ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

how to make use of dasvand ??
Posted by: javab_deyo (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2008 01:19PM

gurfateh sangat ji

i will be receiving my first pay check and was wondering how to make the most benifitial use of it.

can the sangat please tell me where they give their dasvand and which organization truly work for the poor and for the cause of sikhi because our gurudwaras are loaded anyways and i wish to use it where the needy get helped or the actual cause of sikhi gets assisted.

thanks

Re: how to make use of dasvand ??
Date: June 12, 2008 05:36PM

also if daas wants to contribute to the gurudwara tapoban sahib.....how do i do it??

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 01:56AM

My advice of month 3 of my dasvand practice is stick to giving it to organisations who are doing seva as opposed to thinking what you yourself can spend it on as i found to my cost i wasted 1 months dasvand.....so from now on it will go straight to places like 'united sikhs''khalsa camp'etc.

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 05:15AM

[www.kalgidharsociety.org]

This charity is probably one of the best, if not the best to donate to.

The seva they do is incomparable, instead of just making a racket about Sikhi, they live it. They help orphans, girls, widows, lepers, aged, disabled, poor - provide education, heathcare, orphanges, Gurmat camps teaching all aspects of Sikhi.

They are truely perform indiscriminate nishkaam seva in the light of Bhai Kanaiya Ji.

Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 06:48AM

ssa

theres akways Pingalwara (http://www.pingalwaraonline.org/)

theres an ashram that teaches blind children Gurbani kirtan (www.littleblindpeople.com)

perhaps you could put it in seperate account every month so you have a small fund on the side and then perhaps use it to contribute to the medical expenses of the poorest patients of the doctor near your village in india. you could tell the doctor to inform of how many patients have difficulty affording treatment and say i will cover maximum of (insert amount) of poorest patients medical charges each month. given the doctor is trustworthy of course!

also why not look for a local charity in the place where you reside? e.g. local homeless charity

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 08:00AM

Daswandh should be used on the chardi kala of Khalsa Panth. One can spend it on parchaar, Gurmat literature, Gurdwara Sahibaan, helping out gursikhs who are financially restrained etc. Daswandh can only be spent on Khalsa Panth and no where else. If one wants to help out a non-Khalsa cause, one can use monies over and above daswandh (10% of income).

Kulbir Singh

Date: June 13, 2008 08:52AM

hmmm true.........thanks for your advice.......also if i want to contributr the gurudwara tapoban sahib as the singhs definitely do a lot of parhcaar how do i do so???

admin jeeo.....if you could shed some light

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 10:30AM

'Daswandh can only be spent on Khalsa Panth and no where else.'

what about giving daswandh to sikh charities who are helping non sikhs?

Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: June 14, 2008 10:09AM

"Daan deo Inn he ka Bhalo"

Date: June 16, 2008 05:38AM

'Daswandh can only be spent on Khalsa Panth and no where else.'

what about 'the hungry mans mouth is the Gurus cashbox'?

infact what is this assertion based on?

interested ot know

Posted by: Manjot Singh Khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: June 16, 2008 06:34PM

Panthic.org and Waheguroo Network are both heavily in need of cash..

The sevadars of those sites shell out hundreds of dollars every month not to mention huge amounts of time away from their families to keep those sites going.

Date: June 19, 2008 05:45AM

"Daswandh can only be spent on Khalsa Panth and no where else."

really? based on what?

what happened to the hungry man's mouth is the guru's cashbox

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib