ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT ? ONE OR MILLIONS
Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 08:27PM

One of my youngest Gurbani Class students came up with this intriguing query.
When the State executes a convicted murderer/rapist etc through Electric Chair/Hanging/Lethal injection etc...

Is the State killing only ONE or are we killing off the millions/possibly trillions of micro-organisms etc living inside and outside that. Did those millions also actually commit the crime of murder ??

This comment came in an ongoing discussion about the devastating cyclone in Mynmaar. Some of the students were claiming that God sent the Cyclone Nargis to Mynmaar to PUNISH the LEADERS of Mynmaar who had earlier killed many holy MONKS images of those monks bodies floating upside down in muddy puddles of water shocked the world. How will Nargis "punish" the leaders Junta ? Simply by the bringing down of the countryseconomy, they lose sleep over the world wide media attention etc..and thus GOD while "Executing" the Junta also extinguishes the lives of many mynmareese as in Example of murderer executed by electrocution.

What is Guru Jis point whereby in babavani Guru jis is saying. Etee MAAR payee kurlanneh TEN KI DARD NA AIYA ??.Paap ki jujn lai kabulon dhaiya zoree manggeh daan ve lalo. IS Babar the same thing as Nargis ?? Nargis has also brought destruction and demanded Zoree DAAN. Did the China Earthquake also demanded Zoree Daan from China for the murder and rape of tibet continued just recently ??

Tapoban snagats views ?? I would also love to hear what those lovely "bhujangees" have to say in their Gurbani classes held in Tapoban Sahib ?? Their pics on the Message Board look lovely. I beleive and stress that GURBANI is for ALL TIME..its relevant...and never goes out of fashion/outdated. Thus we can connect Babavani to TODAY.

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib