib used these words extensively in his writings.

Great to see you back in action on this forum.

Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2008 07:42AM by admin.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 12:44PM

Question Bhai Kulbir Singh and other gursikhs!!

1) Is the bachan of Baba Nand Singh jee true, if one does 2 paaths of sukhmani sahib a day, he will be guranteed a place in sachkhand??

2) Also is it true if one listens to sukhmani sahib jee from a ipod, mp3 or sangat, it has no phal?

Thank you dont wanna cause any trouble

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 06:23AM

sukhmani sahib says in the starting ,,SIMRO'

obviously we have to read all baanees but is there really benifit in reading the baanis 10 times a day but not really doing what pitaa jee says: naaaaaaaaaaaaaam japooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

baani reading is benificial. for sure, but what is with the actual thing?
- Naam Abhiyaas.

that's what sukhmani sahib wants. i don't think baani wants us ro read it only and do no simran

daas hopes u know what daas wants to say.

Date: May 23, 2008 08:03AM

---------
1) Is the bachan of Baba Nand Singh jee true, if one does 2 paaths of sukhmani sahib a day, he will be guranteed a place in sachkhand??
---------

What I know is that Siri Sukhmani Sahib paath aids in japping Naam and Naam abhyaas in turn guarantees one place in Sachkhand. In what context Baba jee made the above statement, I don't know. In the end of Sidh Gosht, Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee made the following declaration:

ਸਬਦੈ ਕਾ ਨਿਬੇੜਾ ਸੁਣਿ ਤੂ ਅਉਧੂ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਜੋਗੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥
ਨਾਮੇ ਰਾਤੇ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਮਾਤੇ ਨਾਮੈ ਤੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ॥
ਨਾਮੈ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਸਭੁ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਾਮੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਭੇਖ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਹੁਤੇਰੇ ਸਚੈ ਆਪਿ ਖੁਆਈ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਉਧੂ ਜੋਗ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਤਾ ਹੋਈ ॥
ਕਰਿ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ਮਨਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੭੨॥

Siri Guru jee in the first pankiti above, clearly states that without Naam, Jog (milaap) is not possible.

---------
2) Also is it true if one listens to sukhmani sahib jee from a ipod, mp3 or sangat, it has no phal?
----------

I don't know if there is phal or not but I personally don't believe in listening to paath or kirtan from tapes, mp3 etc. It can't be bad to listen to Gurbani through these devices but it is kind of lazyness that does not equal doing paath yourself. If given a choice, one should do paath instead of listening to paath from tape, cd or mp3. This is my opinion.

As for listening from sangat, live, it is totally something else. It's got great phal.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: May 23, 2008 08:28AM

"sukhmani sahib says in the starting ,,SIMRO'

obviously we have to read all baanees but is there really benifit in reading the baanis 10 times a day but not really doing what pitaa jee says: naaaaaaaaaaaaaam japooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

baani reading is benificial. for sure, but what is with the actual thing?
- Naam Abhiyaas.

that's what sukhmani sahib wants. i don't think baani wants us ro read it only and do no simran

daas hopes u know what daas wants to say."

Bani helps our mind stop wavering and destroys evil thoughts. It also helps improve our concentration when we do simran. Without doing simran salvation won't be achieved.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Date: May 23, 2008 10:42AM

People do as much Gurbani abhiyaas as they can to strengthen their mind. Reading bani is like holding onto Guru ji. Without reading bani we are still able to stray on the wrong path.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib