ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Guru Sahib Jeeo's Hukam At The Time Of Namkaran
Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: May 24, 2008 07:19AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Can anyone tell me is there any special importance of Guru Sahib jeeo's Hukamnama at the time of Namkaran as compared to daily Hukumnama's.

Does that particular Hukum hold any other significance other than making use of the first Gurbani Akhhar for naming purpose ?

Please give this a thought and then give your views.

Thanks

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Re: Guru Sahib Jeeo's Hukam At The Time Of Namkaran
Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 24, 2008 10:01AM

The objective is the same. To bless the child with darshan of Shabd Guru through the hukum. Obviously out of respect and as per the modern rehit maryada, one also takes the first word or an akhar from the first word of the shabd to help in naming the child.

There is not a set ritualistic outcome, what one takes from the hukum is purely down to their prem and sharda for Shabd Guru.

Parents and in time the child, may like to see the hukum as a specific direction/instruction for the child in terms of personal progress.

But as I say, it's all a matter of ones prem and bharosa in Satguru.

I know many people that don't even bother taking note of the hukum, they are simply interested in the letter options for names. I even know people who weren't happy with the choice, so the Granthi performed a second hukumnama for them!!

Re: Guru Sahib Jeeo's Hukam At The Time Of Namkaran
Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: June 03, 2008 06:45AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Check this out

[www.sikhnet.com]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib