ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

GURU KIAN SAKHIAN
Posted by: fresh singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2008 11:02AM

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The guru, first divested them of their names and then bestowed the name "singh" on the five, with a shout of triumph and a { rousing} slogan.

The guru said: these five- your [former] birth, duty, works, illusions and effort- have been renounced. You are the Khalsa and you wear its uniform, visible and handsome, with due honour. Before administering pahul to u [i command you] never to be without these five kakaars. First, u must wear a blue Keski, a Kangha of wood, a Kirpan, Kara of sarab-loh and a white Kachehra. If ever you are separated from any one of these go to the gurdwara and seek forgiveness, [promising] not to be careless in the future.

GURU KIAN SAKHIAN BY SARUP SINGH KAUSHISH IN 1790

DISCOVERED BY GIANI GARJA SINGH AND IS NOW HELD BY DEPARTMENT OF PUNJAB HISTORICAL STUDIES AT PUNJAB UNIVERSITY IN PATIALA.

IT WAS EDITED AND PUBLISHED IN 1986 BY PIARA SINGH PADAM

what do you think about this?

Re: GURU KIAN SAKHIAN
Posted by: gsingh (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:52PM

What is your point? Would you like someone else to post all the sources that call kes a kakkar?

Please save us from another keski vs. kes debate.

Re: GURU KIAN SAKHIAN
Posted by: fresh singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 08:45AM

What is your point? Would you like someone else to post all the sources that call kes a kakkar?

Please save us from another keski vs. kes debate.

i do not want to start a dabate.
i want to know what it means by "go to the gurdwara and seek forgiveness, [promising] not to be careless in the future." does this mean u have to seek forgiveness from the sangat or the Panj Piare and who do to promise to the sangat or the Panj Piare. if sangat then when do u tell them.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib